Mobile ticketing & the game day experience

Dcat

On 9/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, nj meadowlands said:

That's a great idea.  Hey Jets!  How are you doing?  Here is a consolidated list of my gripes with the Gameday Experience.  I will update this if I can think of any more.

1. Getting in and out of the stadium is a complete mess.  Even before the mobile ticketing disaster noted above, the ingress / egress to the actual MetLife Stadium building remains a downright liability.  The escalator situation --- having to use multiple escalators to get to each level of the stadium and, the bottle necks that are created --- is a health and disaster hazard, not to mention a real inconvenience.

2. The "gameday presentation" (what goes on over the loudspeaker and jumbotron during the game) has become obnoxious overkill, and it is burning out the fans.  If you want fans to have enough juice in the 4th quarter to stand up and get loud for a huge defensive series, stop exhausting us throughout the course of the game with endless nonsense promotions, too-loud and terrible song mash-ups, giving away bags of potato chips, shooting crap into the stands, etc. etc.  I promise you, and I have videos to prove it, the fans are not reacting like you think they are.  This is sensory overload, and it's wearing everyone out.  And can you please stop with Joe Nolan  on third down?  No more!

3. Hasn't MetLife Stadium been bragging about a 5K internet experience, or whatever?  The internet yesterday was worse than it was last year.

I like hearing Joe Nolan on third down. I actually like how the Jets hype the crowd and keep it going during commercial breaks. I have said it before, but when the Jets play the Giants "away," the games are quiet and boring. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

Respectfully, this is an insane take.

+1000

New York sports fans are the smartest in the country.  We don't need prompting to know that it's 3rd down and making noise distracts the opposing offense.  And when we're asked to do it repeatedly, with dumb graphics and a condescending announcer, we get insulted and don't want to do it.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

And the Jets don't "hype the crowd and keep it going during commercial breaks."  This is like saying Trump "educates and enlightens at his rallies."  They exhaust them and bludgeon their eardrums with awful, awful noises.

This.

And we're not some high school program.  I don't know why we need Seasonal World t-shirt launching, Waste Management garbage can tossing, Doritos fan of the game......it's the NFL and the Jets are rolling in money.  They don't have to take every 50/50 raffle that comes their way like the local Rotary Club spaghetti night.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Respectfully, this is an insane take.

Giants fans are more quiet than Jets fans, that is widely recognized. Someones opinion on Joe Nolan is pretty much their opinion. Not sure how that can be considered insane. 

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1000

New York sports fans are the smartest in the country.  We don't need prompting to know that it's 3rd down and making noise distracts the opposing offense.  And when we're asked to do it repeatedly, with dumb graphics and a condescending announcer, we get insulted and don't want to do it.

SAR I

It's 3rd down......I fail to see the harm in the announcer saying that.

The data the Jets have on the pump up stuff is overwhelmingly in the other direction. The player videos with their hands waving, that kind of stuff. I know you keep saying you hate that but people tell the Jets they love it. People that go to the games. That is why they do it. If they could save $12 an hour on game day and have the stadium be silent they would opt for that. The data tells them otherwise.

You keep saying people don't need prompting but season ticket holders are telling the Jets that they like that stuff. So it isn't going anywhere.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

This.

And we're not some high school program.  I don't know why we need Seasonal World t-shirt launching, Waste Management garbage can tossing, Doritos fan of the game......it's the NFL and the Jets are rolling in money.  They don't have to take every 50/50 raffle that comes their way like the local Rotary Club spaghetti night.

SAR I

The 50 \ 50 if I had to guess will be short lived. The totals they are raising aren't that impressive and it is costing them money. They have a bunch of people selling these all over (and outside) of the stadium.

The other stuff like the t shirt cannons people love. I sit in a section right in front of where they do that. People go NUTS for it. You can say that we don't need it, and I agree, but people love it. That is why they do it.

My son got a shirt one time. They are hysterical. HUGE letters, Pool World. Little Jets logo. It looks like the Jets are sponsoring Pool World. But it excites people so that stuff isn't going anywhere. It also polls very well.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

This.

SAR I

Again, they sold you already. They know there is a hardcore STH base that will never be alienated.

They view the casual marginal fan-that very last dollar in the stadium- as the people they are trying to get into the stadium. And while they will NEVER say it, they don't think those people are terribly bright. Thus, bells and whistles, t-shirt guns, Joe Nolan screaming, music so loud you cannot think. Hey, I've been to a mess of Black Sabbath concerts; that's too f___in' loud on the "Crazy Train" remix they play every 10 minutes. Part of me wants to blame the Jets, but this is what their marketing people tells them sells those dopes.But they would be doing "Seinfeld Night" like the Brooklyn Cyclones if they thought it could sell more tickets. And they may yet. 

