NFL Transactions, Injuries, News

C Mart

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Colts WR Marcus Johnson (concussion) has been cleared and will be released today, source said. Should generate interest on market, especially with the WR injuries.

Obviously Joe D & R Hogan know of him. Jets do need WR that can stretch the field. Tho this guy may not be the answer

6'1" 4.40 40

Career history

Philadelphia Eagles (2016–2017)

Seattle Seahawks (2018)*

Indianapolis Colts (2018)

* Offseason and/or practice squad member only

On September 1, 2018, Johnson was traded to the Indianapolis Colts for tight end Darrell Daniels. In Week 6, against the New York Jets, he scored his first professional touchdown. He was placed on injured reserve on October 16, 2018 after suffering an ankle injury in Week 6.  

15 minutes ago, C Mart said:

It says the Raiders signed him to their 53!

Yup, Raiders have re-signed him from the Jacksonville PS.  They had to give him a sizeable bonus, and guarantee his salary, to get him to agree to come back as he originally turned them down and said he wanted to stay with the Jaguars.

Personally, I thought the Jets should have claimed him off waivers for our 53 when he was originally cut.  He's a nice prospect with size, speed and good hands.

I say JD offer up Leo to Eagles..

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Eagles DT Malik Jackson is expected to miss the season with a Lisfranc injury suffered Sunday vs. the #Redskins, sources tell me and

@RapSheet  Jackson will have surgery next week. Tough one for Philly despite their DL depth.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

There goes our conditional 7th in 2021

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Do we know that for sure? If I had to wager a guess I think it would have been tied to him making the initial 53, not unlike the Lewis trade we made. In that scenario the pick is ours but I haven't seen any clarification.

Do we know that for sure? If I had to wager a guess I think it would have been tied to him making the initial 53, not unlike the Lewis trade we made. In that scenario the pick is ours but I haven't seen any clarification.

Not sure really. I’m just crying about it without having info. Ya know? Trying to fit in

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Not sure really. I’m just crying about it without having info. Ya know? Trying to fit in

I can't find anything on it. I'm just assuming since it was a conditional 7th rounder that that condition was met when Nickerson made their initial roster. 

• Sympathy 1

I can't find anything on it. I'm just assuming since it was a conditional 7th rounder that that condition was met when Nickerson made their initial roster. 

Potentially. I would think that’s very possible but it may be having to do with playing time or making it through a certain amount of time.

It’s only a 7th but I hope the idea of him being on the opening day 53 was the agreement. It would be nice to have the extra pick. Especially when JD has been sending the Kate picks away lately. He’s given up a conditional 7th, a 6th in 2020 and a 6th in 2121.

UPDATE:

Brett Tessler @TesslerSports

Despite interest elsewhere, CB Cornell Armstrong is signing to the Houston Texans practice squad after they had to release him yesterday to keep their p-squad QB from signing w/Jacksonville. He should be back on a roster soon.

Texans promote QB Alex McGough to active roster, cut CB Cornell Armstrong

The Texans cut former Miami Dolphins cornerback Cornell Armstrong after one game. Armstrong, a former Dolphins sixth-round pick, was signed last week to a one-year, $1.2 million contract that included no guaranteed money.

Miami Dolphins

Armstrong was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the sixth round (209th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft. He was released during final roster cuts on August 31, 2019.

Houston Texans

On September 1, 2019, Armstrong signed a two-year contract with the Houston Texans. He was waived on September 10, 2019.

Smith is a 2018 6th rd pick.  CB/PR.  Fast  

Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL)

9/14/19, 10:34 AM

Chiefs cutting Tremon Smith to promote Byron Pringle, according to league sources

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

Packers claimed Tremon Smith off waivers from the Chiefs, per a league source

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Update: Taco is being released

The #Cowboys are still keeping the door open for a possible trade of former first-round pass-rusher Taco Charlton, but if nothing comes to fruition, they plan to move on from him, sources tell @SlaterNFL  and me. With Robert Quinn back on the roster, Taco is likely out.