Viermoo

Jets were bidding to get AB

As per Boomer Esiason, it was them, Seattle and the Cheats. I can’t believe he chose the Pats over us. 😒

• Haha 5
  • Butt Fumble 1

Head case lunatic what have you he would instantly have  improved this sub-par WR group here. 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Wouldn't want to have our 22 year old guy having to deal with that brand of lunacy.

Did he ever attack Carr in anyway in Oakland or was all his issues with Gruden-Mayock-Davis

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Did he ever attack Carr in anyway in Oakland or was all his issues with Gruden-Mayock-Davis

My worry would be the first time he wasn't targeted ten times.  He went after Ben, who helped make him a star.  Why not some second year unproven type?

• Upvote 1

He was never going to sign with us, he didn't want to be in Oakland or Buff so he took the lesser of two evils and then made himself a problem forcing a release and free agency. He wanted to go to a contender and if he could stick it to Pitt even better.  

If true, then Douglas better be dynamite in the draft.

Because between this, Kalil, Vedvik...

I think it’s pretty damn fair to start to question him a bit.

I hope they were only involved to raise the price that NE paid for him. Because there was no way in hell he was ever going to sign with the Jets. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

did Carr ever throw him a pass?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 34st GANG said:

He was never going to sign with us, he didn't want to be in Oakland or Buff so he took the lesser of two evils and then made himself a problem forcing a release and free agency. He wanted to go to a contender and if he could stick it to Pitt even better.  

I tend to think his numbers would have been much better with us as Brady has better receivers and likes to spread the ball around.  I'm hoping Brown's wackiness decides to resurface.  We shall see.  Also, Brady doesn't have a lot of patience for you if you don't adapt quickly to his system.  Remember the Ocho experiment?

21 minutes ago, Viermoo said:

As per Boomer Esiason, it was them, Seattle and the Cheats. I can’t believe he chose the Pats over us. 😒

dear Pats,.. Thank You !   8-)

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

20 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Wouldn't want to have our 22 year old guy having to deal with that brand of lunacy.

Football is lunacy.

After his immature display I'm glad we didn't get a toxic player like that

Just to keep him away from the Pats...😄

They'd buy him a place in NYC and tell him to never step foot in NJ

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Viermoo said:

Yeah, heard it this am on his TV show. 

Now why would he choose them over us? HHMM. #Rings.

Wtf would he want to come to the Jets? He left the Raiders to go to a winning team. They’re at least 2 or 3 years from winning anything. 

Pretty sure half the league was bidding on him.  Keep in mind he's an instant compensatory draft pick as well when he leaves..

• Upvote 1

Not sure what's worse - a lunatic, selfish, cancer in the locker room AB or player X who smacks around women, drives drunk, carries illegal firearms, but is a solid teammate. Not accusing any Jets of being player X, mnd you, just wondering out loud.  

Personally, I didn't want AB's toxicity anywhere near Darnold.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Viermoo said:

Heard that. He said it was from CBS NFL insider guys that he trusts. Drew Rosenhaus (AB's agent) is known to have conf calls / auctions on a player teams are interested in. Jets, Seahawks and of course Pats were in on it. 

Apparently, Tom Shady has said that Brown can come and live with him until he finds a place of his own.

I hope his furniture is bolted down.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Patriots added an option year for Antonio Brown in 2020 at $20 million which becomes guaranteed if executed, per source. It was done to help for cap proration purposes this season.

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They’re at least 2 or 3 years from winning anything. 

Image result for thick glasses gifs

42 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If true, then Douglas better be dynamite in the draft.

Because between this, Kalil, Vedvik...

I think it’s pretty damn fair to start to question him a bit.

Always fair to question, no doubt about it.  I'm glad that the Jets at least sniffed around this.  Didn't want Brown either but the Jets should be in every conversation to make the team better.

In terms of Douglas I think he can be criticized for a couple things - Kicker is obvious.  This is a failure and even if Macc was the original source of the problem in not resigning Meyer, Joe has to be able to clean this up prior to Week 1.  I don't have an issue with the decision to sign Kalil, but I do have an issue with deciding to start him if he's not ready.  We needed depth and improvement upfront.  Signing Kalil was smart, but after not playing at all in preseason we need some meritocracy here in deciding who starts.  Should have been Harrison and that might be on Gase.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Always fair to question, no doubt about it.  I'm glad that the Jets at least sniffed around this.  Didn't want Brown either but the Jets should be in every conversation to make the team better.

In terms of Douglas I think he can be criticized for a couple things - Kicker is obvious.  This is a failure and even if Macc was the original source of the problem in not resigning Meyer, Joe has to be able to clean this up prior to Week 1.  I don't have an issue with the decision to sign Kalil, but I do have an issue with deciding to start him if he's not ready.  We needed depth and improvement upfront.  Signing Kalil was smart, but after not playing at all in preseason we need some meritocracy here in deciding who starts.  Should have been Harrison and that might be on Gase.

I think the second paragraph is spot on, and I gave it the Post of the Week.   I will add two things:

• For most of this game the Jets' defense overachieved, and the offense did barely enough in scoring and with possession to create a game the Jets should have won-a game which was at best a toss up and at worst a majority view a game that they should have lost.  
    • There was concern that Jets offensive line could not handle a very good Bills defensive line.  That was true.  
    • There was concern that the Jets WRs would not get open in a very good Bills' secondary.  That was also true.
    • But Leveon, Crowder and Griffen played decently enough to score 8 points and allow the defense to win the game, until Mosley went down.
    • There was also skepticism that Josh Allen could complete passes while worrying about his long passes.  That was also true.  That long pass against Roberts was exactly the play we were worried about.  There was only one of those.  
    • People also said that the kicker would lose the Jets at least 2-3 games.  There is one.  Bertolet or Cannizaro would have won the game-that is on Douglas. 
  • I had heard many people say that AB's behavior in Oakland was evidence that he had brain damage from too many hits.  The Jets did not need that.  But if he shows up in Foxboro and behaves perfectly, you know it was a scam, and the NFL should do something about it.  They won't  
  • Upvote 2

Douglas wants to win, that is what this tells me, and that he is going to leave no stone unturned. 

Winners try anything, within the rules and that is why AB is unfortunately now a Patriot...

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

AB is too smart to come here.

I've read this 3 times and I still don't know what to say in response.  lol

I can't disagree with it.  I also can't agree that AB is smart.  Dude is Exhibit A when proving what playing with an unapproved helmet can do to someone's brain.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I've read this 3 times and I still don't know what to say in response.  lol

I can't disagree with it.  I also can't agree that AB is smart.  Dude is Exhibit A when proving what playing with an unapproved helmet can do to someone's brain.

You could cut his head off and he would still know better than to come here.

• Haha 1