• Upvote 1

Is it really season ticket holders responding or are they gathering emails regardless of how you get your tickets including 3rd party. Most of the people around me including myself are in agreement with nj and sar. Most of what they shove at us during the games is not representative of a professional football team. I do admit I am a get off my lawn person but I simply want to enjoy a game without the nonsense and distraction. One thing not mentioned is  journey karaoke. I never thought they could get me to the point of wanting g to hear sweet caroline but they have succeeded.

12 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Is it really season ticket holders responding or are they gathering emails regardless of how you get your tickets including 3rd party. Most of the people around me including myself are in agreement with nj and sar. Most of what they shove at us during the games is not representative of a professional football team. I do admit I am a get off my lawn person but I simply want to enjoy a game without the nonsense and distraction. One thing not mentioned is  journey karaoke. I never thought they could get me to the point of wanting g to hear sweet caroline but they have succeeded.

NO MORE SWEET CAROLINE . Leave it in Boston . How about the Curley Shuffle ?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

It's 3rd down......I fail to see the harm in the announcer saying that.

The data the Jets have on the pump up stuff is overwhelmingly in the other direction. The player videos with their hands waving, that kind of stuff. I know you keep saying you hate that but people tell the Jets they love it. People that go to the games. That is why they do it. If they could save $12 an hour on game day and have the stadium be silent they would opt for that. The data tells them otherwise.

You keep saying people don't need prompting but season ticket holders are telling the Jets that they like that stuff. So it isn't going anywhere.

It's been that way, that bombardment of noise and visuals, since 2011 and some of us are just tired of it.

I've decided just to take 3rd downs off for awhile.  I leave games with bruises on my hands and a sore throat for no reason.  We haven't won a home game in 11 months and the crowd has been very loud.  I've decided that the players are going to have to make plays on 3rd down without me.

And that's a shame because my 4 seats make more noise than 40 typical fans as we bang the crap out of that hollow metal ribbon board.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It's been that way, that bombardment of noise and visuals, since 2011 and some of us are just tired of it.

I've decided just to take 3rd downs off for awhile.  I leave games with bruises on my hands and a sore throat for no reason.  We haven't won a home game in 11 months and the crowd has been very loud.  I've decided that the players are going to have to make plays on 3rd down without me.

And that's a shame because my 4 seats make more noise than 40 typical fans as we bang the crap out of that hollow metal ribbon board.

SAR I

I had a conversation with someone this week and I told them making a lot of noise is apparently a young mans game. I am getting ready to hang them up myself. It is Thursday and my voice still isn't back. Had conference calls every day this week and I had to apologize for having no voice. 

I am 50 now, the voice just doesn't bounce back anymore lol.

• Upvote 2

Stupid question about Mobile Tickets - I'll be heading the the Monday Night Meltdown vs. the Browns with 5 friends.  I've got all 6 tickets in my Jets app.  When I look at the tickets the first one shows that it can be added to the Apple Wallet and I can press to show the barcode.  The other 5 tickets simply say, "Ticket Details" with apparently no ability to add to the Apple Wallet or View Barcode.  What gives?  Can I add all 6 to the Apple Wallet?

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Stupid question about Mobile Tickets - I'll be heading the the Monday Night Meltdown vs. the Browns with 5 friends.  I've got all 6 tickets in my Jets app.  When I look at the tickets the first one shows that it can be added to the Apple Wallet and I can press to show the barcode.  The other 5 tickets simply say, "Ticket Details" with apparently no ability to add to the Apple Wallet or View Barcode.  What gives?  Can I add all 6 to the Apple Wallet?

First, check Apple Wallet and make sure you haven't already got a few of them in there.

Once you've confirmed that, go into the Jets app and on the ticket that says "Apple Wallet" click that and it should give you the option to add just that 1 ticket or all 6 to Apple Wallet.  Choose "Add All".

Lastly, are you 100% sure you didn't use the transfer option to email a few to yourself or a friend?  That pulls them out of your ownership and moves them over to others.  Once a recipient claims a ticket you've forwarded to him its gone from your app and put into his.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

First, check Apple Wallet and make sure you haven't already got a few of them in there.

Once you've confirmed that, go into the Jets app and on the ticket that says "Apple Wallet" click that and it should give you the option to add just that 1 ticket or all 6 to Apple Wallet.  Choose "Add All".

Lastly, are you 100% sure you didn't use the transfer option to email a few to yourself or a friend?  That pulls them out of your ownership and moves them over to others.  Once a recipient claims a ticket you've forwarded to him its gone from your app and put into his.

