The underthrown Darnold pass to Robby that would have won the game

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Locks on his receivers, slow through the progressions, throws off his back foot constantly.  Not good.

Anderson was open multiple times and he didn’t see him or couldn’t make the throw.

You contradict yourself.  He "locks on" but then you say he goes through his progressions (too slowly).  SO that would nmean he does NOT "lock on". 

Honestly, he doesn't "lock on" at all or rarely.  It's the one strong point that he reads the field.  The back foot is a real problem and Gase better work on correcting that.  You must be thinking about Sanchez, who never developed the ability to go through progressions at all..

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Under threw him in the first half too.

Robby had to stop and it allowed the corner to recover.

Then he was sacked and that dropped them out of missed field goal range. 

This one was ever so slight and if you watch around the league, the receiver more often than not has to slow down a step to grab the deeper balls. The corner made a great play to recover but also, this is one where Robby needs to go attack the ball. I don't think anyone was ever under the illusion was a premier receiver but the premier guys in the league go up and get that ball.

It's extremely early, but I think all the hype of Robby running the full route tree was clearly overblown. Robby can work the sidelines on outs and comebacks, obviously can stretch the field, but I think we know what he is at that point. And that's not a knock on him at all, his main trick of going deep is a very good one as he gets open deep at least 2-3x every week.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You contradict yourself.  He "locks on" but then you say he goes through his progressions (too slowly).  SO that would nmean he does NOT "lock on". 

Honestly, he doesn't "lock on" at all or rarely.  It's the one strong point that he reads the field.  The back foot is a real problem and Gase better work on correcting that.  You must be thinking about Sanchez, who never developed the ability to go through progressions at all..

It doesn't contradict at all.  He locks onto a receiver and doesn't move on to the next progression.

Its a bad throw and he should have stepped through - however, I'd say a year ago, he probably forces stuff and gets picked off a couple of times after taking the battering he did in the first half. 

Will say this - would have expected MORE and FASTER adjustments from Gase - he wrinkled to empty set in 2H, but where was movement of the pocket, roll outs, where Sam thrives? 

The Bills adjusted quickly to send extra help and bat down our quick throws, it didn't seem anyone was guiding Sam in between series on what to look for and what adjustment to make at the line as it was happening and the same plays kept getting called....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Gase should have challenged PI. What do you have to lose at that point ?

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

That was the 2 minute warning, I don't think he could.  

The official rule says you can't challenge AFTER the two minute warning, but what about a play like this that occurs right before the two minute warning and would be a challenge DURING the two minute warning.  I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

Gase and his staff also missed an opportunity to get big OPI called on the Bills scoring drive on the play before the touchdown.

Bills were facing 2nd and 17 at the Jets 50 after a false start.  Allen rolls slightly to his right and hits Singletary out of the backfield for a big 15 yard gain making it 3rd and 2. 

But, Bills TE, Tommy Sweeney ran downfield and didn't even attempt to run a pattern.  He just engages Luvu about 10 yards downfield, who was trying to cover Singletary.

At that spot in the game, you gotta throw that flag even if you think it's borderline.  Huge difference between 3rd and 2 and 2nd and 27.  

Capture.PNG.6649e5d28c0b2e727332800203229daf.PNG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

I was at the game Robby was not open a bunch times. They kept that safety over the top of him majority of the game outside of a few instances .  I remember even thinking to my self I didn’t even know Robby drew this kinda respect on the field . He had few plays like this where they safety took a different assignment. But it wasn’t a lot. Still feel like we should took the shots the few times they did let him go one on one ..

I said multiple times.  Multiple times he was open and didn't see him or at least didn't throw to him, and when he did, it looked bad.

32 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Missed field goal , missed extra point 

We made up the missed extra point by converting a 2 point conversion.  We lost 3 points on a missed FGA.  We forced 4 TOs and a safety, it shouldn't have gone down to a missed FG in the first half.

33 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

It doesn't contradict at all.  He locks onto a receiver and doesn't move on to the next progression.

He doesn't from what I have seen.  That was Sanchez to a tee.  But the Darnold back foot problem is bad, that's for sure.

33 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Darnold had an up and down day and missed a few passes but was not the reason the team lost.  Are we really turning on Darnold already?  C'mon people!!!  Jets fans are the mosted jaded fans in the world.  

yesterday i agreed. today i dont. am i killing sam, or pissed or down on him? no. 

but he missed Robby at least 4 times. 

beginning 2nd half he has him on a cross no pressure...   thats a TD cos Robby runs away from his guy...

then the 3 deep ones. 

he left those plays on the field. i suspect that he'd say the same.

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Did anyone notice how much Aaron Rodgers struggled against Chicago on TNF?

The Bills defense are not the Bears... but they are a top 5 pass rush.  

We all would have liked Sam to be a little better.  But he protected the football under heavy duress.   Would anybody prefer Jameis Winston?!?!?

