Gase Conference Call

msena88

19 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I like how Gase is supporting Darnold - WR's are easily replaced, franchise QB not so easy to replace, his goal is to develop Sam

Meh, treating him like a baby doesnt seem wise. Darnold played poorly 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, genot said:

I told every body this. He hasn't turned into a douche. He always has been one.

Every single fan on this site was a douche yesterday after the game, and rightfully so.  So ******* what our head coach was pissed off and a douche a day after a tough loss in his first game...

Jets fans are the worst... Shut up already!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You quoted a douche who purposely placed his comment completely out of context. And what does "laid waste to the Jets" even ******* mean?

LOL. Stop being so easily manipulated,  dude/dudette.

Don't know don't care my man/woman you like dishing out the buttfumbles. 

Stop being a buttfumble. 

• Thumb Down 1

I hated the hire. But realistically he doesnt have the players right now. The only two NFL caliber players on this team are Bell and Mosley. Sam may become one or may even be one right now but wont show it until he gets some help. There are a few other players who are decent and good as well - but largely overrated by this fan base. I look at New Orleans tonight and it reminds me of the pieces this team hasnt had in over 10 years, in some cases 20. We dont have a Leon Washington, or Leon Johnson. We dont have a Brad Smith. We dont have a Wayne Chrebet. We dont have a Braylon Edwards. On defense the same could be said. The Avery Williamson injury hurts - but realistically we are missing many role players. Finally Jamal was sucking wind in the 4th quarter yesterday. I really wish he would knock off the bravado and save a little energy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Seem like different writers are reacting to gase's comments in different ways.  Cmini, normally the king of snark, seemrf to like the Gase handled the call:

And here is Manish's take

2 guys listen to the same call and have completely different reactions

The both used the term selective amnesia which I find interestjng

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Every single fan on this site was a douche yesterday after the game, and rightfully so.  So ******* what our head coach was pissed off and a douche a day after a tough loss in his first game...

Jets fans are the worst... Shut up already!

Sorry. When a head coach after game one publicly calls out his wide receivers for running bad routes. That's a bush league move. You have a problem with a player. talk to him during the week. Don't throw him under the bus.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Then stop writing stuff that deserve the BFs, Ma'am!

FYI 

JL0_vYbo_normal.jpg

Connor hughes

#Jets HC Adam Gase asked why Ty Montgomery (five snaps) wasn’t more involved.

“That’s my decision.”

Pressed on if he’ll be more involved later, he says it depends how he feels.

“That’s the beautiful part about being the head coach, I can basically do what I want”

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, genot said:

Nobody likes their teammates being thrown under the bus. Especially by the HC. They could be next. He's throwing people under the bus after the first game. he is a grade A A..H....!!!!!!!!!!!

He's right though. He didn't name anybody specifically but answered most questions honestly. A refreshing change from Toilet Bowles.

5 hours ago, slats said:

Feisty, power-hungry dickheads have a long history of success in this league. 

He’s playing Mac’s players, and it’s early. Can we take a breath? 

Exactly, I think I’ll reserve judgement on Coach Gase for awhile longer.

Now that more evidence has come out today that he’s not happy with the WRs and isnt upset with the way Darnold played, as opposed to many Jet fans (who didn’t know enough at the point in time they quickly threw stones) leads me to believe that there were massive execution issues all over the offense, from OL blocking to WR routes, and “dink and dunk” was all Darnold was left with.  Kudos to Lev Bell for making as much as he could every time he touched the ball, without ANY run blocking, so impressive getting that 1st at the end of the game after getting hit I think twice in the backfield ..such a sh*t show on Offense yesterday, OL no pass blocking or run blocking and now we learn the receivers weren’t running good routes either.

I’m sure Darnold could have tried forcing the issue on many plays, but it would have resulted in Turnovers.

• Sympathy 1

FYI 
JL0_vYbo_normal.jpg&key=ecf331f598926333c187e6396120cfc1a440348b8a80f62a7f43fc12407d401a   Connor hughes    

“That’s my decision.”

“That’s the beautiful part about being the head coach, I can basically do what I want”

I just read that as well. This guy acts like he’s won 5 Super Bowls. He can’t even win regular season games. Calling out your players through the media is a real smart tactic. Hopefully, Greg Williams takes over by week 7. Unless you are winning or a proven winner, the media and fans are going to eat him up alive.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I hated the hire. But realistically he doesnt have the players right now. The only two NFL caliber players on this team are Bell and Mosley. Sam may become one or may even be one right now but wont show it until he gets some help. There are a few other players who are decent and good as well - but largely overrated by this fan base. I look at New Orleans tonight and it reminds me of the pieces this team hasnt had in over 10 years, in some cases 20. We dont have a Leon Washington, or Leon Johnson. We dont have a Brad Smith. We dont have a Wayne Chrebet. We dont have a Braylon Edwards. On defense the same could be said. The Avery Williamson injury hurts - but realistically we are missing many role players. Finally Jamal was sucking wind in the 4th quarter yesterday. I really wish he would knock off the bravado and save a little energy.

That's it? 2 NFL players? Cmon man. 

Only thing I care about in a HC is a guy who can win games.  I don't give a sh!t about how he handles pressers, conference calls, media, etc.  Listened to the call posted by @Jetsbb above.  Sounds like much of what he said was blown out of proportion by some members of the media. 

Don't care about how he handles the media, just want him to have the team ready to bounce back against Cleveland next week.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

FYI 

JL0_vYbo_normal.jpg

Connor hughes

“That’s my decision.”

And he's correct. He doesn't answer to Mehta or Hughes. Success or failure lie on his shoulders, and until he's fired, he's the Head Coach. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I wasnt but the guy deserves a fair chance at this point.

This is crazy.  One loss to a divisional opponent with a vicious pass rush and people are pulling out voodoo dolls?

Unreal.  Seriously.

I really believe Gase is going to work.  

Rodgers put together one drive against Chicago.  One. 

And Gase is a disaster because a 22 year old QB struggled in week 1 of his 2nd season under constant pressure?  He didn't even turn the ball over.

Crazy.

• Upvote 3

This is crazy.  One loss to a divisional opponent with a vicious pass rush and people are pulling out voodoo dolls?
Unreal.  Seriously.
I really believe Gase is going to work.  
Rodgers put together one drive against Chicago.  One. 
And Gase is a disaster because a 22 year old QB struggled in week 1 of his 2nd season under constant duress?  He didn't even turn the ball over.
Crazy.

It definitely is crazy. I didnt see anything to make me think the team wasn’t prepared and every coach deserves a chance to get his players in here to make it work first. They didnt just fire the GM because this roster rivals the 85 Bears. This roster is terrible.

42 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Who else on this team do you think is good. Not average or below average.

Mosley, Bell, Darnold, L Williams, Q Williams, Adams, R. Anderson, Crowder, Lachlan Edwards, Enunwa, Jenkins, Maye, and Herndon to name a few. All of them are very solid NFL players.