Being a realist

Jetster

3 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Only time will tell.  He's a loser as a head coach.  We all know this.  

2 years max with this guy if he doesn't get us to the playoffs.  I'd actually wouldn't mind firing him after this season if it's a total train wreck.  He's shown and proved nothing in this league.  

Adam Gase's NFL career record is 23-27 (.460). 

"You are what your record says you are" Bill Parcells. He lost some head scratches in Miami as well. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

This team wasn't ready or sharp because they never played together in preseason & JD had all preseason to fix something every Jet fan was concerned with & that was the kicker. Tell me you weren't concerned thinking about a close game with a guy we just picked up who was cut & we traded for? 

Kalil wasn't ready & he may actually be done. My son is a Panther fan & said the guy was probably finished. What did he play? 1 quarter of preseason? Some bad decisions already from JD & Gase. 

Mosely is out with a groin, sorry to piss in your cheerios but we have 2 high powered offenses coming up the next 2 weeks & everything we're weak at is going to get exposed. Weak pass rush (QW will be out), weak secondary (OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Njoku, Edelman, Gordon, AB) which means we'll be playing from behind & Sam will be in must throw position against 2 defenses (Browns & Pats) that can rush the passer.

I would honestly suggest you find something else to do next Monday & the following Sunday if you don't want to feel any worse than you feel this morning. There is not 1 Jet fan on this sight that would take a bet on the Jets straight up the next 2 weeks. Our Oline is not even as good as the Browns or the Pats & both are better than the Bills. Jets will get the wrath of that azz whooping the Browns took yesterday & the following week with the Pats going to 3-0 to start the season might just make Le'veon Bell wish the Pats had signed him when he shakes ABs hand at the end of game that we won't even be close in. Reality comes down hard the next 2 weeks, 10 years of bad drafting at the most important positions will be on full display. Like a train wreck that you know is coming. Welcome to the 2019 NY Jets season of great anticipation that will evaporate into complete & utter failure in just the 1st 3 games. We needed that game badly yesterday, I said it all preseason we had to have that division game at home. Take a quick peak at our schedule now without our defensive leader. Frightening. 

And if we beat the Browns next week this place will look just as insane but on the opposite side of the spectrum. It's one week. One week where we left 4 pts on the field and lost by one. 

My true feelings is it all comes down to taking our foot off the gas and being over confident going into the 4th. Playing less aggressive D with a lot of space given to the receivers and all that.  This is a young team that has to learn that sort of thing.  We had this game handily and they kicked back and put their feet up. 

Sure it was sloppy and there are many things to look at and learn from, but this is one week against a Division rival with the number 2 Defense from last year. That's all it really is. 

The Browns got blown out by Marcus Mariota yesterday by the way. I'm no more concerned than I was a week ago. They are good and can win. That hasn't changed. 

Oh... and we're wearing black. Does no one understand the power of the midnight uniforms?  Come on now!  :) 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

And if we beat the Browns next week this place will look just as insane but on the opposite side of the spectrum. It's one week. One week where we left 4 pts on the field and lost by one. 

My true feelings is it all comes down to taking our foot off the gas and being over confident going into the 4th. Playing less aggressive D with a lot of space given to the receivers and all that.  This is a young team that has to learn that sort of thing.  We had this game handily and they kicked back and put their feet up. 

Sure it was sloppy and there are many things to look at and learn from, but this is one week against a Division rival with the number 2 Defense from last year. That's all it really is. 

The Browns got blown out by Marcus Mariota yesterday by the way. I'm no more concerned than I was a week ago. They are good and can win. That hasn't changed. 

