Mac vs Douglas and yesterday

kevinc855

About to trigger some folks but I’m depressed and don’t care...

Arguably two of the best on field on the field yesterday was Crowder and Bell. Mac pickups 

Arguably two of the worst. No not arguably def were, was Vidavek and Kalil. JD pickups 

Now I’m not saying I don’t think Mac should not have been fired. His time was up but I see him grinning with his Dukin donuts somewhere 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 11

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Arguably two of the best on field on the field yesterday was Crowder and Bell. Mac pickups 

Arguably two of the worst. No not arguably def were, was Vidavek and Kalil. JD pickups 

Now I’m not saying I don’t think Mac should not have been fired. His time was up but I see him grinning with his Dukin donuts somewhere 

There were 45 active players yesterday.  Macc is responsible for 43 of them.  How did they grade out?

Can't just cherry pick the 3 or so that did well.  The team that Macc built blew a 16-0 4th quarter lead at home.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

If Maccagnan didn’t Whiff on 95%+ of his draft picks, then you don’t have to blow your entire Salary Cap on a handful of very good/great players who might not even make a difference in the W/L Column because almost everything that surrounds them is.......Garbage.

And if you’re spending $100Mill maybe just maybe you allocate just a few million for the Kicker that just made the Pro Bowl, clown couldn’t even get that right.

Any Maccagnan sitings lately?  Where’s he work now?

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There were 45 active players yesterday.  Macc is responsible for 43 of them.  How did they grade out?

Can't just cherry pick the 3 or so that did well.  The team that Macc built blew a 16-0 4th quarter lead at home.  

Arguably I could say C.J. Mosley was the best player on defense. Another Mac pickup. 

Tru is trash and that was a Mac deal so there’s that 

20 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Act like a man, good lord.

Joe’s moves are necessitated by Mac failures. Give us a break.

• Upvote 1

Mac's abominable draft record is to blame for our swiss cheese roster and will be the cause of a lot of agida for Jets fans this season, so buckle up.  Douglas has been here about a minute so let's put the brakes on running him out of town just yet.  Let's see what the state of the team is after next year's draft and free agency before we "Idzik" him.

That being said, I still have faith in Darnold to rise above his roster and deliver the goods and give the Jets fans an exciting season. 

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Let me play this one down the middle.

First, you're correct.  The guys acquired this year in Crowder, Bell and Mosely by Macc all looked good.

But let's remember WHY Joe acquired Vedvik and Kalil.  It was because of Macc's failings in addressing the OLine and not bringing Meyers back.  Joe D didn't draft replacements or have the benefit of targeting and signing good free agents for those two holes, he was operating from the standpoint of desperation to address glaring problems and essentially took whatever he could.

That's the honest assessment.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Mac is not grinning.  Everyday Mac is re-fired by the Jets and the NFL.  No one is hiring him again to pick players.  He is done in that role.  

JD is not looking great now either, but he has a few years to have it even out.  The kicker was just moronic, and Kalil not looking good now.  But playing Kalil is on Gase, although playing GM favorites would appear to be problem that the other regimes had as well.  I think its a Johnson problem-the FO feels the need to play players who are paid the most, rather than the best.  Harrison at the end of last year looked better than Kalil yesterday.  

Everyone knew that Crowder, Bell and Mosley were great players.  The question was what to pay them.   The Jets could pay them because they are not paying a LT, C, QB or EDGE.   Good teams pay the latter group of players.  

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Arguably I could say C.J. Mosley was the best player on defense. Another Mac pickup. 

Tru is trash and that was a Mac deal so there’s that 

You realize Douglas is just trying to fill the holes that Mac left him with. Macc left him with this sh*tty kicker situation. Mac never drafting or signing offensive lineman is why Douglas has to try and convince Kalil to come out of retirement. Your blaming Douglas for Macs failures. Douglas hasn't had a chance to do anything yet, and barring a trade, he won't be able to do anything until next off-season. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Let me play this one down the middle.

First, you're correct.  The guys acquired this year in Crowder, Bell and Mosely by Macc all looked good.

But let's remember WHY Joe acquired Vedvik and Kalil.  It was because of Macc's failings in addressing the OLine and not bringing Meyers back.  Joe D didn't draft replacements or have the benefit of targeting and signing good free agents for those two holes, he was operating from the standpoint of desperation to address glaring problems and essentially took whatever he could.

That's the honest assessment.

Agreed Mac is a part of this but does JD get a pass for whiffing on these guys? Vedvik is a goner, there is still hope Kalili can step his game up but if he doesn't that's a huge waste of money. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

feels the young pope GIF

Harrison was pretty good late last year and Cantazarro played well for us a couple years ago and was brought back.

Stop blaming Macc for Douglas botching the kicking situation.  Jury is still out on Kalil...  hopefully his horrible game was an isolated incident.  I suspect he and the rest of the line will improve and look pretty good in a short while...  Then you guys will have to move on to something else to blame Macc for.

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Congrats. I saw a lot of stupid posts today but this 1 takes the cake

Ok, so then who is responsible  for those two clowns getting contracts with the Jets? Are you going to say Mac because he let Meyer walk and never drafted  a C so JD had no choice except to sign the two biggest turds available at the respective positions?

The logic here is just amazing.

Ask yourself why Vedvik and Kalil were here in the first place. Ask yourself where Mac's 2019 draft picks were. Ask yourself who neglected that abysmal offensive line for 4 f*cking years. Log off and ponder these questions.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The logic here is just amazing.

Ask yourself why Vedvik and Kalil were here in the first place. Ask yourself where Mac's 2019 draft picks were. Ask yourself who neglected that abysmal offensive line for 4 f*cking years. Log off and ponder these questions.

You guys are missing the damn point. JD whiffed here on the picks to plug the holes. No one is saying that mac was good. But did Mac hold a gun to JD heads and tell him to get some scrub from Norway and a washed up center 

• Thumb Down 1

Omg Kevin - go find a bridge to drink under. You’ve posted some dumb Things, but this takes the cake. You’re saying the two free agents signings macc had to make because he was unable to draft a running back and a slot receiver, the two easiest positions in the universe to draft… That’s what we should be thanking him for? For wasting draft picks and having to spend her money on gimme gimmes?

Get the F out of here

So at this point you can see the Jets passing on Robbie next year, given that Gase basically threw him under the bus.

Quincy is not really getting it done.  

Trumaine will get cut, and the Jets will eat the cap hit unless something radically changes.  

So the good news is that the Jets will likely be picking high in next year's draft.  That hopefully we get three of the below.  The bad news is that they need, at first glance.

WR1

WR2

LT

RT

C

RG (Eduma is likely one of these)

CB1

CB1

DE (EDGE)-we are a 4-3 now

Probably a LB

There is no way they rationally pay Leonard Williams to be on this team next year.  

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You guys are missing the damn point. JD whiffed here on the picks to plug the holes. No one is saying that mac was good. But did Mac hold a gun to JD heads and tell him to get some scrub from Norway and a washed up center 

I'm missing nothing. You don't exactly find all-pros to plug the holes Maccagnan FILLED the roster with. You're working with the league's scrap heap for f*ck sake - Not an NFL draft. 

• Upvote 1