Mobile ticketing & the game day experience

Dcat

48 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

OH YEA!!!  "Everybody dance now" mash up!!!  Look how HYPED up everyone in the crowd is!!   It's so great that the Jets are keeping us hyped up during commercials (and are awful at playing football)

The Jets PA people are completely and utterly tone deaf.  It's like they're not even watching the games they are attending.

1.  MAKE NOISE! doesn't work by the 3rd quarter in a game in which the offense has 1 first down achieved by non-penalty.  And it upsets fans to be told how to behave at a football game, like we haven't known to make noise on 3rd down to disrupt the opposition offense since 1979.  Like we're idiots.

2.  WAVE YOUR TOWELS! doesn't work by the 3rd quarter, considering no one has been waving towels all game anyway. 

3.  THE CHANT doesn't work if the PA is playing some annoying media and you aren't looking at the screen to see the chant is about to start.  Used to be they would shut off the PA to let the chant leader be noticed.

4.  FIRST RESPONDERS are being promoted all game long, just a money grab by NYC recruiting offices just like the Armed Forces did for years, it's a turn-off.  We owe them respect, but having us stand up 5x a game to applaud is excessive, it's just another ask that they put us through.

5.  AIR RAID SIREN should only be used when the Jets are playing well and the stadium is excited.  Otherwise every time it comes on it's completely annoying, another phony prop, it's a signal that says here come the Jets who aren't doing any work on the field asking their fans to do work instead.  F-them.

It's bad enough that we're at a game we are going to lose after not having seen a home win in a year.  To have the PA barking orders at us to make noise and stand up and wave towels makes the experience even worse.  Joe Nolan needs to shut up and the Jets need to realize that they work for us, not the other way around.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets PA people are completely and utterly tone deaf.  It's like they're not even watching the games they are attending.

1.  MAKE NOISE! doesn't work by the 3rd quarter in a game in which the offense has 1 first down achieved by non-penalty.  And it upsets fans to be told how to behave at a football game, like we haven't known to make noise on 3rd down to disrupt the opposition offense since 1979.  Like we're idiots.

2.  WAVE YOUR TOWELS! doesn't work by the 3rd quarter, considering no one has been waving towels all game anyway. 

3.  THE CHANT doesn't work if the PA is playing some annoying media and you aren't looking at the screen to see the chant is about to start.  Used to be they would shut off the PA to let the chant leader be noticed.

4.  FIRST RESPONDERS are being promoted all game long, just a money grab by NYC recruiting offices just like the Armed Forces did for years, it's a turn-off.  We owe them respect, but having us stand up 5x a game to applaud is excessive, it's just another ask that they put us through.

5.  AIR RAID SIREN should only be used when the Jets are playing well and the stadium is excited.  Otherwise every time it comes on it's completely annoying, another phony prop, it's a signal that says here come the Jets who aren't doing any work on the field asking their fans to do work instead.  F-them.

It's bad enough that we're at a game we are going to lose after not having seen a home win in a year.  To have the PA barking orders at us to make noise and stand up and wave towels makes the experience even worse.  Joe Nolan needs to shut up and the Jets need to realize that they work for us, not the other way around.

SAR I

Hahahaha this is all amazing.  You went 5 for 5.   5 absolute bingo's.

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

WOW. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

WOW. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ehhh don't be like that, Max.  I completely agree with SAR (and once again, I feel dirty).   The NFL has been straight-up using military and first responders for their image for years.  I have both in my family, and like everyone else, I respect the hell out of them, but there is something tasteless and tiresome about the way the NFL and the Jets do this "paid patriotism" shtick every single game.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Ehhh don't be like that, Max.  I completely agree with SAR (and once again, I feel dirty).   The NFL has been straight-up using military and first responders for their image for years.  I have both in my family, and like everyone else, I respect the hell out of them, but there is something tasteless and tiresome about the way the NFL and the Jets do this "paid patriotism" shtick every single game.

This exactly, and thank you for clarifying what I meant.  It's "paid patriotism", the Jets intent is not to honor someone deserving but rather to promote the Police or Army to young impressionable minds apt for future recruiting.  Its just another demand that the Jets force on the fans in the stadium that's emotionally and physically taxing, especially when the team hasn't won a home game in a year.

Every 30 seconds the Jets are bossing us around and asking us to do something.  Make noise for this, wave a towel for that, stand up for this, go buy that, dance for this, catch that.  It's like going to a movie and having theater operations bark orders at you for 90 minutes.  Sad part of the film, everyone's tearing up, theater manager comes in with a megaphone and exclaims WAVE YOUR TICKET STUBS!

SAR I

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

1) if you even think of raising season ticket prices in 2021 with the product you put out this year I will laugh at you and stub hub it.

