Gase Conference Call

msena88

7 minutes ago, msena88 said:

Costello seems to agree with Cimini...

Yup.  At least with a presser, you can listen for yourself and draw your own conclusions, but we are at the writers mercy for their interpretation of a conference call.  Some guys killing Gase, and some like his reaction.  Not sure who is right or who is wrong, but I think the bland, boring pressers of Todd Bowles are a thing of the past.

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol love it. 

But you can see where things can get ugly quick if losses start rolling in. Especially with this media. Gonna be rough. 

There's a distinct possibility that by Nov 3rd, this team could be 0-7.

If it does, this thing will get ugly.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wasnt happy with Anderson's effort on the overthrow on the last possession

From what I could see on TV every time Sam Darnold got into trouble Anderson just turned around stood up and watched the play. 

Used to coach pop warner and we would stress to WR's and TE's QB in trouble come back to the ball. 

Correct me if im wrong. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

From what I could see on TV every time Sam Darnold got into trouble Anderson just turned around stood up and watched the play. 

Used to coach pop warner and we would stress to WR's and TE's QB in trouble come back to the ball. 

Correct me if im wrong. 

I'm curious which play Connor was referencing in his quote, was it the underthrow? I'd have to rewatch the clip but I don't recall the defender falling down. He also mentions it was on the second to last possession which wasn't that possession.

Curious if its on a play where you can only see with the all 22

Nothing about Oline play? 

I saw an open Robbie Anderson with a ball grossly underthrown  off Sam's back foot. Did Robbie run to fast on that play and then run too slow when Sam overthrew him.

I remain on record as not liking Gase. Not sure if he'll be a good head coach or not but I've not seen anything to sway me yet. Thankfully still early days. "gulp"

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, msena88 said:

I'm curious which play Connor was referencing in his quote, was it the underthrow? I'd have to rewatch the clip but I don't recall the defender falling down. He also mentions it was on the second to last possession which wasn't that possession.

Curious if its on a play where you can only see with the all 22

End of the game, right after the underthrow. I think Gase said he stopped on the double move. Anderson probably could have dove for the ball(would have been an unreal catch).

At the 9:10 mark

my questions to Gase

you ran a terrible offense with Miami and this offense could not do anything against a terrible division rival yesterday-is the status quo going to be more bad offense on your watch like the past few  years in Miami?

it is one thing if your coach is a dick and actually has rings like BB or Pop in the NBA when you are a losers loser being a dick with the press is not too bright

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

End of the game, right after the underthrow. I think Gase said he stopped on the double move. Anderson probably could have dove for the ball(would have been an unreal catch).

At the 9:10 mark

Would love to see the EZ view of that play if anyone has a gamepass account or whatever its called.

3 minutes ago, msena88 said:

More reaction...

that is right HIS OFFENSE did NOT perform

coach should look in the mirror not deflect to players-he called a bad game and was way too conservative when up-he was no different than Bowles who was awful

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I like how Gase is supporting Darnold - WR's are easily replaced, franchise QB not so easy to replace, his goal is to develop Sam

Nobody likes their teammates being thrown under the bus. Especially by the HC. They could be next. He's throwing people under the bus after the first game. he is a grade A A..H....!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I like how Gase is supporting Darnold - WR's are easily replaced, franchise QB not so easy to replace, his goal is to develop Sam

Let’s be real. Gase was hired in large part to help Darnold. The Jets aren’t going to give Gase another QB to work with. If Darnold doesn’t play well it’s going to cost him his job. 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Okay, I was hopeful about his hiring. But so many detractors immediately sounded the alarm bells, saying we hired a feisty, power-hungry dickhead.

It really sounds like you guys were right.

I will wait and see more than one game though.

DC

Just one more eh?

SOJF ?

43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@Jet_Engine1 dude I copied and pasted what Gase said......butt fumble this chief

Defiant Adam Gase just laid waste to Jets: ‘I can basically do what I want’ 

You quoted a douche who purposely placed his comment completely out of context. And what does "laid waste to the Jets" even ******* mean?

LOL. Stop being so easily manipulated,  dude/dudette.

• Upvote 1