The underthrown Darnold pass to Robby that would have won the game

Jetsbb

Just now, SR24 said:

He just looked so uncomfortable and jittery

That happens when you take 5 sacks and a ton of QB hits.

He isn’t a rookie anymore but you guys have ya selves fooled if you think a second year QB still doesn’t need some polish. Idc about that second year jump. It doesn’t always come first game of the second year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

He sucked yesterday and Gase did him no favors. 

Yeah. I’m not sure if he looked so bad because I expected him to be better with Gase, but damn he didn’t even looked good when he did good. Even the touchdown to LeVeon was a bad throw, but LeVeon is just silly good. Kid missed a couple plays you just can’t miss as a FQB. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Yeah. I’m not sure if he looked so bad because I expected him to be better with Gase, but damn he didn’t even looked good when he did good. Even the touchdown to LeVeon was a bad throw, but LeVeon is just silly good. Kid missed a couple plays you just can’t miss as a FQB. 

No doubt.  And when you attempt 32 passes at 1-5 yards, it’s easy to just throw a hand up and get a batted pass.  Especially when the OL sucks balls.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

He isn’t a rookie anymore but you guys have ya selves fooled if you think a second year QB still doesn’t need some polish. Idc about that second year jump. It doesn’t always come first game of the second year.

Agreed but the kid seem to succumb more to the pressure as much as any gane last year. Yes, he may be fine but honestly this is the first time I’m a little worried  about him. Was just expecting more from him and the supposed offensive guru guy we finally have as head coach. Might be my own fault not managing my expectations. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

To me the biggest play was Anderson's roughing penalty.  It was late third quarter, the Jets up 16-0 and the Bills were stopped.  Instead Anderson hit Allen when he didnt have to and it lead to the Bills first three points. I like Anderson, but a terrible play on his part.

i believe this play changed the game.  horrible penalty and not needed.  kept defense on (got more tired) and gave up 3 points.

the darnold pass was the icing on the cake.  step into that throw and get it 5 yards downfield and it's a TD.

Just now, The Crusher said:

I love Sam. I want him to be awesome. And I think he will be.

But he played bad yesterday. Missed a TD early to Robbie. And the late one during a 2 min drive. Those sting.

He should not get killed over it nor should he get a free pass, regardless of the kicking game. A lot of yesterday falls on his shoulders.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I agree. I also think expectations are way too high this year unfortunately 

49 minutes ago, nico002 said:

That was a pretty late read and Robby flies, not sure it’s possible to hit him in stride on that play- would require a 70 yard throw with velocity. I see plays like that result incompletions literally every game. The overthrow was the bad miss

he was wide open on the overthrow right? 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed but the kid seem to succumb more to the pressure as much as any gane last year. Yes, he may be fine but honestly this is the first time I’m a little worried  about him. Was just expecting more from him and the supposed offensive guru guy we finally have as head coach. Might be my own fault not managing my expectations. 

I was expecting so much more too, and not just out of Sam but out of this entire offense. They didn’t call good plays and the need for offensive players showed big time. Sam never found a rhythm and the Bills Defense harassed him all game. He does need to understand when it’s time to take a few big shot plays but if they aren’t there when he’s going thru progressions then Gase has to draw a few up. This is on everyone but we let it lean on Gase/Sam because they are the conductors of the offense. I think this game serves as a mental rep for Sam. Expect more big shots down field in the following weeks. They’ll be at least trying to make this offense as “electric” as they proclaimed.

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

darnold said post game that they were 'a little scrambled out there' sometimes.  he basically admitted the offense was out of synch, and why shouldn't it be, when the o-line never played together, kalil didn't play in preseason and the guards were held out of practice a lot too, and that's before you consider shell's injury history.  

darnold didn't win or lose the game yesterday, he basically tried to not make mistakes when they were winning and then when the defense inevitably crapped out the offense was not in enough of a groove to bail them out.  all this said, i would have expected better throws to anderson from him by now.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I was expecting so much more too, and not just out of Sam but out of this entire offense. They didn’t call good plays and the need for offensive players showed big time. Sam never found a rhythm and the Bills Defense harassed him all game. He does need to understand when it’s time to take a few big shot plays but if they aren’t there when he’s going thru progressions then Gase has to draw a few up. This is on everyone but we let it lean on Gase/Sam because they are the conductors of the offense. I think this game serves as a mental rep for Sam. Expect more big shots down field in the following weeks. They’ll be at least trying to make this offense as “electric” as they proclaimed.

Nothing to disagree with here. Play calling was ordinary and very well may be do to the fact Buffalo has a very good D. But minus Bell and Crowder The offensive playmakers looked no better than Last years. Crowded had like 17 targets? Without those two guys we only get the 8 points our defense gave us. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Nothing to disagree with here. Play calling was ordinary and very well may be do to the fact Buffalo has a very good D. But minus Bell and Crowder The offensive playmakers looked no better than Last years. Crowded had like 17 targets? Without those two guys we only get the 8 points our defense gave us. 

We really miss Herndon in the middle of the field.

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The more i think about it, the more im really concerned.  Darnold was so bad yesterday.  Just awful.

Are you trolling? 

Baker Mayfield was bad yesterday throwing 3 picks.  

Sam was just mediocre yesterday.  He had high completion percentage albeit a bunch of check downs but didn't turn the ball over.  He just needs to start throwing the ball downfield with better accuracy.  

• Upvote 1

The kicking situation is obviously to blame big time, but it would be foolish to not put part of this blame on Sam.

Sam (and by extension the line as well) failed several times to pick up free blitzers and slide protection that way giving Sam time to hit receivers farther down the field.  Say what you want, these are steps he needs to take in order to get to the next level.  Whether its keeping a back in or a TE in for protection, or sliding it towards a free over hang rusher, theres no excuse for not being able to pick up 4 man rushes.  

On top of that missing that throw to robbie which would have been huge, those are just throws that a franchise qb needs to make plain and simple.  

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Awful throw, that's a game winning layup that can't be missed.  No excuses

true, but the broader problem was that only crowder and bell were involved in the offense all game.  anderson shoudl have been used way more, they should have used montgomery out of the backfield more like they did in preseason, they should have had darnold rolling out b/c he is a better playmaker when he's running.  jet games should not be decided by one throw to anderson with 2 minutes left, they should have had way more plays to point to that could have won the game.  

• Upvote 1

Our kicking situation, aside from all the mishaps, is what lost us the game. That kicker hits the field goal, we’re talking about being 1-0 and not the sky is falling and we’re going 0 for the next whatever. So reactionary and short sited. Sams 1st game of his 2nd season. Everyone needs to relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

To me the biggest play was Anderson's roughing penalty.  It was late third quarter, the Jets up 16-0 and the Bills were stopped.  Instead Anderson hit Allen when he didnt have to and it lead to the Bills first three points. I like Anderson, but a terrible play on his part.

That and the Mayes int drop were the game. if either play is different we win.

• Upvote 1

I honestly think you guys are miss interpreting this play

Darnold slides back to create time 

He goes through three full progressions before getting to Robby 

He sees robby after he’s slid back

At that’s point the LT is beat and Robby is 30 yards down field 

His only option is to try and fire something quick and give his guy a chance to make a play 

You guys are acting like Darnold was staring down Robby while sliding back.. not the case at all

This was a play where 3/4 receivers were absolutely blanketed and Darnold has the awareness to create time and at least try to make a play 

Creating time and throwing off balance is Darnolds greatest talent..

The bad Miss was the next one, where he overthrew him 

• Upvote 1