2) stop telling me about all the “cool rewards”. I really don’t care. If the front office put more time in winning games I be happy. A towel or a lunch bag with my points is nothing. I would trade all my points in for wins.

3) stop calling me asking If I want to buy the open seat next to me to “enhance my Jet experience”. In the last two home games I have seen this offense score 11 points, blow a 4th qtr lead and get embarrassed on national tv. It’s an “experience” all right, one that makes me want to put my head in cold ice.

4) No beer past halftime? With the way the Jets play we should be able to drink to the end. You expect us to sit through these games with no beer in the second half?

5) Stop selling ticket packages to opposing fan groups. How much money do you need? Listening to the “dawg pond” degenerates last night did not “enhance my experience” it made me want to drink 8 overpriced lime a Rita’s.

6) Your mobile tickets stinks.

7) Stop trying to tell me how awesome metlife is. If the jets were winning I be happy sitting in old wooden rows. Wins are all that matters to most of us not some Disney land experience.

? Now that I think of it why am I paying you? You should be paying me to sit through this.

Stronger letter to follow??

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

1) if you even think of raising season ticket prices in 2021 with the product you put out this year I will laugh at you and stub hub it.

2) stop telling me about all the “cool rewards”. I really don’t care. If the front office put more time in winning games I be happy. A towel or a lunch bag with my points is nothing. I would trade all my points in for wins.

3) stop calling me asking If I want to buy the open seat next to me to “enhance my Jet experience”. In the last two home games I have seen this offense score 11 points, blow a 4th qtr lead and get embarrassed on national tv. It’s an “experience” all right, one that makes me want to put my head in cold ice.

4) No beer past halftime? With the way the Jets play we should be able to drink to the end. You expect us to sit through these games with no beer in the second half?

5) Stop selling ticket packages to opposing fan groups. How much money do you need? Listening to the “dawg pond” degenerates last night did not “enhance my experience” it made me want to drink 8 overpriced lime a Rita’s.

7) Stop trying to tell me how awesome metlife is. If the jets were winning I be happy sitting in old wooden rows. Wins are all that matters to most of us not some Disney land experience.

? Now that I think of it why am I paying you? You should be paying me to sit through this.

Fantastic, if I could like this a thousand times I would , well said. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Don't be like what? I quoted his post. He said he is tired of standing to celebrate first responders. I will never be too tired to say thanks.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Don't be like what? I quoted his post. He said he is tired of standing to celebrate first responders. I will never be too tired to say thanks.

Which I think is great.  I don't have any problem with people who get up each time to clap, but I also don't have any problem with those who see the NFL's paid patriotism shtick for the farce that it is and elect not to support it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

This exactly, and thank you for clarifying what I meant.  It's "paid patriotism", the Jets intent is not to honor someone deserving but rather to promote the Police or Army to young impressionable minds apt for future recruiting.  Its just another demand that the Jets force on the fans in the stadium that's emotionally and physically taxing, especially when the team hasn't won a home game in a year.

Every 30 seconds the Jets are bossing us around and asking us to do something.  Make noise for this, wave a towel for that, stand up for this, go buy that, dance for this, catch that.  It's like going to a movie and having theater operations bark orders at you for 90 minutes.  Sad part of the film, everyone's tearing up, theater manager comes in with a megaphone and exclaims WAVE YOUR TICKET STUBS!

SAR I

Well this falls into the category of politics, so it isn't the place for it. So don't post that stuff here.

As far as being "forced" to make noise people like it. The Jets polling data says people like it. You can keep posting about it over and over again but it isn't going to stop. I have had conversations with people in the organization about stuff the poll well for and this is it.

4 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Which I think is great.  I don't have any problem with people who get up each time to clap, but I also don't have any problem with those who see the NFL's paid patriotism shtick for the farce that it is and elect not to support it.

That is your opinion and others have a different opinion. The only thing that matters here is you guys are making this a political issue and we don't do that on this board. Because this isn't the place for it. So this is a non topic as far as the football site is concerned. 

37 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Kevin - I merged this in with the mobile ticket thread and modified the name a bit. I want the Jets to get this feedback, because it is excellent.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is your opinion and others have a different opinion. The only thing that matters here is you guys are making this a political issue and we don't do that on this board. Because this isn't the place for it. So this is a non topic as far as the football site is concerned. 

I don't see it that way, at all.  In fact, it's very much something that we experience at the football game week in and week out.  But, alright.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I don't see it that way, at all.  In fact, it's very much something that we experience at the football game week in and week out.  But, alright.

It will spiral out of control, people jump in on the politics side and it ends badly. So it is just easier for us to move past the topic.

3 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Why is Jetman allowed to slug down a bottle of tequila before they open the lots, stand on his running boards while driving, and blow past security without having his parking pass scanned and not given a breathalyzer?  

