Injury updates:

NYallDay

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'll say, Quinnen Williams is not the draft pick that I would've expected to be injured almost immediately.

Ankle injuries are pretty random.  It's a meat grinder in the middle of those lines on every snap.  I don't know if he got stepped on or just rolled it but those things are more aberrations than anything IMO.

More importantly, reading the OP, I'd put $100 down that neither of them play on MNF.  The only outside shot is that it's a Monday game instead of Sunday, but "trending toward missing practice on Wednesday" means WILL miss practice on Wednesday.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Ankle injuries are pretty random.  It's a meat grinder in the middle of those lines on every snap.  I don't know if he got stepped on or just rolled it but those things are more aberrations than anything IMO.

More importantly, reading the OP, I'd put $100 down that neither of them play on MNF.  The only outside shot is that it's a Monday game instead of Sunday, but "trending toward missing practice on Wednesday" means WILL miss practice on Wednesday.

I really dont want to play Cleveland with Hewitt and Cashman as our starters at ILB....

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I read somewhere today that Mosely will be playing on Monday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I’d probably lean towards sitting QW. He’s a fast 300lb man, that’s his game. Let him heal. He’s got a long career ahead of him. 

If you read some of the threads on this forum just from today, people want him cut as he’s fat, wears braces and is not in the class of Ed Oliver or josh Allen within the first game of their careers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'll say, Quinnen Williams is not the draft pick that I would've expected to be injured almost immediately.

How long you been a Jet fan?

I actually expected him to have a season ending injury on his very first play in the NFL, so when I heard he was hurt I wasn’t surprised at all.

Now that we know he is hurt but actually able to walk...now that’s like Xmas and New Years rolled up in one for a Jet fan.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

If you read some of the threads on this forum just from today, people want him cut as he’s fat, wears braces and is not in the class of Ed Oliver or josh Allen within the first game of their careers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That single play where he flashed just easily manhandling the Center pushing him back into the QB resulting in a fumble was very impressive.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

A lot of people are recalculating their models right now. The value of an ILB like Mosley was felt last night. Huge difference once he left.

The problem is that Mosley doesn’t make the corners any better.  They had major issues against Buffalo’s receiving group, which isn’t exactly great.  Who knows how Cleveland will respond coming off their opener but, there is a lot more talent in that group than what gave the Jets problems on Sunday.  Need to find a pass rush or these corners will get destroyed again. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Since the game is on Monday, Thursday’s practice might be the tell tale sign for how injured these guys are.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The problem is that Mosley doesn’t make the corners any better.  They had major issues against Buffalo’s receiving group, which isn’t exactly great.  Who knows how Cleveland will respond coming off their opener but, there is a lot more talent in that group than what gave the Jets problems on Sunday.  Need to find a pass rush or these corners will get destroyed again. 

Neither does QW. The fact that we could have had Allen and Winovich running after people and we're basically stuck with Abdul Salaam and a guy we took in the 3rd rd who we cut makes me sick to my stomach. You realize that we don't have a guy on our D line that could have started on your team last year?

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Oh most definitely we still need better corners and another pass rusher. 

Yesterday just showed how valuable Mosley is to a defense. He won’t be able to do it all by himself against more talented teams. Against a Bills team though, it was the Mosley show. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Oh most definitely we still need better corners and another pass rusher. 

Yesterday just showed how valuable Mosley is to a defense. He won’t be able to do it all by himself against more talented teams. Against a Bills team though, it was the Mosley show. 

Agreed but teams see his impact and can scheme around him though.  It’s not like he’s a dominant edge rusher or a lock down corner.   It’s nice to have him, but the other deficiencies can limit his impact. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Neither does QW. The fact that we could have had Allen and Winovich running after people and we're basically stuck with Abdul Salaam and a guy we took in the 3rd rd who we cut makes me sick to my stomach. You realize that we don't have a guy on our D line that could have started on your team last year?

Lol...you could be right.  That line was special.  

I really hope Mosley plays... But it's not the worst thing for the defense to practice without him and to try and learn how to not crumble to pieces when he's not on the field... Adams or someone else needs to step up and take over the field general role.

I know some of that just comes down to having less skill at the LB position when he's out... But man. The defense looked lost out there as often as they looked over-matched. 

not so good about getting injuries to key players so early in the season.  mosley could have this groin injury the whole season.  no telling if qw's is more than a minor sprain.  either way, if the jets are to have a shot they need to have a healthy team for the whole season.  the whole next man up concept only works if there is a next man up and the jets don't have good depth at many positions.

• Upvote 2

This was my biggest fear. I always said "sans" injury because of our depth. Robbie was iffy to play & that could have affected his performance. Then QW twists an ankle & Mosely tweaks a groin & the Bills start running through  us with EASE. All of us knew depth was a huge issue on this team. The entire season rests on health.

I still cannot get over this ******* loss. I also hope Mosley is playing because he’s our best player by a mile on defense. 
Groin injuries are the worst ... Can take avg 5-6 weeks to heal and are easily reinjured. I'd hold him a week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Groin injuries are the worst ... Can take avg 5-6 weeks to heal and are easily reinjured. I'd hold him a week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Jets lost LB C.J. Mosley in the fourth quarter of their tough 17-16 loss to the Bills on Sunday, but it doesn't seem like they will be for much longer. 

Mosley's groin injury that he sustained in the third quarter doesn't seem to be anything serious, and the Jets expect him to play on Monday, a source told SNY's Ralph Vacchiano.  

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/source-jets-believe-cj-mosley-will-play-monday-vs-browns/310623986

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets lost LB C.J. Mosley in the fourth quarter of their tough 17-16 loss to the Bills on Sunday, but it doesn't seem like they will be for much longer. 

Mosley's groin injury that he sustained in the third quarter doesn't seem to be anything serious, and the Jets expect him to play on Monday, a source told SNY's Ralph Vacchiano.  

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/source-jets-believe-cj-mosley-will-play-monday-vs-browns/310623986

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1