SAR I

I'm positive they haven't been transferred or previously added to Apple Wallet.  Just added the first to Apple Wallet.  It didn't give me the option of adding all of them.  It did say something about "Setting Automatically" which I accidentally blew through without reading twice.  I now have that ticket in my Apple Wallet.  I can see it and it when I select it I'm told to "Hold Near Reader" likely to use the NFC comms.  In the Jets app I have the other 5 tickets there but they only say "Ticket Details."

Strange.

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm positive they haven't been transferred or previously added to Apple Wallet.  Just added the first to Apple Wallet.  It didn't give me the option of adding all of them.  It did say something about "Setting Automatically" which I accidentally blew through without reading twice.  I now have that ticket in my Apple Wallet.  I can see it and it when I select it I'm told to "Hold Near Reader" likely to use the NFC comms.  In the Jets app I have the other 5 tickets there but they only say "Ticket Details."

Strange.

When you are in the Wallet and looking at the ticket do you see little dots beneath the ticket indicating multiple tickets to swipe through? 

If not, something is wrong and you may have to call the Jets ticket office for them to reset the other 5 tickets.  

SAR I

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When you are in the Wallet and looking at the ticket do you see little dots beneath the ticket indicating multiple tickets to swipe through? 

If not, something is wrong and you may have to call the Jets ticket office for them to reset the other 5 tickets.  

SAR I

I think I resolved this, but it's odd.  I had the problem in the Jets app, but when I went to Ticketmaster I was able to see the tickets there as well....I added all 6 of them.  Weird.

I now have the 6 Tickets showing up from Ticketmaster and 1 from the Jets (a duplicate of one of the tickets).

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I think I resolved this, but it's odd.  I had the problem in the Jets app, but when I went to Ticketmaster I was able to see the tickets there as well....I added all 6 of them.  Weird.

I now have the 6 Tickets showing up from Ticketmaster and 1 from the Jets (a duplicate of one of the tickets).

Keep all 7 in your Apple Wallet and at the gate if one of the 6 doesn't work use the 7th.  It's odd that they made it into the Ticketmaster app.

Just in case you haven't done it before, the barcodes or QR codes aren't part of the scanning process at the gate when the tickets are in Apple Wallet.  It's done via NFC just like Apple Pay, there is no physical scan of anything.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

On 9/12/2019 at 10:22 AM, Maxman said:

I had a conversation with someone this week and I told them making a lot of noise is apparently a young mans game. I am getting ready to hang them up myself. It is Thursday and my voice still isn't back. Had conference calls every day this week and I had to apologize for having no voice. 

I am 50 now, the voice just doesn't bounce back anymore lol.

Apparently age, and having a 4inch tumor removed from your neck are both issues with your voice bouncing back. I am still feeling the effects from the yelling I did on the float during the hall of fame parade in the beginning of august.

4 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

Apparently age, and having a 4inch tumor removed from your neck are both issues with your voice bouncing back. I am still feeling the effects from the yelling I did on the float during the hall of fame parade in the beginning of august.

Yeah I think you should definitely take it easy with that. You are still on the mend. Save your screaming for big spots! Not that there will be any of them anytime soon lol.

• Upvote 1

i can't make it to the game on Monday night and plan to give my tickets to customers.  

I know I can transfer the mobile tickets on the Jets website but how do I get a receipt for the tickets so I can expense them?

I looked all over the website in the FAQs and could not find the answer.

Anyone know how I can do this?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

i can't make it to the game on Monday night and plan to give my tickets to customers.  

I know I can transfer the mobile tickets on the Jets website but how do I get a receipt for the tickets so I can expense them?

I looked all over the website in the FAQs and could not find the answer.

Anyone know how I can do this?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Before you execute the transfer, go in the Jets app, go to the tickets in question and tap “ticket details” and it will show the relevant information such as the date and ticket price.  Take a screencap.

When the ticket recipient receives the emailed tickets and hits “confirm” you will receive an email from Ticketmaster telling you that the tickets have been successfully transferred to (name goes here). 

Those two documents should do the trick.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Before you execute the transfer, go in the Jets app, go to the tickets in question and tap “ticket details” and it will show the relevant information such as the date and ticket price.  Take a screencap.

When the ticket recipient receives the emailed tickets and hits “confirm” you will receive an email from Ticketmaster telling you that the tickets have been successfully transferred to (name goes here). 

Those two documents should do the trick.

SAR I

Worked like a charm only I have an Android and had to take two screen shots of the "ticket details".  Couldn't take one "screen cap" to capture the entire page.

I am told the only thing consistent today is change.  I'll get used to this too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Worked like a charm only I have an Android and had to take two screen shots of the "ticket details".  Couldn't take one "screen cap" to capture the entire page.

I am told the only thing consistent today is change.  I'll get used to this too.

Takes a little while to get comfortable with it, but once you're up and running its pretty easy.

SAR I

On 9/12/2019 at 5:33 PM, jetstream23 said:

I'll bet you can't get into the game .