The Day After

WowOhWow

Amazing what this franchise can do to its fans.  As I've said many times before this franchise simply does not give its fans any time to enjoy anything.

This season is less than a day old and already I feel like crap.  

If you've been a fan long enough you know that anytime the score is off a bit (up 6, up 13, up 20) that we're going to find a way to lose.  It's amazing.  It never fails.

It is literally the same sh*t, different year.  

Problem is...I don't believe Gase is the guy to get us out of this.  Douglas maybe...but Gase, I don't believe so.

The guy simply doesn't win games (look at his HC record).

We need a proven winner in here (a la Parcells) to turn us around again.  Not a college guy.  Not a loser from within our division.  A proven winner.

Problem is I can't think of one that can shake free...

Joe Douglas is our best bet.

Gase just blew his honeymoon right off the bat. He had the whole fan base with him. Then he pulls a Schotty, Bates, Morningweig crap game plan and showed his true colors.

Definitely not giving up on Sam, but honestly it was concerning that he came up small in a big spot yesterday. No he didn’t turn the ball over, but the over and underthrows, with the game on the line, at home.

I don’t it just looked bad. Happy feet when he had time. If he’s shook already...what’s going to happen if it’s ever a playoff game?

Can't take one more game with this horrible excuse for an offense which can't seem to throw the ball more than 2 yards, cant pass protect, has a QB that holds the ball for too long and cant get out of the pocket to throw a ball out of bounds when being pressured.  Not to mention the D-fense that always, always, always seems to forget how to stop teams from coming from behind.  My former fellow Jets fans, this is BAD COACHING (see FG kicker...) which ultimately no amount of talent can overcome.  Completely unprepared to compete, terrible game plan (see Patriots...).  I am happy to admit that I am finally done.  I am now a Patriots fan, I cannot deal with the depression, wasted energy, disbelief that I keep putting myself in the same position every year every Sunday afternoon. I mean cmon, you came up with Adam Gates????  Ahhhhh, Bill and Tom and now Antonio.  

• Thumb Down 5

11 minutes ago, Lucagee said:

Can't take one more game with this horrible excuse for an offense which can't seem to throw the ball more than 2 yards, cant pass protect, has a QB that holds the ball for too long and cant get out of the pocket to throw a ball out of bounds when being pressured.  Not to mention the D-fense that always, always, always seems to forget how to stop teams from coming from behind.  My former fellow Jets fans, this is BAD COACHING (see FG kicker...) which ultimately no amount of talent can overcome.  Completely unprepared to compete, terrible game plan (see Patriots...).  I am happy to admit that I am finally done.  I am now a Patriots fan, I cannot deal with the depression, wasted energy, disbelief that I keep putting myself in the same position every year every Sunday afternoon. I mean cmon, you came up with Adam Gates????  Ahhhhh, Bill and Tom and now Antonio.  

This guy can't be serious 

I have to let the game go. This is the torment of being a (roughly) .500 team. So close, and yet ... And a BAD history that seems never ending - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again. It will take two years (three or four players per draft and off-season) before this team can make a big step up to consistent wild card/division contention every year. 

My takeaways ...

Yes, Gase better wake up and make some adjustments. Coach Williams called a pretty good game - kept the Bills and Allen off the board for most of the game.  They got four turnovers, scored a TD,  and gave up only 17 points - and we got diddly off the turnovers. He lost his best player (who played like it - Mosely is TERRIFIC) and between his play and - apparently most importantly - his ability to make the defensive adjustments - the D ran out of juice.  If the Jets offense had come through on only ONE more drive and gotten anything, the tone of discussion of this game would be completely different. And the D ended up on the field a lot longer than you want.

The Bills defense is good, period. No running game for us = a mix of a newly assembled OL and a very good Buffalo squad. 

I give Sam a pass - I think he had more opening day jitters this year than last (against the Lions) because this time, it was at home, with a LOT of new, big expectations of him and the rest of the squad. I think he will rebound (but his OL HAS TO DO BETTER.)

The OL better gel, because they didn't give Sam much time, nor did he had clear passing lanes (batted balls), nor did the running game do much. Perhaps it's yet another reason why the Jets/Gase did not slow down the game in the second half and run out some clock - because the running game was not there - and kept giving the ball back to the Bills for another series.

Kudos to Bell: he's worth every cent, and looked pretty good for a guy playing after a year off behind a line playing its first live action as a unit, and not being very good to boot.

I'm not sure if the receivers could not get open because the OL wasn't giving Sam the time to wait for their routes to develop, but they have to get open (everyone except Crowder.) Gase needs to have Sam roll out once and a while or have Crowder run longer routes - he called to keep the D off balance at all.