Jordan Jenkins slams Jets’ critics after brutal loss to Bills: ‘They can say whatever the hell they want to say. It don’t matter’

Jordan Jenkins slams Jets’ critics after brutal loss to Bills: ‘They can say whatever the hell they want to say. It don’t matter’

If you talked to outside linebacker Jordan Jenkins in the Jets’ locker room Sunday, after they lost 17-16 to the Bills, you wouldn’t have known this was such a brutal defeat.

The Jets led 16-0 until 3:48 remained in the third quarter. And then they blew it, spoiling coach Adam Gase’s debut.

The Jets failed to finish wins too often last season. More of the same Sunday. But Jenkins insisted this won’t set a tone for 2019. And he lashed out at critics who believe it will.

“I mean, we could’ve gotten blown the hell out, 50-10, 60-to-whatever,” he told NJ Advance Media. "I mean, hell, we’re still here, we’re still alive, we know who we are. We know we were the better team out there. We’re not going to let this game define us. People can count us out. They can say whatever the hell they want to say.

“But if you ain’t paying me, if you don’t control my job, and if you don’t have any effect but just to write stuff or say stuff, we’re not going to let that affect us. Because it don’t matter. At the end of the day, that’s just talk. Cats that are saying that, they ain’t playing football. They don’t play in this league. They’re not a coach. They’re not a rival. It don’t matter. Say what you want to say. And that’s how I feel about it.”

Jenkins rejected the notion that the Jets still have a problem with finishing off wins.

“The thing is, that’s last year’s team,” he said. “Same guys aren’t here. This is a totally different team. I don’t think it’s fair to associate this team with that team. A lot of those guys are gone. Totally different. This game doesn’t define us. Last year, we beat the hell out of Detroit in the first game. After that, you saw how it finished. That’s why I’m not down [about Sunday]."

Jenkins’ larger point: One game does not make a season. The Jets did indeed hammer the Lions last year in the opener, 48-17. They went 3-12 after that.

“Yeah, it stings,” Jenkins said of Sunday’s loss. “Of course it stings. But I’m not going to let that [expletive] get me down. We know who we are. We’re not going to be demoralized by this game."

But he surely also knows that the Jets’ upcoming schedule (vs. Browns, at Patriots, at Eagles, vs. Cowboys, vs. Patriots) doesn’t give them much time to figure things out.

“Hey, if they bleed, they die,” Jenkins told reporters, regarding the Jets’ upcoming opponents. “If they bleed just like us, they die just like us. The first game is a trap. If you dominate the first game, emotions get high. You start sipping the Kool-Aid. The next game, you come out a little flat. Other teams, some teams got beat up by 40 today. Do you think they’re going to come out and lose the next 15 games? You don’t let the first game define you.”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

The proof is in the pudding as they say, Non finishers blow a 16 point leads and let the other team march down for TD's

The beauty of week one.

they can identify, work on the problem and clean it up or they can do this all year long.

assuming one before it is decided with time doesn’t do anything for us though.

Winning solves a lot of issues. Unfortunately Cleveland’s season is pretty much riding on the next game. Most people thought the Jets were going to suck and finish in the bottom of the league but we’re jerking off Cleveland the whole off season saying how great they were going to be so I think they come out with something to prove on Sunday. 

Obviously it’s only the second game of the season for them but I can see the team imploding if they lose, too many shitheads on the team. 

‘They can say whatever the hell they want to say. It don’t matter’

Matters to US, which is more than I can say about alot of our worthless no-account overpaid under-performing players.

Here is an idea, shut the f' up and win, and maybe the Fanbase won't be so unhappy.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Obviously it’s only the second game of the season for them but I can see the team imploding if they lose, too many sh*theads on the team. 

not to mention the sh*thead coaches

that's another issue with this team, the culture is atrocious. Penalties everywhere. Maye's interception called by sloppy penalty. The D played well yesterday but there's a reason why Gregg Williams is on like his 10th team in 10 years his defenses take on the "character" of their leader 

and that's not much character at all 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

They should ignore the noise 

typical troll job by the media 

there are many many many awesome Jets fans that sacrifice time money and heart palpitations to support this team but the ones that disappear until a loss and then come alive to cry whine and complain should be treated accordingly 

Jenkins is a dip sh*t. Understand we (fans) do pay you affording you to pay your BILLS (pun intended). If not for fans buying merchandise and tickets, there would be no TV or game. Pul your head out of you ass and quit being the looser we are use to. 

• Upvote 2

Jenkins is a person and this is his job.  He is justifiably upset about everything. 

He is athletically limited but a good person who always plays hard.   He is not the largest of our problems. 

I think the Jets are going to have a tough year this year, but that will be the only way they get better, unless they get Darnold hurt.  

Is Darnold the next All Pro QB?  I don't know.  But I would rather have him than Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield and probably Deshaun Watson.  

• Haha 1

Another of our JAG players speaking up, when is this sh*t gonna stop? Hey, MAKE A F*CKING STOP & LIKE BELICHICK SAYS, DO YOUR F*CKING JOB! 3 drives 17 F*CKING POINTS! 

Defense job #1- GET A F*CKING STOP ON 3rd DOWN! That's it, that's what your job is, make a freaking play by beating the man in front of you! 

Honestly, I didn't know when I woke up this morning that I wasn't being a good enough fan after that sh*tshow of the same crap ? that happens every year with this team. Missed extra point, missed FG, Roughing the passed on a 3rd down incompletion that leads to points, dropped interception right in our oft injured safeties hands, bad throw to our only WR with speed & his man beat, game long turnstiles called Olineman. 

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Another of our JAG players speaking up, when is this sh*t gonna stop? Hey, MAKE A F*CKING STOP & LIKE BELICHICK SAYS, DO YOUR F*CKING JOB! 3 drives 17 F*CKING POINTS! 

Defense job #1- GET A F*CKING STOP ON 3rd DOWN! That's it, that's what your job is, make a freaking play by beating the man in front of you! 

Honestly, I didn't know when I woke up this morning that I wasn't being a good enough fan after that sh*tshow of the same crap ? that happens every year with this team. Missed extra point, missed FG, Roughing the passed on a 3rd down incompletion that leads to points, dropped interception right in our oft injured safeties hands, bad throw to our only WR with speed & his man beat, game long turnstiles called Olineman. 

Thanks my friend.

I was just going to write an f u post about Jenkins, but you did it for me.

Enough with these guys and their BS. They all need to shut up and play as well as they talk. (not you Robbie, I've heard you talk, it isn't pretty. lol) 

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

“I mean, we could’ve gotten blown the hell out, 50-10, 60-to-whatever,”

This is the only Jenkins comment that bothered me. Whether you lost by 40 or 50 or 1.  You still lost.  No style points forl osing by 1.  No participation trophy because you tried hard and came real close.  You lost.

His other comments, I have no issue with.