NFL Transactions, Injuries, News

C Mart

14 minutes ago, Stark said:

Williams could still play at least 4-6 seasons if no major injuries 

You're really going out on a limb here. Older players don't all of the sudden find the fountain of youth at this stage of the game. The last time he played a full season was five years ago and you expect him to be healthy for the next 4-6 years?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

He hurt his knee but last I read it wasn’t thought to be serious 

probably going to go run heavy on us

Run heavy is a good thought.  I want to add another layer.  I will make a bigger point of this closer to MNF. 

The Jets defense needs to be ready for a new wrinkle. The Pats always bust something out. Damien Harris is my guess.

Sony Michel sucks.  If Harris is active... look out. 

The Jets were not ready for Singletary in week 1.  Williams better have them ready for Harris' different skill set. 

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

You're really going out on a limb here. Older players don't all of the sudden find the fountain of youth at this stage of the game. The last time he played a full season was five years ago and you expect him to be healthy for the next 4-6 years?

Yeah, true.  I didn’t say I expect him to be healthy for 4-6 I said he could still play that many seasons. 

It’s a tough spot but we gotta keep Sam from getting hurried the whole game. Sam s mobility is a great asset but I think protecting him is huge.  

I agree Williams may not be the ideal player to trade for. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Run heavy is a good thought.  I want to add another layer.  I will make a bigger point of this closer to MNF. 

The Jets defense needs to be ready for a new wrinkle. The Pats always bust something out. Damien Harris is my guess.

Sony Michel sucks.  If Harris is active... look out. 

The Jets were not ready for Singletary in week 1.  Williams better have them ready for Harris' different skill set. 

Also with Gordon out... Signing 2 more TEs... I think they are going after the Jets LBs... hence maybe why JD signed Countess? Bigger Corner to help cover the TEs?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

Guys that float around from practice squad to practice squad never make it. 

You have it or you don't.... Hence why UDFA like Robbie Anderson or Cherbet or Romo never even make the PS or if the do its short lived... You don't here too many players outside of couple OL/DL once in a while that live on PS for years end up being starters

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

Yeah, true.  I didn’t say I expect him to be healthy for 4-6 I said he could still play that many seasons. 

It’s a tough spot but we gotta keep Sam from getting hurried the whole game. Sam s mobility is a great asset but I think protecting him is huge.  

I agree Williams may not be the ideal player to trade for. 

As much as I think he would help in the short term I'd rather go into JD's first draft flush with picks. This is going to be a GREAT WR draft and a good to great Olineman draft. Get some young guys on cheap contracts that can grow with the team instead of dumping them on aging vets and paying them a ton of money.

Dumping picks on aging vets, and signing over the hill free agents is why we are where we are and have been for the last 50 years.

We just have to hope JD can draft well and all will fall in place.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

You don't here too many players outside of couple OL/DL once in a while that live on PS for years end up being starters

To take it even further those players that do succeed in those situations always stay with the team that drafted/signed them. Picking them off of other teams rosters never works out. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

As much as I think he would help in the short term I'd rather go into JD's first draft flush with picks. This is going to be a GREAT WR draft and a good to great Olineman draft. Get some young guys on cheap contracts that can grow with the team instead of dumping them on aging vets and paying them a ton of money.

Dumping picks on aging vets, and signing over the hill free agents is why we are where we are and have been for the last 50 years.

We just have to hope JD can draft well and all will fall in place.  

I see that side too. Also the rumor is Browns basically are close to a deal with him. 

I just hope our Oline can gel and keep Sam from getting hit too much. 

Just now, Losmeister said:

am sure you're at least 95% correct....    too lazy to do the legwork myself...

The only guy I can think of off the top of my head who was cut numerous times and turned into something was James Harrison. And that was like 20-20+ years ago. There must be others but I can't think of any, so I think your 95% is probably close.

1 hour ago, RobR said:

To take it even further those players that do succeed in those situations always stay with the team that drafted/signed them. Picking them off of other teams rosters never works out. 

Well Te Darren Waller says your wrong.   He had a substance abuse problem with the Ravens ( suspensions) .  They kept the talented TE around on their practice squad , until the Raiders stole him off , (the Ravens practice squad) and signed him late in 2018.   d Waller whose clean now. ( also 27)

He’s easily one of the top five  Tight ends in the game today.      With rookie Foster Moreau gives the Raiders one of the best 2 Te’s duos out there.( Both are complete Te’s who can block, as well as catch). 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Well Te Darren Waller says your wrong.   He had a substance abuse problem with the Ravens ( suspensions) .  They kept the talented TE around on their practice squad , until the Raiders stole him off , (the Ravens practice squad) and signed him late in 2018.   d Waller whose clean now. ( also 27)

He’s easily one of the top five  Tight ends in the game today.      With rookie Foster Moreau gives the Raiders one of the best 2 Te’s duos out there.( Both are complete Te’s who can block, as well as catch). 

You're

On 10/15/2019 at 8:31 PM, Stark said:

He hurt his knee but last I read it wasn’t thought to be serious 

probably going to go run heavy on us

I wouldnt buy anything coming out of NE when it comes to injury reports.  What other team gets fined as often as the Pats for holding info out

On 10/15/2019 at 10:56 PM, Raideraholic said:

Hes a top TE, in your opinion, surprise, because he had a monster garbage time in a blowout loss to Minny and played all of 5 games.  

Foster Moreau has less than 100 yards and is a top TE?  LOL

Last year after 4 or 5 games Crowell was leading the league in rushing yards.  He wasnt the best or near the best RB.

Is Chris Godwin the NFLs best WR?