Jump to content
Villain The Foe

How can such a record end up being this pathetic???

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

That's actually an NFL record btw. Most catches without 100 yards.

Bro, that would be hilarious if it wasnt so pathetic. 

Speaking of pathetic...

Maybe it averaged 3.4 yards per play because the guy who caught 14 catches caught footballs that averaged 3 yards of travel beyond the LOS. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overcompensating for Darnold's interceptions from last season. It's either a lack of trust, Gase being clueless, or a combo of both. That was the Trevor Simeien training wheels offense yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I surprised McNabb didn't accomplish this with a receiver of his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt39 said:

Overcompensating for Darnold's interceptions from last season. It's either a lack of trust, Gase being clueless, or a combo of both.

I wouldnt be surprised, given that this is Adam Gase, but it would be weird. Sam didnt have a terrible rookie campaign. You gut to let the kid sling it down field. 

I do understand that the Oline isnt Gase fault given that Macc was in charge of things this offseason, but it is his job to figure things out. How about doing bootleg roleouts and giving Sam half the field to work with while allowing receivers to get down field without the risk of the Oline breaking down. 

This 14 catch without 100 yards record by Crowder is the definition of how ridiculously anemic this offense looked yesterday. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

if your receivers can't get open and you have 5 turnstiles acting as OL this is what we are going to get.

#1. Roleout bootlegs. It allows routes to develop and eliminates some of the Oline issues by using Sams ability to run as well as throw on the run. 

#2. It's hard to talk about receivers not getting open when the only time we seen deep routes consistently on a drive is when we lost the lead. And during that drive I seen Robby Anderson burn his man but Darnold got happy feet and underthrew the pass when he had enough space in the pocket to set his feet. 

We dont need to give the Jets excuses. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Grandy said:

That's actually an NFL record btw. Most catches without 100 yards.

FROM THE ANNOUNCER THROUGH THE STADIUM SPEAKERS;

AND THATS ANOTHER NY JET RECORD

We're always breaking the saddest records recorded in NFL History- We had the only team to lose running for 300 yards in 2009 with Sanchez (I think that one has been tied now) lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Overcompensating for Darnold's interceptions from last season. It's either a lack of trust, Gase being clueless, or a combo of both. That was the Trevor Simeien training wheels offense yesterday.

I think he was unimaginatively overcompensating for the offensive line more than Darnold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This site today is like an awful car accident. I don't want to look at it all day but I can't stop 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase has completely neutered the kid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Overcompensating for Darnold's interceptions from last season. It's either a lack of trust, Gase being clueless, or a combo of both. That was the Trevor Simeien training wheels offense yesterday.

With the season wide open in Week 1 Gase coached a little scared.  Many coaches do and Bowles was notorious for this.

Let's remember that Darnold's best games came once the season was lost and there was no chance at even a decent record for the Jets, let alone playoffs.  The Jets uncorked him with nothing to lose.

When you're so afraid of making mistakes you pucker up!  Darnold completely played like a system QB except for the 2-point conversion when it's all or nothing, and there's no risk with an INT, etc.  I think we handcuffed the QB too much.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No issue with the short passes to Crowder. They will pay dividends in other games. Move the chains, extend drives, bring the linebackers and safeties in. 

We need more intermediate/deep passes to other receivers. And Darnold needs to hit them when there’s opportunities. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SR24 said:

This site today is like an awful car accident. I don't want to look at it all day but I can't stop 

The wreck was yesterday today we are in mourning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

With the season wide open in Week 1 Gase coached a little scared.  Many coaches do and Bowles was notorious for this.

Let's remember that Darnold's best games came once the season was lost and there was no chance at even a decent record for the Jets, let alone playoffs.  The Jets uncorked him with nothing to lose.

When you're so afraid of making mistakes you pucker up!  Darnold completely played like a system QB except for the 2-point conversion when it's all or nothing, and there's no risk with an INT, etc.  I think we handcuffed the QB too much.

 

Great post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jetster said:

FROM THE ANNOUNCER THROUGH THE STADIUM SPEAKERS;

AND THATS ANOTHER NY JET RECORD

We're always breaking the saddest records recorded in NFL History- We had the only team to lose running for 300 yards in 2009 with Sanchez (I think that one has been tied now) lol.

