The underthrown Darnold pass to Robby that would have won the game

Jetsbb

Aboslutely. It was right after the first down in the final two minutes, Robbie had his man beat but it was not a good throw.  The play was heading toward the endzone where my seats are, I was looking at Robbie, I don't know how much pressure the Bills were getting on Darnold to determine if it affected his ability to throw. 

6 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Or you know the 4pts the kicker left on the field ..  but whatever I have real concerns about gase play calling and Sam had happy feet by that point of the game. 

3 points, we went for 2 and got it to make up for the missed extra point.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Darnold backpedaled for no reason. He could have stayed in the pocket and laid it out there for an easy touch down. Gase is doing a terrible job developing Darnold. 

There is no way he could have stepped into that throw, the left tackle got beat as he was throwing it. Stepping up would have required an extra second which would have a) probably resulted in a sack or batted ball or b) would have had Robby 80 yards down the field 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Sam slides to his left a bit and never resets his base, this is the platform he decided to throw from which explains the horrible underthrow. I probably love Sam more than anyone but he has been doing this since day 1 at USC, he often times has his feet parallel to the LOS/his target and relies on his arm to sling it in there. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 7.58.57 AM.png

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, msena88 said:

Sam slides to his left a bit and never resets his base, this is the platform he decided to throw from which explains the horrible underthrow. I probably love Sam more than anyone but he has been doing this since day 1 at USC, he often times has his feet parallel to the LOS/his target and relies on his arm to sling it in there. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 7.58.57 AM.png

68 is dead to rights at that moment. The only reason there is the illusion of space is because Sam is going backwards. If he takes an extra 0.5 second to step up that play is getting blown up. He gave his receiver a chance to make a play on a 1 on 1. We see these plays every week be completions. Robby was the fourth read on that play.. you can see it clearly, Sam even looks to the left sideline first and fires the split second he sees Robby- zero hesitation.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

68 is dead to rights at that moment. The only reason there is the illusion of space is because Sam is going backwards. If he takes an extra 0.5 second to step up that play is getting blown up. He gave his receiver a chance to make a play on a 1 on 1. We see these plays every week be completions.

Disagree, this is the frame after the ball is gone. The space and time was there to reset and drive the ball downfield, Beachum is still engaged with his man. It's not the world's cleanest pocket, but in the NFL these are plays that have to be hit.

Also, look the angle of Sam's body after releasing the ball. Leaning away from the target front foot in the air just ain't gona get it done.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.07.48 AM.png

4 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Locks on his receivers, slow through the progressions, throws off his back foot constantly.  Not good.

Anderson was open multiple times and he didn’t see him or couldn’t make the throw.

Locks on? It’s literally the fourth read on that play... look at Sams head looks at two options on right; then left sideline: then Robby.. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Locks on his receivers, slow through the progressions, throws off his back foot constantly.  Not good.

Anderson was open multiple times and he didn’t see him or couldn’t make the throw.

I was at the game Robby was not open a bunch times. They kept that safety over the top of him majority of the game outside of a few instances .  I remember even thinking to my self I didn’t even know Robby drew this kinda respect on the field . He had few plays like this where they safety took a different assignment. But it wasn’t a lot. Still feel like we should took the shots the few times they did let him go one on one ..

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Because he has irratic scarey feet in the pocket. No one was near him yet he threw the pass while drifting back and with terrible form. 

Robby was wide open. 

What this play also shows is that maybe we should have utilized deeper routes throughout the game. It seems like those deeper routes wasnt ran until we lost the lead because 3 and 5 yard passes was the "call of the day".

We could have kept Bowles around here if that's the sh*t we're going to get. 

With that said, I understand that the Oline, especially at center was suspect in the game, but in this moment Sam has to grow some balls, stand in pocket and deliver the pass. 

This drifting back happy ass feet is why this ball was inaccurate. 

Stand in the pocket and deliver the pass, period. 

• Upvote 2

Last year it seemed Sam was quick to study and learn from his mistakes. He made a bunch in this game, mostly under duress. 

If Gase is a great coach, we won't see the same mistakes week in week out.

Sucks that we lost, but not concerned that our 22 year old QB made mistakes. He's going to. 

I'll only start calling for the coaching staff to be fired if Sam stops correcting his mistakes and does the same dumb stuff every game.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, msena88 said:

Disagree, this is the frame after the ball is gone. The space and time was there to reset and drive the ball downfield, Beachum is still engaged with his man. It's not the world's cleanest pocket, but in the NFL these are plays that have to be hit.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.07.48 AM.png

Nah... 

Frame 1 below,  the moment Sam spots Robby and throws immediately, look where the line is at the 30

Frame 2, still in his follow through and the defender is at the 26 with his man totally beat (and a free runner on the right side..). This is literally a millisecond after the deceptive frame you posted.

That pocket moved back 4 yards in 0.5 second, no chance to step up in that situation.

The only reason the play even had a chance is because Sam just threw it the second he saw it. 

Sam should get some credit here for going through 4 progressions and firing without hesitation and giving his guy a chance. Most QBs don’t get to that read or hold on to it resulting in a sack or throw away. 

1FA49D0B-09A4-4DDA-A116-122EA7661FCE.jpeg

1264D422-506F-45B3-84AC-089877CBEF52.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1