Oh... and we're wearing black. Does no one understand the power of the midnight uniforms?  Come on now!  :) 

I like your optimism but we match up TERRIBLY against the Browns without Mosely, QW & Herndon. The Titans are a physical bunch that punch you in the mouth when they get up on you quick, they kicked the sh*t out of the Pats last year in Nashville. Want to know what we don't do well? Play man, you know what Baker does? Throws quickly. Tru Johnson will give the Browns WRs a 7 yard cushion. Landry will be open all day in the middle, Roberts looked like joke against the young Bills WR. Darnold will need to have the greatest game of his early career to pull this one off. We lose this one which I fully expect we start 0-3 with at Eagles, home to Dallas (Fans will look like a Dallas home game), Pats, at Jaguars? We have a 80% chance of being 0-6 before heading to Jax. 

Joe Douglas’ opinion about where this team is was evident when he didn’t make any trades for CB, Edge, or OL. If he thought we could make a playoff run, I’m sure he would have.

He sees the lack of talent riddled throughout the roster. He knows that this is probably another 2 or 3 years away. 

The problem is we are starving for not even just a championship, but a playoff birth...some form of success and hope. We’ve had to wait so long because we’ve had the worst people running this sinking ship for far too long.

Well, guess what? Take a seat. This is going to be awhile again. Hopefully Joe D is the real deal and can fix this mess. 

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Joe Douglas’ opinion about where this team is was evident when he didn’t make any trades for CB, Edge, or OL. If he thought we could make a playoff run, I’m sure he would have.

He sees the lack of talent riddled throughout the roster. He knows that this is probably another 2 or 3 years away. 

The problem is we are starving for not even just a championship, but a playoff birth...some form of success and hope. We’ve had to wait so long because we’ve had the worst people running this sinking ship for far too long.

Well, guess what? Take a seat. This is going to be awhile again. Hopefully Joe D is the real deal and can fix this mess. 

It is absolutely MIND BOGGLING how inept this organization has been in the draft the last 10 years! WE HAVE NOBODY until we traded away our draft for Darnold which was totally necessary. 

We have Winters, Quincy, Shell, Leo, Jenkins, complete & utter JAGVILLE! Chris Herndon is our best draft pick after Darnold recently. Its crazy that the best players on the field yesterday were all free agents, Bell, Crowder, Mosely. Tru was an waste of money & you'd think the Jets brass would have thwarted that transaction after the REVIS PART II debacle. We could have taken the CONSENSUS pick from our draft forum & done better than the guys that got paid to do this job. That's frustrating as hell when you're an avid Jet fans. Just the sheer stupidity of the people involved. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

I would honestly suggest you find something else to do next Monday & the following Sunday if you don't want to feel any worse than you feel this morning. There is not 1 Jet fan on this sight that would take a bet on the Jets straight up the next 2 weeks. 

I kind of think you're overrating the Browns here. We'll be dogs for sure, but this is a team that hasn't had a winning record since 2008 and just got curbstomped at home by the Titans.

You equated "the next two weeks" like they're the same. @ Patriots is a stone cold lead pipe bet the mortgage loss. They're the best team in the NFL and will murder us. The Browns are not that team.

If we do, of course, lose to the Browns we're staring down the barrel of 0-6 because we aren't beating the Pats or Eagles on the road and Cowboys and Pats at home are likely losses too.

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

People are friggin crazy here.

imagine if we had an average kicker.... the jubilee that would be this board “yea man we were a little rusty but its the first game and a win is a win man”

But...….we didn't so

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'm a huge optimist, actually have been called a green glasses homer here, but I'm a football fan 1st & have been watching this game for over 60 years. Yesterday proved to me (I said all along this was a MUST WIN GAME) that we're not even close based on watching the NFL yesterday & the schedule that lies ahead. 

We lost our best defender in Mosely (Groins can be a year long issue), our Line is a mess of mishmash players 3 of them I believe after yesterday are almost at the end of their careers & fading fast, Beachum, Winters & Kalil, and the best one KO is getting long in the tooth. We need a COMPLETE overhaul on our Oline. I expected them to be average, that was a way below average performance yesterday & they were manhandled. 

