Jerry Azumah??? jets to trade for him??

Barton

I hear rumblings going around that the jets are trading for Azumah (the bears cornerback, who is pretty damn good)

on the ***cough*** other 2 boards ***cough*** apparently sombody who knows somebody talked to azumah or somebody who knows him, and they said Azumah got traded to the jets and its close to or already done....take it for a grain of sand

we better not be giving up anything more than a 4th rd pick for Azumah, he's good but we have needs and we have Derrick Strait. #-o:ahhh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4797

5'10

192lbs

27 years old

50 tackles, 2 FF, 2 sacks & 4 ints

oh yeah.........HE IS A GREAT RETURN MAN!

I like Azumah, and he's not a bad player. I have first hand experience, being that I also root for the Bears.

Azumah is ok. Sometimes he makes a spectacular play, but he also gets beat often. He is a great return man, though, and he would fill an important role here. He could be an adequate nickel back. With Mickens hurt and aging, it wouldn't be a bad option.

Word on the Bears boards is that Azumah AND McQuarters might be let go.

http://bears.hosttown.com/index.php?s=31dd96d4265c910b2771627cfe138513&showtopic=44735

Yes. It would probably take atleast a 4th rounder. Maybe a 3. He's worth it.

I don't see Azumah as a starter though. He can be a starter but I think he's best served in the nickel.

Gotta love his speed, confidence and playmaking ability. He can run with any WR in this league.

His real value is returning kicks. He single handedly won games for The Bears last year with his returns.

Yes. It would probably take atleast a 4th rounder. Maybe a 3. He's worth it.

I don't see Azumah as a starter though. He can be a starter but I think he's best served in the nickel.

Gotta love his speed, confidence and playmaking ability. He can run with any WR in this league.

His real value is returning kicks. He single handedly won games for The Bears last year with his returns.

I think this is the replacement for Santana everyone wanted. I've seen him return quite a few, and he doesn't run to the sidelines. I dunno how Ham will cope without a return man to complain about :lol:

on the ***cough*** other 2 boards ***cough*** apparently sombody who knows somebody talked to azumah or somebody who knows him, and they said Azumah got traded to the jets and its close to or already done....take it for a grain of sand

Who is your source, Sackdance99? :shock:

PFT is an excellent source.

Extrmely knowledgable and well spoken.

It is possible that Azumah and/or McQuarters will be cut, so why not get something for them in return?

McQuarters is expected to cost 4.5 million and Azumah 2.5 million against the cap this year. They are not worth that kind of money, especially when you have Pro bowl caliber players in Peanut and Vasher starting ahead of them. It would be fiscally irresponsible to pay nickel and dime backs that kind of money. At least one of them will be cut.

If cut before June 1st, McQuarters would cost $2.05 and Zoom would cost $2.00 million. Afterwards, the hits are only $1 million and $500,000 respectively.

My guess is that McQuarters will be the one cut, while Zoom stays in Chicago.

If we can pull this off it cures a lot of ills. Azumah would be sweet for kick returns and somebody you want with the ball in his hands off a pick. He can play situationaly, like in the nickle, and do well. Anybody have any idea what he's looking for? Can we get him for under $2MM?

While most of you are saying he'd only serve as a nickle back, just remember that this is a secondary featuring David Barrett, Donnie Abraham, and Derrick Strait. He could find himself in a # 2 role simply because of his speed and athleticism. Donnie Henderson can take care of the rest.

If we acquire Azumah, I'd say that pretty much guarentees we will be drafting a franchise LT in the 1st round. That would be ideal.

While most of you are saying he'd only serve as a nickle back, just remember that this is a secondary featuring David Barrett, Donnie Abraham, and Derrick Strait. He could find himself in a # 2 role simply because of his speed and athleticism. Donnie Henderson can take care of the rest.

If we acquire Azumah, I'd say that pretty much guarentees we will be drafting a franchise LT in the 1st round. That would be ideal.

Provided that a tackle is still on the board, and they're worth taking.

Provided that a tackle is still on the board, and they're worth taking.

Well, considering there's really only 4 worth taking at 26 (Brown, Barron, Barnes or Terry), I would have to assume this would be the case. It's possible all could be gone before our pick, but is it likely? Well, let's just hope it doesn't happen. :lol:

Well, considering there's really only 4 worth taking at 26 (Brown, Barron, Barnes or Terry), I would have to assume this would be the case. It's possible all could be gone before our pick, but is it likely? Well, let's just hope it doesn't happen. :lol:

True... but crazier things have happened... might have to take Ham's D4 super sleeper special or something :lol:

Archived