Woke up sick today

kevinc855

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

This is technically true, but we might still have gone for 2 after the Bell TD even if Vedvik had made the first EP. If he had made the kick, the score would have been 15-0 after the Bell TD, so the Jets might well have gone for 2 to make it 17-0 (two TD plus FG lead) rather than kicking the EP to make it 16-0.

Gase calls a game plan so conservative that bowles had an orgasm and you think they would have gone for two if they had made the previous extra point?

28 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Gase calls a game plan so conservative that bowles had an orgasm and you think they would have gone for two if they had made the previous extra point?

He wouldn't necessarily have gone for it, but the chart might well have said he should if he was up 15-0.

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Theres a lot to be mad about. That in my opinion  was a pretty bad start. No we didn’t get blown out but bottom line we lost a game we should of won at home. We lost that game, the bills didn’t win it.

Well now on to Cleveland. Let’s see how this team responds. Will we have a real kicker? Cmon JD, get it together. Will gase have a new game plan? Will Kalil not let Sam get trucked all game? Again JD making me nervous. The Jets have a big test against the Browns. With the Pats in week 3, another loss at home in week 2 could start sending the season into a spiral by late September. 

Yes, we were lousy in many facets and blew a big lead but they hung in and were fearless.  They won it.  Let's give credit where credit is due.

The last time I woke up truly sick after a loss was November 14th, 2011 after we got got smoked by the Pats on SNF. That's the last time I had genuine faith that we had a team that could do some real damage.

Even the Bills Week 17 debacle was kind of like "oh well."

For me to be truly gutted by a loss I need expectations and genuine hope, which is something I haven't had since 2011.

12 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Yes, we were lousy in many facets and blew a big lead but they hung in and were fearless.  They won it.  Let's give credit where credit is due.

I'd take it a step further -- they basically outplayed us the whole game and we were only up because of their continued mistakes/incompetence on offense in the first half.

They turned the ball over four times (with both picks being tipped balls and one of the fumbles being a fumbled snap) and committed a safety and we were only winning 6-0. That's insane.

They had more first downs, outgained us 370 to 223, had 5.9 yards per play to our 3.4. Really, they were giving us the game and once they stopped screwing up we had no answers. Our offense sucked the entire day.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'd take it a step further -- they basically outplayed us the whole game and we were only up because of their continued mistakes/incompetence on offense in the first half.

They turned the ball over four times (with both picks being tipped balls and one of the fumbles being a fumbled snap) and committed a safety and we were only winning 6-0. That's insane.

They had more first downs, outgained us 370 to 223, had 5.9 yards per play to our 3.4. Really, they were giving us the game and once they stopped screwing up we had no answers. Our offense sucked the entire day.

They definitely were the better team, if our O just scores 10 points in this game we win. Is that too much to ask?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Why do people keep talking about the missed extra point?  It was 100% meaningless.  If he makes it we don't go for 2 later on so instead of 1 point after each TD we got none on the first and 2 on the second.

We can bash the kicker for sucking but the missed PAT had no influence on the outcome of the game.

Yep, and he would have had to make the 2nd one.