Orlando Scandrick is a free agent - can he be worse than Daryl Roberts?

jetscrazey

Serious question, if Joe Douglas is serious about winning, Daryl Roberts is not going to cut it as a starter, nor will the crap behind him on the depth chart.

We need veterans.

Same goes for Kiko Alonso - he was readily available by trade 2 weeks ago.  If he's here, the linebacker group probably doesn't melt down the way they did when Mosley went down.

The lack of depth on defense is an achillies heel.

You dropped the ball, Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

23 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Serious question, if Joe Douglas is serious about winning, Daryl Roberts is not going to cut it as a starter, nor will the crap behind him on the depth chart.

We need veterans.

Same goes for Kiko Alonso - he was readily available by trade 2 weeks ago.  If he's here, the linebacker group probably doesn't melt down the way they did when Mosley went down.

I walked away yesterday feeling the same way about Roberts I felt going in. I walked away yesterday thinking there is no chance Trumaine will ever live up to that contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

We need veterans.

The lack of speed is the problem.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I walked away yesterday feeling the same way about Roberts I felt going in. I walked away yesterday thinking there is no chance Trumaine will ever live up to that contract.

Its like we NEVER learn when it comes to these older free agents. TJ hasn't been a star CB for a while now. Mosely is a star! Great signing, Bell is a star, great signing, TJ was WAY overpaid! At least our last 3 free agent signings were A+ in Mosely, Bell & Crowder.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MicDrass1 said:

They underthrew to John Brown bc they knew Roberts could match him in speed.  Offense scored 16 points with 8 points from the defense and people are worried about Roberts.  The o-line is awful.  

I agree on the Oline. If Leo wasn't just another DT & lived up to his hype we wouldn't need QW & could have drafted a pass rusher or CB. 

If you go back to the Adams draft the pick should have been Lattimore. With Maye back this year, you could have had a secondary with Lattimore, Maye & 1 of the many free agent safeties that have been available & I like Adams. But like others have stated ignoring more important positions have really left this team with huge holes at pass rusher, CB, Oline & big fast WR.

10 hours ago, MicDrass1 said:

They underthrew to John Brown bc they knew Roberts could match him in speed.  Offense scored 16 points with 8 points from the defense and people are worried about Roberts.  The o-line is awful.  

I was at the game on Sunday. There were wide open WRs all over the place . A better QB would have thrown for 500 yds.