QW injured his ankle so now Leo plays too many snaps & becomes invisible like last year. 

Bell, KO, Crowder & Mosely were the best players on the field yesterday & not one of them was drafted by the Jets. 3 year project & Brady will be retiring at 45. 

After watching yesterday's $hit$how I have zero confidence we will win any of the next 5 games and then at Jacksonville is no gimme 0 so we cud be looking at 0-7.  I actually had dreams of the playoffs this year SMH.

41 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

22-25-1 (.458) in his first 3 years before he won the super bowl in year 4.

Gase 23-27 (.460)

Thanks, and how many HOFers and Pro bowlers did he have. I thought it was more than 4 years for Phill to get a ring. I never said Gase is the aNswer but he just started here, as did the GM.

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

This team wasn't ready or sharp because they never played together in preseason & JD had all preseason to fix something every Jet fan was concerned with & that was the kicker. Tell me you weren't concerned thinking about a close game with a guy we just picked up who was cut & we traded for? 

Kalil wasn't ready & he may actually be done. My son is a Panther fan & said the guy was probably finished. What did he play? 1 quarter of preseason? Some bad decisions already from JD & Gase. 

Mosely is out with a groin, sorry to piss in your cheerios but we have 2 high powered offenses coming up the next 2 weeks & everything we're weak at is going to get exposed. Weak pass rush (QW will be out), weak secondary (OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Njoku, Edelman, Gordon, AB) which means we'll be playing from behind & Sam will be in must throw position against 2 defenses (Browns & Pats) that can rush the passer.

I would honestly suggest you find something else to do next Monday & the following Sunday if you don't want to feel any worse than you feel this morning. There is not 1 Jet fan on this sight that would take a bet on the Jets straight up the next 2 weeks. Our Oline is not even as good as the Browns or the Pats & both are better than the Bills. Jets will get the wrath of that azz whooping the Browns took yesterday & the following week with the Pats going to 3-0 to start the season might just make Le'veon Bell wish the Pats had signed him when he shakes ABs hand at the end of game that we won't even be close in. Reality comes down hard the next 2 weeks, 10 years of bad drafting at the most important positions will be on full display. Like a train wreck that you know is coming. Welcome to the 2019 NY Jets season of great anticipation that will evaporate into complete & utter failure in just the 1st 3 games. We needed that game badly yesterday, I said it all preseason we had to have that division game at home. Take a quick peak at our schedule now without our defensive leader. Frightening. 

I'll try glass half full for now. Mayfield hurt his throwing hand and the Jets are just as mad about the way they lost, so if we are able to get a kicker and maybe get past the Browns we may enter our early bye with a 1-2 salvageable record. The a tough one in Philly, but after that getting Henrdon back could solidify the O, but we'll see. The game @the Jags now will be without Foles. We new this beginning stretch would be real difficult and we needed the Bills win which we would have gotten if we either had a real kicker or Mosley didn't get hurt. 

10 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I'll try glass half full for now. Mayfield hurt his throwing hand and the Jets are just as mad about the way they lost, so if we are able to get a kicker and maybe get past the Browns we may enter our early bye with a 1-2 salvageable record. The a tough one in Philly, but after that getting Henrdon back could solidify the O, but we'll see. The game @the Jags now will be without Foles. We new this beginning stretch would be real difficult and we needed the Bills win which we would have gotten if we either had a real kicker or Mosley didn't get hurt. 

Browns were literally down to 5 olineman after Robinsons ejection (Robinson may be suspended- he literally kicked a Titan right in the head with his cleats). So maybe we kill Mayfield early because we have a great record vs backups, lol.

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

This team could very easily be 0-7 before they play Miami. At best they could 2-5. I can’t see them beating New Englan in either game, Philly, or Dallas. Maybe Jax with Foles out. Maybe Cleveland. 

Gase’s biggest job may very well be keeping this team together if things spin out of control 

• Upvote 1