Jump to content
Dcat

Mobile ticketing & the game day experience

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Game day experience?!?!? GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE ??!?!?!?

Just to qualify my comments: I had Jets ST for over 4 decades and very rarely missed games. I've had FST to the Mets for 15years, plans for others and went to over 1,500 games at Shea. I shared FST for the Rangers for decades and even had ST to the Knicks even though I don't like B-Ball. I go to Red Bull stadium, indoor soccer and lacrosse when it existed, travelled to Albany for Empire arena football, made a number of minor league baseball weekends, and even travelled all over the world going to other sporting events in Europe, South America and even baseball tour of Japan. As you may gather, I love going to games and the Mrs. comes along on each and every one. There's even more than this but I assume you get the point. 

But NOW, it sucks going to these things. Why? Because the team sucks? Heck no, I have had years of suck and it doesn't bother me. Because the price is ridiculous? Well maybe partly on principle, but it still doesn't break the bank. But now I am done because YOU the fan makes the game day experience horrible.  

Well probably not you personally as an upstanding member of this great board unless you were in sect 301 last night with your Dad in a Namath jersey and you and your brother in Adams jerseys.  You have no idea how rude it is to jump up on very positive play so the person behind you does not have a chance to see it, or stand constantly when NO ONE ELSE is. Are you so stupid that you think by you standing and yelling in the 300 level, approx. 1 mile above the action will really make any difference at all? You are idiots and I would wish ill upon you but I am too old to burn any karma.

Game day experience? Yeah right. The only one worthwhile is on HD TV in your living room (or den as the case may be)

So if you are one of these idiots who have no idea of common courtesy that we enjoyed for so many years in the only real home stadium we that had in Queens, %^$% YOU. 

Yeesh. 

 

 

congrats !!

you have a great marriage!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is a very good way of putting it. I agree with this. Things are on auto pilot a bit. They do need common sense.

PLEASE STOP THE AIR RAID SIREN 7 TIMES ON A DEFENSIVE DRIVE.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE.  I HEARD THIS MONDAY NITE.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

PLEASE STOP THE AIR RAID SIREN 7 TIMES ON A DEFENSIVE DRIVE.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE.  I HEARD THIS MONDAY NITE.

 

It's to remind the fans and the opposing offense that the Jets can never get off the field on 3rd down.

SAR I

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BRONX DUDE said:

PLEASE STOP THE AIR RAID SIREN 7 TIMES ON A DEFENSIVE DRIVE.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE.  I HEARD THIS MONDAY NITE.

 

I hate that freaking air raid siren.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over used.  

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 11:10 PM, Maxman said:

I hate the towels and flags as in game items. Like don't tell us to wave them, it is stupid. Drunk people hitting everyone in the head and it blocks the view for many. Personally I like the towels and flags but basically as a give away item only. Hand them out on the way out the door, not in.

Yes, they make great tailgate rags 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Yes, they make great tailgate rags 

Yes, true.  I also use them as hand towels in the RV bathroom lol.

Although after the last two weeks I think I might just be wiping with them.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Yes, they make great tailgate rags 

I use them to clean my boat but the dye in the stupid black one will definitely run like crazy as soon as it hits water lol

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 9:25 AM, nj meadowlands said:

@SAR I and I (and the many people who share our opinion) are not asking for a dead quiet stadium atmosphere.  We've never said that.  We're pleading for the PA team to (1) show some damn common sense and discretion in deciding when to play music, do promotions, insist people "make noise", etc, and (2) to chill the hell out with the constant bombardment of way-too-loud mashups of terrible songs, and promotions.  

It shouldn't be this hard.  During commercials, show some old school Jets highlights, or play a good song that hasn't been mutilated.  Like many people here, I've been to a lot of NFL stadiums, and our gameday presentation is among the worst. 

Havent been in a while, but do they still show highlights on the jumbotron from out of town games during timeouts? That was always enjoyable. However I seem to remember that being phased out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Although after the last two weeks I think I might just be wiping with them.

They will definitely block plumbing RV and home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 10:40 AM, SAR I said:

"Discretion".  Simple as that. 

They wore black uniforms on national TV and started Trevor Simien. Discretion and common sense are not this organizations forte. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 2:57 PM, Matt39 said:

Havent been in a while, but do they still show highlights on the jumbotron from out of town games during timeouts? That was always enjoyable. However I seem to remember that being phased out.

If they showed highlights that would distract everyone from the Waste Management garbage can toss.  Can't have that.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes, true.  I also use them as hand towels in the RV bathroom lol.

Although after the last two weeks I think I might just be wiping with them.

Note to self: bring a giveaway towel when dropping by Max's tailgate in order to take a pre-game dump.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Note to self: bring a giveaway towel when dropping by Max's tailgate in order to take a pre-game dump.

All dumping aside, you should stop by one game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Havent been in a while, but do they still show highlights on the jumbotron from out of town games during timeouts? That was always enjoyable. However I seem to remember that being phased out.

They do live look-ins, which is sometimes good, but sometimes annoying.  I'd rather just highlights. 

 

They also put fantasy stats on the screen about 30% of the time, which is very 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, Maxman said:

All dumping aside, you should stop by one game.

