Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Bring your Kicker to work day, Tuesday Try Outs

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol just give Ross Martin a shot man it can’t be any worse 

I would have Ross Martin and Nick Folk in here tomorrow.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol just give Ross Martin a shot man it can’t be any worse 

The guy from The Wild Wild West?

• Upvote 2

Typo on the used \ unused. But I think people will still get the joke.  

They could keep Vedvik if they think he has the talent and they can fix his flaws. He's also a punter so he has value. Have two PKs on the 53 or try to put him on the PS. He might be worth hanging onto but they aren't good enough to overcome that kind of inaccuracy. 

Vedvik seems clueless.  I saw where he was asked about his take from the Vikings preseason game where he missed 3 kicks and what he got from that.  He said there was nothing to take from that...it was just "one of those things" or some such drivel.  

Adios.

• Upvote 4

Get Jason Sanders from the Dolphins.  They will do anything to lose and get the top pick so they should eliminate their kicker and trade for ours.

• Upvote 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/09/report-jets-will-work-out-kickers-on-tuesday/

The Jets claimed kicker Kaare Vedvik off of waivers a week before their first game of the 2019 season and his debut performance was an unimpressive one.

Vedvik missed an extra point after C.J. Mosley‘s interception return for a touchdown in the first quarter and he was wide right on a 45-yard field goal try at the end of the first half. Those misses came after he missed three kicks in two preseason games with the Vikings, who cut Vedvik after trading a fifth-round pick to acquire him from the Ravens in August.

Head coach Adam Gase said after the 17-16 loss to the Bills that the team would talk on Monday about next steps. Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports reports that the team’s decided to bring in other kickers for a tryout on Tuesday.

There’s no word on which kickers will be in for the workout, but they took a look at Cody Parkey and Younghoe Koo before claiming Vedvik.

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

They could keep Vedvik if they think he has the talent and they can fix his flaws. He's also a punter so he has value. Have two PKs on the 53 or try to put him on the PS. He might be worth hanging onto but they aren't good enough to overcome that kind of inaccuracy. 

Maybe there are things he can do around the facility, not sure if he is good with carpentry or not. Either way as long as he isn't kicking field goals I am fine with whatever they do with him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Maybe there are things he can do around the facility, not sure if he is good with carpentry or not. Either way as long as he isn't kicking field goals I am fine with whatever they do with him.

Norwegians are said to be great woodworkers, ship builders. 

You'd have thought the Jets learned their lesson about Viking players, but noooo...just had to try one more. 

Shocking that Vedvik screwed the Jets more than Barr did

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/09/report-jets-will-work-out-kickers-on-tuesday/

The Jets claimed kicker Kaare Vedvik off of waivers a week before their first game of the 2019 season and his debut performance was an unimpressive one.

Vedvik missed an extra point after C.J. Mosley‘s interception return for a touchdown in the first quarter and he was wide right on a 45-yard field goal try at the end of the first half. Those misses came after he missed three kicks in two preseason games with the Vikings, who cut Vedvik after trading a fifth-round pick to acquire him from the Ravens in August.

Head coach Adam Gase said after the 17-16 loss to the Bills that the team would talk on Monday about next steps. Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports reports that the team’s decided to bring in other kickers for a tryout on Tuesday.

There’s no word on which kickers will be in for the workout, but they took a look at Cody Parkey and Younghoe Koo before claiming Vedvik.

I want Younghoe Koo. It will sound great even if he misses.

• Upvote 1

look at any kicker from any team that scores 3's instead of 6's,

my nephew was first ream all state soccer and plays d one soccer -he can kick a 50 yarder like it is nothing-cant believe they cant find a capable kicker

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

With that, Vedvik's career will end having made just as many NFL kicks as I have.

And I too. Can we tryout for a 1 year deal? Make a million too...

17 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

image.jpeg.2f8dd6b9ec08087786ae8adcc1905ab1.jpeg

Is Ray Finkle still available?

"Laces out!"......."That kinda surgery can be done over the weekend."...." In psychoville and Finkel's the mayor." Lol Ace Ventura is a classic.

• Upvote 1