Cut Bait Fast

Adoni Beast

This isn’t a FIRE GASE thread...yet...but

Gase’s leash should be extremely short. He isn’t a 1st time HC, and knows the division. He was brought here equally to win and develop Darnold.

We can’t waste time bringing Gase back next year “they need more time to gel and understand the offense.”

Sometimes you know enough quickly.

Bowles in Buffalo in 2015, we knew. We wasted 3 more years for no reason.

Rex in 2011 even after those AFC championship games, most of us knew. He wasn’t ever going to be a winner.

I’m all for firing Gase if this sh*tfest doesn’t get fixed. Yesterday was all I needed to see to do a 180. His offense looked just like it did in Miami. No Tannehill so what’s the excuse now? 

Todd Monken, the guy we shoukd have hired will be a HC candidate for next year. He’s withering away, wasting time in Cleveland. They won’t even let him call the plays. But that guy is an offensive innovator. He made the mistake passing up on him for Gase. Don’t do it again, unless Gase wakes up and changes up the offense.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bringing  in Douglas assured that Gase will be here at least 4 years. 

I don't think Douglas would ride a horrible Gase for all 4 years if this ship is sinking in 2020 or 2021.  His hand would be forced.  Douglas wouldn't want to be fired himself.  We've all seen how meaningless a contract extension can be to a GM and HC in terms of not firing them.  Both Macc and Bowles were jettisoned early.

3 minutes ago, joewilly said:

LOL..........cut bait quickly........... Sure you don't wanna watch 2 more games then fire him? That will give us the byweek to get our new head coach all warmed up. Right now is ripe head coach pickins.

I thought he was going to say Gase should have been fired at halftime.

Out comes our new HC to lead the Jets in the 2nd half!

image-5.jpg.3b1b880d7600ba225ecb2ccd9436cc61.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

*says this isn’t a Fire Gase thread*

*proceeds to tell you reasons we should eventually Fire Gase.*

Lol that’s why I wrote yet. It is only Week 1. But you combine Week 1 with his time in Miami and it’s the same bland oatmeal they serve in hospitals. You want to eat that bullsh*t for another 2-3 years?

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't think Douglas would ride a horrible Gase for all 4 years if this ship is sinking in 2020 or 2021.  His hand would be forced.  Douglas wouldn't want to be fired himself.  We've all seen how meaningless a contract extension can be to a GM and HC in terms of not firing them.  Both Macc and Bowles were jettisoned early.

Douglas will give Gase the 4 years, but they must improve every year with playoffs in year 3.

I was a fan of the Gase hire, but if that sh*t from Sunday continues...then yeah, get him the hell out of here.

I understand that the Bills have a strong defense, especially in the secondary, and that Darnold was under duress.

But his playcalling was maddening. Super conservative. Not even close to the “aggressive” or “electric” crap they’ve been trying to feed us.

If that googly eyed bastard ends up neutering Darnold, then so help me...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

I was a fan of the Gase hire, but if that sh*t from Sunday continues...then yeah, get him the hell out of here.

I understand that the Bills have a strong defense, especially in the secondary, and that Darnold was under duress.

But his playcalling was maddening. Super conservative.

:rl:

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

But his playcalling was maddening. Super conservative. Not even close to the “aggressive” or “electric” crap they’ve been trying to feed us.

This is exactly my point. If yesterday is the norm for the entire season, then why even bring him back for 2020? Complete waste.

Get Monken or whoever else is worthy that will be available.

It’s obvious that this is the Gase offense. So, I’m off the Gase bandwagon until I see something better.

• Post of the Week 1

How about.... And hear me out on this one.... we wait and watch a few more games first. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to work the kinks out. Frank Reich started out 1-5  with the colts last year. Then they lost 1 Game the rest of the year. A little patience and realistic expectations never hurt. This team as constructed was never a playoff team. We have to many holes and no depth. 7-9 at best. This season is all about darnolds development.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

How about.... And hear me out on this one.... we wait and watch a few more games first. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to work the kinks out. Frank Reich started out 1-5  with the colts last year. Then they lost 1 Game the rest of the year. A little patience and realistic expectations never hurt. This team as constructed was never a playoff team. We have to many holes and no depth. 7-9 at best. This season is all about darnolds development.

Right................Pratical, and realistic is not permitted here.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Lol that’s why I wrote yet. It is only Week 1. But you combine Week 1 with his time in Miami and it’s the same bland oatmeal they serve in hospitals. You want to eat that bullsh*t for another 2-3 years?

I’ve been under the assumption that the “blandness” was due to not having a QB in Miami....that can’t continue here.  We’ve all been tortured by that for how many decades?

