Will the Jets be dumb enough to pay Adams?

Philc1

Will the Jets be dumb enough to pay Adams?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Jets be dumb enough to pay Adams?

• Yes because it’s the Jets
    • No, Douglas will mercifully be fired and Harbaugh will be here

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I expect him to make plays that impact the game sometimes.  We have DL and LB's.  We need him to be a ball-hawking Safety.  That's it.  Unfortunately he's not that great of an athlete, so he's more like a Safety who plays like a LB.  

Good player, but not worth the elite Safety money he's going to try to command.  And he's not a guy you "build around".  He'll never be more than the 3rd or 4th most important player on the defense.  EDGE Rushers and CB1's are who you build defenses around.  And maybe a pass-rushing DT, if you can find one.  

CE2744F7-A3EF-403E-8E8C-52D7CD67ABC1.jpeg.33c47521f86347966156a20e66fdf480.jpeg

Like others have said, top safety money. If his agent is holding out to break the bank you trade him. When I watch Adams, I see a guy with good instincts but not enough speed to make a difference. If you have Marcus Maye, would you want to pay Adams 8 million when you could find a James Ihedibo type player to scrum inside & pay him 1.8 million & instead have a top CB or top edge rusher? I mean the Pats have Chung playing the Adams role & he left the team, played for someone else & now he's back on the cheap & they're a top 5 defense. Oline, Edge, CBs & a #1 WR are imperative! 

Herndon was Maccs best pick, better than Leo, better than Adams. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He'll want to get paid based on his draft spot.  Do you want to pay him $14M+ per?

His draft spot has zero to do with his second contract. He’ll get paid what top SS get paid. Plain and simple. 

I don’t want or think any athlete (or entertainer) should make that much money. As I’ve said in the past. That profession is the most overpaid and useless occupation is the world. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

You may not like safeties but he may be their best home-grown player.  Not saying they should overpay but not a good message to the team if they let him walk.

Not paying attention to your business and financial management is not exactly how you create a successful and winning culture. "We drafted you, and you're average, but since you're OUR GUY we'll give you a deal we otherwise wouldn't have handed out." Flip side, you happen to think he'd take a significant discount to stay with us? Absolutely not.

2 minutes ago, Beer Mule said:

Not paying attention to your business and financial management is not exactly how you create a successful and winning culture. "We drafted you, and you're average, but since you're OUR GUY we'll give you a deal we otherwise wouldn't have handed out." Flip side, you happen to think he'd take a significant discount to stay with us? Absolutely not.

The guy is well above average.  Objectively, he is one of the better safeties in the league,  I know some folks can't forgive the guy for not being Mahomes or Watson but saying he's average is a false narrative.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That fact he plays like one and is ranked in the top by every credible sports writer/site/show. 

"fact"

If he plays like an elite Safety, why doesn't he have a tangible impact on the game?

And who gives a flying f**k what sports writers/shows say?  They just regurgitate the same stupid opinions.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"fact"

If he plays like an elite Safety, why doesn't he have a tangible impact on the game?

And who gives a flying f**k what sports writers/shows say?  They just regurgitate the same stupid opinions.

Who do you plan on replacing him with? How much are they going to cost? How much of an impact are they going to have? 

Everyone but some Jet fans think he’s good. 

He does have a positive impact on the game. How many times has he broke up a play or stopped a first down. He does it a lot. He’s not a CB so stop judging him as one. if the team actually had good CBs he’d be even better. 

Why some Jer fans always want to get rid of good players to replace them with cheaper less talented players is beyond me. 

Where he was drafted and who was drafted after him has zero to do with his on field play. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Who do you plan on replacing him with? How much are they going to cost? How much of an impact are they going to have? 

A mid-round safety?  That's where you can find plenty of good Safeties.  Certainly a better strategy than spending over $14M per year on a position that doesn't matter much.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Macc is going nowhere"

I dont have the time to rattle of your abundance of mistakes and horrible takes. 

That should actually be the name of your bio on JN..  Mistakes and Horrible Takes: a Jetfsn80 Retrospective

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

I dont have the time to rattle of your abundance of mistakes and horrible takes. 

That should actually be the name of your bio on JN..  Mistakes and Horrible Takes: a Jetfsn80 Retrospective

Pretty sure my takes, which include "Macc sucks", "Hackenberg will bust" and "Adam Gase is a bad hire", are far better than your "Everything the Jets do is awesome" takes over the last 3-4 years.  

If you want to rip me for the Ryan Fitzpatrick support, recall that he ended up having one of the top 10 QB seasons in Jets history (possibly top 5) and was one of the few bright spots of the entire Macc/Bowles era.  

Run along now, I'm sure you have more threads to post about how things are actually good.  

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If someone can point me to one play or one game in which Jamal Adams tangibly helped us win a game in the two years plus a game time frame I'd be happy to view it.

Name me one game or play where Mack, Donald, or J.J. Watt determined the outcome of a game.

59 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Everyone but some Jet fans think he’s good. 

He does have a positive impact on the game. How many times has he broke up a play or stopped a first down. He does it a lot. He’s not a CB so stop judging him as one. if the team actually had good CBs he’d be even better. 

Why some Jer fans always want to get rid of good players to replace them with cheaper less talented players is beyond me. 

Where he was drafted and who was drafted after him has zero to do with his on field play. 

Again, every March Eric Weddle and safeties like him come on the free agetn market. Safety is overhead, filler, not how you build a team. You don't overpay a safety because the last GM picked him so high.If he wants to a top dollar cotnract, then he has to be way more impactful. And he is not.