Just take it down a notch...

forgot to mention, somewhere else someone said " Bills will be a top 8-10 D"

they were #2 lasy year. they'll be top 5. 

it IS true that Sam didngt endanger us to INTS..  cept that one slant i think..

always thought Winston was way overfrated FWIW

Regarding Darnold’s performance, it was average. He missed three passes that could have made the difference. One was the under-thrown ball down the left to Robby and the second was the overthrown ball to Robby down the left, and the third was (need to confirm this since I haven’t seen the highlight) was the under thrown ball to Robby in the end zone. Robby adjudged well to the ball but it allowed the defender to catch-up.

It’s a team sport; so the loss is not just on Darnold. But if this season is about Darnold’s development, his feet and deep ball accuracy were not good yesterday.

In the short to intermediate space he was really good. I only recall one inaccurate throw that would have been negated by a penalty anyways. 

Hopefully the deep ball is just a bit of rust because he hit Robby on those a few times last year.

33 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

forgot to mention, somewhere else someone said " Bills will be a top 8-10 D"

they were #2 lasy year. they'll be top 5. 

They might actually be better this year. They didn't have a great pass rush last season. Maybe it was the jets o-line, but their pass rush looks much improved.

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I was at the game Robby was not open a bunch times. They kept that safety over the top of him majority of the game outside of a few instances .  I remember even thinking to my self I didn’t even know Robby drew this kinda respect on the field . He had few plays like this where they safety took a different assignment. But it wasn’t a lot. Still feel like we should took the shots the few times they did let him go one on one ..

We are very close to a lack o’dem weaponz narrative for Darnold’s lack of progression.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Our kicking situation, aside from all the mishaps, is what lost us the game. That kicker hits the field goal, we’re talking about being 1-0 and not the sky is falling and we’re going 0 for the next whatever. So reactionary and short sited. Sams 1st game of his 2nd season. Everyone needs to relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish ya Jets bums would stop saying that. You got a pick 6, a safety (2) and a 2 point conversion (2) and ya crying over a missed field goal ( like kickers don’t miss kicks). Those other points made up for the misses. What more do you want.

If your “electric” offense would have put out THEN you wouldn’t be talking about some misses by a bum kicker who is being passed around like a cheap Ho. 

Just imagine for a sec ya didn’t get those points from your defense then we talking about the BILLS blowing you out and ya was at home. SMH

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

To me the biggest play was Anderson's roughing penalty.  It was late third quarter, the Jets up 16-0 and the Bills were stopped.  Instead Anderson hit Allen when he didnt have to and it lead to the Bills first three points. I like Anderson, but a terrible play on his part.

if Leonard Williams had done it instead of Henry Anderson the board would have been in flames 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Awfullll mechanics by Sam. He had no reason to fall backwards and throw it. 

Also Robby needs to jump and reach for the ball at the highest point. Not just wait for it to hit him in the chest. 

Bad all around. 

Great general point. Yes, they all do.....

Timing is everything, same page, chemistry etc. all the cliches. This is why Preseason is important for OL's QB's and WR'S.

2 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

I wish ya Jets bums would stop saying that. You got a pick 6, a safety (2) and a 2 point conversion (2) and ya crying over a missed field goal ( like kickers don’t miss kicks). Those other points made up for the misses. What more do you want.

If your “electric” offense would have put out THEN you wouldn’t be talking about some misses by a bum kicker who is being passed around like a cheap Ho. 

Just imagine for a sec ya didn’t get those points from your defense then we talking about the BILLS blowing you out and ya was at home. SMH

however we slice this turd burger, you are correct - 8 points isn't enough offensive production to expect to win any football game in the year 2019

• Upvote 1

I mean... LITERALLY the missed kick is the difference between a win and a loss, despite the ugliness of the offense. Kicker makes that kick, the point differential is +2 in jets favor. Sam has a less than ideal game, offense was not good, defense fell apart once Mosley went out, and yet the difference in the game was a missed field goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

Honestly with as bad as the OL played, anyone would have had happy feet back there... Sam constantly had to be ready to run. 

He'll get better, and hopefully so will the OL.

just to be clear there's no excuse for happy feet

Even if the OL is bad. It's Sam's job to stand there and make a professional throw with both feet on the ground 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

We are very close to a lack o’dem weaponz narrative for Darnold’s lack of progression.

Nah darnold needs no excuses . I’m sure he knows he has to play better . But his weapons/oline are borderline garbage if where being honest .. there is player in each category that’s decent  . Except for Bell who is elite. But overall cast can all be upgraded . 

6 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Nah darnold needs no excuses . I’m sure he knows he has to play better . But his weapons/oline are borderline garbage if where being honest .. there is player in each category that’s decent  . Except for Bell who is elite. But overall cast can all be upgraded . 

I agree with you but many here will circle the wagons if Darnold doesn’t step it up.