I am selective with the games I go to these days to since the traffic is unbearable going home across 2 bridges.  Unless the season goes completely in the crapper I will definitely try to stop by to say hello when I do show up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Green DNA said:

I am selective with the games I go to these days to since the traffic is unbearable going home across 2 bridges.  Unless the season goes completely in the crapper I will definitely try to stop by too say hello when I do show up.

You have nothing but time now. Traffic is a problem, why exactly?  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zero problems both times I entered.

I enter early though - at least 1 hour before kick off.

First week it was the Bud Light gate. Second week I think it was my home Pepsi gate.

Same result: utter poopoo offensively.

Defense has without a doubt held up it's end of the bargain. Not least having a suspect edge rush, CBs and being on the field seemingly non stop. Good for them. And good for Ficken.

Gase's Offense including Gase: we're 2 games in to the season, where is your heart? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maxman said:

This thread had a real good run.  :)

Something the Jets need to correct, and I've emailed them about this, is that the Mobile app and it's Rewards tab requires you to log on with your userid/password every time you use it.  And entering the stadium to use the good food court at the MetLife gate and wanting to use your Rewards dollars, it doesn't work, can't connect to the server (I'm guessing overload on their end) and you wind up delaying the whole line.

So they need to add the ability for the Rewards tab to remember your credentials so you don't need to log in every time.  Duh.  It's been 3 weeks since this was called out.  What is taking so long?

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Something the Jets need to correct, and I've emailed them about this, is that the Mobile app and it's Rewards tab requires you to log on with your userid/password every time you use it.  And entering the stadium to use the good food court at the MetLife gate and wanting to use your Rewards dollars, it doesn't work, can't connect to the server (I'm guessing overload on their end) and you wind up delaying the whole line.

So they need to add the ability for the Rewards tab to remember your credentials so you don't need to log in every time.  Duh.  It's been 3 weeks since this was called out.  What is taking so long?

SAR I

I'm kinda shocked you would eat Stadium food, or anyone would for that matter, unless it was from the Clam Chowder from Giants Stadium circa 1980 ish.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

I'm kinda shocked you would eat Stadium food, or anyone would for that matter, unless it was from the Clam Chowder from Giants Stadium circa 1980 ish.

 

The food in the International Food Court right on the 50 yard line in the plaza from the MetLife gate is actually quite good, the tacos, gyros, and salads are good, not much different than you'd find at the average lunch joint in Manhattan.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The food in the International Food Court right on the 50 yard line in the plaza from the MetLife gate is actually quite good, the tacos, gyros, and salads are good, not much different than you'd find at the average lunch joint in Manhattan.

SAR I

Modern BMW's above average, Food in belly, not so much. :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meadowlands seating question re: Upper Level

Rows 1-4 are "Upper Prime" with a concrete wall behind row 4. The first few rows are obscured a bit by the railing and the last is a big idiot-standee risk. So how about row 5, which is above the "Prime" seats? Does the railing obscure the field at all? It seems that an average height person could sit there with no obstructions without standee risk. Anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Meadowlands seating question re: Upper Level

Rows 1-4 are "Upper Prime" with a concrete wall behind row 4. The first few rows are obscured a bit by the railing and the last is a big idiot-standee risk. So how about row 5, which is above the "Prime" seats? Does the railing obscure the field at all? It seems that an average height person could sit there with no obstructions without standee risk. Anyone know?

anonymous-20180802224018.jpg

1340x1020.jpg

I'm thinking Row 7 at the lowest as a safe bet if you're near one of those exits.  Lots of railings and obstructions.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Jets:
Can you have the mobile app look for Dallas Cowboys wallpaper and then stop working? That might be the only way to stop the Cowboys take over that is about to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Dear Jets:
Can you have the mobile app look for Dallas Cowboys wallpaper and then stop working? That might be the only way to stop the Cowboys take over that is about to happen.

If Darnold and Mosley return as is expected Jets fans won't be selling their tickets and instead will be showing up and supporting the team.  That's what season ticket holders do. 

You should have a little more faith in the season ticket holders.  After all, you are one.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Darnold and Mosley return as is expected Jets fans won't be selling their tickets and instead will be showing up and supporting the team.  That's what season ticket holders do. 

You should have a little more faith in the season ticket holders.  After all, you are one.

SAR I

Yeah I got 3X face a month ago, and I got a free ticket now since nobody is interested anymore win win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If Darnold and Mosley return as is expected Jets fans won't be selling their tickets and instead will be showing up and supporting the team.  That's what season ticket holders do. 

You should have a little more faith in the season ticket holders.  After all, you are one.

SAR I

LOL I haven't sold a ticket to an opposing fan in 31 years, because I don't miss home games. Save me the lecture on faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kthisguy said:

So have any PSL holders signed up for the Trusted Fan thing? Or will this be another money grab by the Jets? Give a year free then charge for the privilege of easier access?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

what is that?  I don't think I've heard of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kthisguy said:

I received an email from the Jets basically saying to sign up and get faster access to the stadium. IMG_2580.JPG



Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

wow. I never got that.  I have no idea what it is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...