NFL Transactions, Injuries, News

C Mart

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Manish Mehta 

Ravens signed safety Bennett Jackson off the Jets practice squad to their 53-man roster

I liked Bennett Jackson, shame to lose him.

The guy we are apparently signing today is a similar player - a CB/S tweener.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Manish Mehta 

Ravens signed safety Bennett Jackson off the Jets practice squad to their 53-man roster

The Jets have lost a couple guys off their PS in recent weeks.  I think we lost an OLineman to Denver if I remember right.

If anything, this might say that the Jets are finally starting to accumulate PS guys that other teams value as well.  I don't recall our PS getting raiding often under Maccagnan.

• Upvote 4

Swing and a miss by Dorsey......

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Source says the Rams are sending a 2021 Day 3 pick to the Browns for OL Austin Corbett. Corbett was the 33rd pick in the 2018 draft.

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

update: The #Rams traded a fifth-round pick in the 2021 draft to the #Browns for C Austin Corbett, source said. Paying up for some much-needed O-line help.

Michael Lombardi @mlombardiNFL

Looking to the Browns for offensive line help is not going to solve the Rams problems up front.

Michael Lombardi @mlombardiNFL

Marcus Peters career has been rapidly declining. Won’t tackle—- guesses and not disciplined in system. It will take a great deal for Ravens to make him better.

The Ravens/Rams trade is more about getting rid of players than thinking they are improving their team. Young was killing the Ravens and did not dress vs Pitt. Peters is easier to trade then bench and I am sure the Rams defensive coaches are happy to see him gone.

Jason_OTC @Jason_OTC

Rams trade of Peters will open up about $5.5M in net cap space bringing them to be in the ballpark of $7.5M. Should open up other trade possibilities if they are still shopping

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

As part of the Marcus Peters-for-Kenny Young trade, the Rams also received a 5th-round pick, per source. Rams would have gotten a 2021 3rd- or 4th-round comp pick for Peters...so instead they get a 5th a year earlier, and a young player they liked last year - and saved money.

Howard Balzer (@HBalzer721)

10/15/19, 6:53 PM

Seahawks signed CB Brian Allen, S Adrian Colbert, TE Tyrone Swoopes (tryout), T Chad Wheeler to practice squad;

released LB Malik Carney, CB Parry Nickerson from practice squad; reported tryouts with LBs Brady Sheldon, Sutton Smith; LB Pita Taumoepenu.

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Williams would be a nice pickup if the price is right 

All depends for sure. But I’d be okay giving up a 2 and 4 something like that to protect Sam. Williams could still play at least 4-6 seasons if no major injuries 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

All depends for sure. But I’d be okay giving up a 2 and 4 something like that to protect Sam. Williams could still play at least 4-6 seasons if no major injuries 

I wouldn’t give up a 1 but I’d send that package for sure. I think someone will give them a first though (CLE/NE). Our schedule gives us a chance to finish with a decent season if Joe D gets Williams that’s a win now move.