The NFL is now a pure Offense league in the same way Major League Baseball has juiced the balls to the extent that a guy can break his bat and the ball goes over the wall (I saw that haha, Bryce Harper, saw skinny Freddy Freeman Not even follow through on his swing...HR to left center)....Jets need to still get the Memo..

”And with the 1st pick in the 2020 NFL Draft....New York Jets select......Defensive Tackle....” hahaha

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

It’s amazing how quickly sentiment changes....

I assumed we were a 7 and 9 team at best but yes, what we saw yesterday was BAD.

But we have gone from Chris Johnson has it right etc... to let’s fire Gase in a week. 

I say we have to give him til at least Halloween. ?

He gets the full season. The bigger issue wasn’t just that we lost. It’s how poorly the offense looked, and how meh Darnold looked.

We can’t waste time for 2020/2021 just cause “should give a coach a couple years.

If this offensive genius / qb whisperer can’t produce an effective offense, then he needs to go by New Years.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You give them a min of three years. 

Being patient with Mac and Bowles despite how horrible they were, was the correct approach. They were both kept too long though  with the awkward change of ownership/expiration of their contracts.

Bottom line, you don’t change coaches/GM constantly like the browns. If we can sit through Mac and Bowles, we can give this regime a fair shot with a damaged team that they inherited. 

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

It’s amazing how quickly sentiment changes....

I assumed we were a 7 and 9 team at best but yes, what we saw yesterday was BAD.

But we have gone from Chris Johnson has it right etc... to let’s fire Gase in a week. 

I say we have to give him til at least Halloween. ?

With all due respect, that's not how it went. 

Before Gase was actually hired there were rumblings of Gase being associated with the Jets, and many of us didnt like the thought in any sort of way. When Gase became HC, many folks, including myself complained, however, like Jets fans always due, we convince ourselves that it could possibly work. And when Macc was fired, that is the moment when Gase got alot of love from us. 

It wasnt because we suddenly respected him as a HC or Chris as an owner, we knew that Macc was way over his head and need to go YEARS ago. 

Week 1 should have been expected, given that this is his M.O. He's not a good coach, he's never been a good coach. We all knew it, but we're Jets fans, what are we gonna do?

What we alway do, it seems. 

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The brain trust of this team gave mac 5 drafts and bowels 4 years.  This group has 4 to 5 years and remember the coach and the gm report independently to the big boss.

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Being patient with Mac and Bowles despite how horrible they were, was the correct approach. They were both kept too long though  with the awkward change of ownership/expiration of their contracts.

Bottom line, you don’t change coaches/GM constantly like the browns. If we can sit through Mac and Bowles, we can give this regime a fair shot with a damaged team that they inherited. 

CJ keeping mac after making the coach change was beyond idiotic.  Just stupid and we are paying for it now.  Bowles was garbage almost from day one.  I can see being patient especially after the false 1st year success but keeping mac just boggles.

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

This is crazy. There was nothing but gase love for a looooong time.

one bad game and he should be on the shortest leash?

Untrue.

Many of us were strongly against his hire and were shouted down.

Yesterday was exactly what folks like me feared under Gase.

We’ll see how 2019 turns out. He has the entire at the very least to show us all and prove his doubters and critics wrong.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Vegas had them at 7 1/2 Wins Over/Under this year..I expected much better, which is not that realistic, but the fan in me saw the talent Darnold has (Top rated QB in the NFL last quarter of the season, with garbage surrounding him everywhere, players, coaches, small sample size for sure but WHEN was the last time a Jet QB did anything that good?)

Vegas took into account the 2019 Jet team as a WHOLE, and this team certainly has MANY holes in it, along with ZERO depth.  Their billions of dollars in computers are usually quite accurate in the numbers they spit out.

So looks like I’m guilty of being too much of a fan, I was thinking playoffs this year, thinking the coaching would be head and shoulders better than it was last year.

Love the Gregg Williams hire though, and hope Gase becomes what Peyton Manning sold him as.

Yes let’s give Sam a new offense to learn in 2020!!!!! People on here need to wake up. We were never going to be playoff team this year 8-8 is a good season for this team and thats a stretch. Buffalo has a very good defense we have a piss poor offense with 2 weapons and an Oline with more holes than a damn golf course. You guys need to come back to reality. We have no corners, WRs are weak, kicking is a joke etc we’re not a playoff team by any means. This season is about Darnold improving and letting the FO mold this team how it sees fit anything more than an 8 win season is pie in the sky. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Douglas will give Gase the 4 years, but they must improve every year with playoffs in year 3.

You are insane to think this is anything but Miami 2.0. It was all on display yesterday. I hope I'm wrong but I have a sick feeling after watching Douglass bring in 2 players that had no business being in the NFL to start yesterdays game.

All the posters here were just happy we got rid of the Bowles and Mac. They could have hired Rex again and everyone would have been on board. 

• Upvote 1