I think Marcus Maye had the longest INT without a TD last year too. We have lots of these.  I can't wait to see the record for the team who has the most records like this.  I bet it's the Jets and that would be yet another record.   Oh baby!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I think Marcus Maye had the longest INT without a TD last year too. We have lots of these.  I can't wait to see the record for the team who has the most records like this.  I bet it's the Jets and that would be yet another record.   Oh baby!! 

Jets have the longest punt (99 yards) and the longest play from scrimmage that failed to score (Namath to Caster, 98 yards). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slats said:

How much time did Sam have to throw on average yesterday? That had to be close to a record low, too, I’d imagine. Along with everyone else, I was pretty disgusted yesterday, as well. But I’m not ready to call the offense we saw yesterday “by design,” just yet. Although with the Jets early schedule, that might be what we get if the protection doesn’t dramatically improve. 

It was clearly an adjustment to the early chaos.

We attempted some longer plays and some PA and it ended with a man instantly on top of Darnold every time. Go to the game thread and you’ll even see people calling for quicker plays.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

No issue with the short passes to Crowder. They will pay dividends in other games. Move the chains, extend drives, bring the linebackers and safeties in. 

We need more intermediate/deep passes to other receivers. And Darnold needs to hit them when there’s opportunities. 

Herndon out was HUGE yesterday, he had a good game last year vs the Bills.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

How much time did Sam have to throw on average yesterday? That had to be close to a record low, too, I’d imagine. Along with everyone else, I was pretty disgusted yesterday, as well. But I’m not ready to call the offense we saw yesterday “by design,” just yet. Although with the Jets early schedule, that might be what we get if the protection doesn’t dramatically improve. 

Fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Overcompensating for Darnold's interceptions from last season. It's either a lack of trust, Gase being clueless, or a combo of both. That was the Trevor Simeien training wheels offense yesterday.

I think it was the offensive line that had Gase concerned.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys getting all over Sam because he missed a throw to Robby in the 4th quarter is a little much.  He was throwing off his back foot all game because he had a ton of pressure in his face.  Makes sense that by the time the 4th quarter rolled along his internal clock was racing a bit.  Gase didn’t do him any favors,  but not having Herndon and a limited at best receiving group doesn't make life any easier.  Not enough here to really take this team seriously yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think it was the offensive line that had Gase concerned.

I think it should have all of us concerned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

You guys getting all over Sam because he missed a throw to Robby in the 4th quarter is a little much.  He was throwing off his back foot all game because he had a ton of pressure in his face.  Makes sense that by the time the 4th quarter rolled along his internal clock was racing a bit.  Gase didn’t do him any favors,  but not having Herndon and a limited at best receiving group doesn't make life any easier.  Not enough here to really take this team seriously yet.  

I don't know if you're responding to me, but I wouldn't say I'm "all over him". He missed a few (not one) deep balls to Anderson yesterday that he usually hits. That's a fact. I don't expect him to be perfect and I think he'll usually hit those balls but I'm not going to pretend like it didn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I counted 6 first downs including 4 on 3rd down. Crowder is a chain mover. Some of the throws were essentially running plays that went for 5 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

How much time did Sam have to throw on average yesterday? That had to be close to a record low, too, I’d imagine. Along with everyone else, I was pretty disgusted yesterday, as well. But I’m not ready to call the offense we saw yesterday “by design,” just yet. Although with the Jets early schedule, that might be what we get if the protection doesn’t dramatically improve. 

Man, Sam has to do what he did last year and run around and make something happen. It provides that spark on third down. He did it a lot last year.  He did it against the Giants in preseason. That’s really all we needed yesterday. He did it on the drive we scored and that’s it. Maybe he missed Herndon. We have all seen him play better than he did yesterday, and that’s including a bad oline (last year, texans). There was one play where he had an open area to run to and probably throw it but took a sack instead. He had no awareness yesterday and that is weird. I’m not freaking out, and I’m not pointing fingers. Sam Darnold is really good, just not yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...