Is this seriously a thing? He can skip the line?

What does running boards while driving mean?

58 minutes ago, Maxman said:

As far as being "forced" to make noise people like it. The Jets polling data says people like it. You can keep posting about it over and over again but it isn't going to stop. I have had conversations with people in the organization about stuff the poll well for and this is it.

Well, today's Jets email featured a poll asking all about the fan experience so I let 'em have it.

And when it asked where I go to get my Jets news, discussion forums weren't an option. 

So much for the integrity of polls.  Seems the Jets are really plugged-in to their fanbase.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Well, today's Jets email featured a poll asking all about the fan experience so I let 'em have it.

And when it asked where I go to get my Jets news, discussion forums weren't an option. 

So much for the integrity of polls.  Seems the Jets are really plugged-in to their fanbase.

SAR I

Agree with SAR.  I perform my own extremely scientific polls called attending every game, walking around and looking around the stadium, and there's no evidence whatsoever to support the claim that Jets fans "like" the constant noise bombardment that the PA staff subjects them to.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Is this seriously a thing? He can skip the line?

What does running boards while driving mean?

People usually arrive there before the gates to park open up.  Yesterday the time was 3:15.  They used to scan the passes of the people who got on line first before the gates would open but at the home opener he flew in before he was allowed.  Once one person does that it gets ruined for everyone so yesterday it wasn't allowed.  

He was pretty obnoxious and 3:14 he’s standing up one foot on the gas and break other one on the running board of his truck yelling at security at the trooper.  He was drinking heavily before so why wasn’t he stopped?  He then hits the gas as soon as the gates were up and never had his pass scanned.  

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The black towels were such a stupid idea.  Impossible to see in person and I am sure it was even worse on TV.  Good points on crap they do that has been annoying for years.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

People usually arrive there before the gates to park open up.  Yesterday the time was 3:15.  They used to scan the passes of the people who got on line first before the gates would open but at the home opener he flew in before he was allowed.  Once one person does that it gets ruined for everyone so yesterday it wasn't allowed.  

He was pretty obnoxious and 3:14 he’s standing up one foot on the gas and break other one on the running board of his truck yelling at security at the trooper.  He was drinking heavily before so why wasn’t he stopped?  He then hits the gas as soon as the gates were up and never had his pass scanned.  

That is insane lol

22 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

That guy looks like a tool.  Must need a lot of booze to dress like a clown.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Agree with SAR.  I perform my own extremely scientific polls called attending every game, walking around and looking around the stadium, and there's no evidence whatsoever to support the claim that Jets fans "like" the constant noise bombardment that the PA staff subjects them to.

Your videos prove what we both know.  Fans are either ambivalent to the pleas from the PA system or are annoyed by it.  Hey, the stuff for the kids like dancing or helmet game or trivia or t-shirt cannons, that's fine, whatever. 

But the in game demands to MAKE NOISE or GET UP or that damned AIR RAID SIREN, by the time we're late in the 3rd quarter and the team isn't playing well and the siren is going off for the 20th time, and the crowd is completely disregarding it, enough, give it a rest.  There comes a point where the PA team needs to feel the temperature of the room and make a decision instead of hitting the damned boilerplate script.  If we're leading, if we've had some TD's to cheer, hell yeah, no problem.  But a game like yesterday's which wasn't close and had fans sitting there ready to weep, that's not the time to have the siren and the scoreboard shouting.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Your videos prove what we both know.  Fans are either ambivalent to the pleas from the PA system or are annoyed by it.  Hey, the stuff for the kids like dancing or helmet game or trivia or t-shirt cannons, that's fine, whatever. 

But the in game demands to MAKE NOISE or GET UP or that damned AIR RAID SIREN, by the time we're late in the 3rd quarter and the team isn't playing well and the siren is going off for the 20th time, and the crowd is completely disregarding it, enough, give it a rest.  There comes a point where the PA team needs to feel the temperature of the room and make a decision instead of hitting the damned boilerplate script.  If we're leading, if we've had some TD's to cheer, hell yeah, no problem.  But a game like yesterday's which wasn't close and had fans sitting there ready to weep, that's not the time to have the siren and the scoreboard shouting.

SAR I

Pretty much this.  They must stick religiously to the script and not ever feel the crowd out.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Pretty much this.  They must stick religiously to the script and not ever feel the crowd out.

At the end of today's survey it asked if I wanted to be called back by a Jets representative to discuss my feedback.  So I said yes.  I know the VP of in-game experience and I'm going to ask to speak with him as well.  Enough is enough.  It's been 10 years of barking Joe Nolan and perhaps with the re-branding its time to reconsider the in-game experience and how it wears out (some) fans when the team needs them participating the most.

SAR I