Will the Jets be dumb enough to pay Adams?

Philc1

Will the Jets be dumb enough to pay Adams?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Jets be dumb enough to pay Adams?

• Yes because it’s the Jets
    • No, Douglas will mercifully be fired and Harbaugh will be here

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I sure as hell hope not

The Redskins gave an inferior player like Landon Collins a 6 year, $84 million deal.

If I’m Douglas, I’d saw my balls off with a rusty butterknife before I drop a $100 million contract on a safety who doesn’t even take the ball away. I don’t give two sh*ts how much “fire” or “intensity” he brings, which doesn’t seem to do much on gameday for whatever reason.

The media loves guys like Collins and Adams.  Glorified ILBs who suck in coverage 

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The media loves guys like Collins and Adams.  Glorified ILBs who suck in coverage 

I don’t even think Adams sucks in coverage. He just isn’t going to be worth what he’s going to be asking for.

Especially at a time when the Jets will be, at most, two years away from having to hand Darnold a massive contract.

You can’t have what amounts to primarily a run stuffing safety eating up that much of the cap, especially with a plethora of other holes on the team. The only way that works is if Douglas turns out to be a total messiah at identifying talent in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

He blitzed on 2 big occasions. One time he whiffed completely, Allen ran and almost got the first. 2nd he ran into his own DL, never got there, and watched back go for a big completion. If the big selling point is he's a safety that is good in run defense, that's not worth a huge contract, you can sign this year's Eric Weddle off the street for a fraction of that every offseason in March, and such a player would be no worse. Once Mosely went down, needed SOMEBODY on D to make a big play. Maye dropped an INT that would have ended the game BF Bills kicked a FG. And nobody was that SOMEBODY in the 4th. Cannot keep telling us how Adams is Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu when he doesn't make big plays like those guys did. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

He blitzed on 2 big occasions. One time he whiffed completely, Allen ran and almost got the first. 2nd he ran into his own DL, never got there, and watched back go for a big completion. If the big selling point is he's a safety that is good in run defense, that's not worth a huge contract, you can sign this year's Eric Weddle off the street for a fraction of that every offseason in March, and such a player would be no worse. Once Mosely went down, needed SOMEBODY on D to make a big play. Maye dropped an INT that would have ended the game BF Bills kicked a FG. And nobody was that SOMEBODY in the 4th. Cannot keep telling us how Adams is Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu when he doesn't make big plays like those guys did. 

This.

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

What does this have to do with Leo? He’s an average DL

Name the strong safeties that are currently better then him. 

Eddie Jackson, Harrison Smith, Malcolm Jenkins, Derwin James, Eric Weddle those are just off top of my head 

Adams isn’t even the best safety on our own roster when Maye is healthy

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Adams is good and worth enough to overpay a bit because:

1. Even high priced Safeties don’t cost that much

2. I actually think there’s something to teams needing strong veteran leaders somewhere in the starting lineup and in the locker-room. 

3. Him and Maye, as annoying as that draft was to endure, are actually a good tandem and one of the few Non-problems the team currently has.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What good players have the Jets let walk that came back to bite us?

The problem is a lack of talent to begin with, not the Jets letting good players get away.

Mosley went down yesterday and our entire defense, with supposed leader Jamal Adams still on the field, collectively pissed its pants.  Let someone else overpay for his barely useful talents.

that's because you expect Adams to play dline, lber and db. You dont let good players young pro-bowlers walk away for nothing. you build around them.

Just now, rammagen said:

that's because you expect Adams to play dline, lber and db. You dont let good players young pro-bowlers walk away for nothing. you build around them.

Adams for where he was drafted should be Ed Reed or Troy Polumalu

• Upvote 3