The coaching must get better...

NYJ1

In all of this criticism the players and the GM are getting, Gases role in this debacle is being ignored. Gase was downright awful yesterday. No imagination, no adjustments or too little too late, ZERO attempts to go long, why not throw more screens when you're getting blitzed to death, why didn't Sam get coached up to stop trying to throw over tall defensive lineman that haven't been blocked? His halftime adjustments worked for the Jets only TD of the afternoon but was quickly adjusted to by the superior HC yesterday in Sean McDermott.

Now I don't want to come across like the guys posting here that think the sky is falling after one game, but objectively Adam Gase was no better than Todd Bowles yesterday.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

can you actually read?

He's being given a free pass in comparison to the players. This debacle started with the HC's inability to make in game adjustments. We've been hammering Todd Bowles for the past about a lack of in game adjustments. We just witnessed the very same thing out of the new HC. And if you're pissed about the loss, too bad. Perhaps you should assigning blame where it belongs.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase had these issues in miami.  He was beyond terrible w/ his playcalling.  

But hes not getting 3 years here.  He gets another game, maybe 2 before i turn on him.

Hes not a rookie coach.  He doesnt have a rookie qb.  Get this thing fixed and do it this week.

Yes. He's not a rookie Head Coach and he shouldn't be treated like one.

• Upvote 1

We have a NEW O HC who 1) didn't have his half of the team ready to play, 2) he didn't learn sh*t from his tenure in Miami - his record is 1-4 against the bills, 3) his game planning was abysmal, 2) his game calls were juvenile and ultra conservative - AKA TB, 3) he made NO adjustments at half time or during the game that I saw, 4) his use of personnel packages - WHICH WAS FRANKLY NON EXISTENT - was also abysmal, 4) but what troubles me more is his comments he made today which seem a lot like Miami. He came across as a arrogant twit and like in Miami, he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.

Memo to AG, get your team prepared to play or GTF out ....I have had enough pretenders. Frankly, this game solidified my concerns regarding this guys capabilities and if the lose next week the same way, the chants will start with me to fire the bum... because they will be 0-6 shortly.

• Upvote 4

I’m not trying to start anything as a BILLS fan but after after yesterday game Adam Gase is now 1-4 against the Sean McDermott since he became the coach of the BILLS. 

Here are the points his offense has score since McDermott took over as the BILLS head coach.

L 16 ( 8 by the defense  ) 8

L 17 ( 7 by the defense) 10

W 21

L 16

L 16

8 hours ago, SOJ said:

We have a NEW O HC who 1) didn't have his half of the team ready to play, 2) he didn't learn sh*t from his tenure in Miami - his record is 1-4 against the bills, 3) his game planning was abysmal, 2) his game calls were juvenile and ultra conservative - AKA TB, 3) he made NO adjustments at half time or during the game that I saw, 4) his use of personnel packages - WHICH WAS FRANKLY NON EXISTENT - was also abysmal, 4) but what troubles me more is his comments he made today which seem a lot like Miami. He came across as a arrogant twit and like in Miami, he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.

Memo to AG, get your team prepared to play or GTF out ....I have had enough pretenders. Frankly, this game solidified my concerns regarding this guys capabilities and if the lose next week the same way, the chants will start with me to fire the bum... because they will be 0-6 shortly.

Better not let Losmeister see this... Lol

on the bright side there is no chance the bowles/rodgers defense gets four turnovers and a score

Greg Williams Defense  was very good until Mosley went down, now he knows he needs a backup leader, it looks like the Williamson injury did more damage than we thought - they need an answer this week

It does not look like thee answer left with Lee, who assisted on only one tackle in the Chiefs 40-26 win over the Jags 

• Upvote 1

We want to give Gase a Chance, and he is working with a bad roster, but it did not appear from a fan’s perspective that the offense was well-coached.   

The first 6 games will be hard.  We want to see improved coaching and Darnold get rid of the ball fast like Carr just did.  Gase is getting the full year because there is only the Hobbit behind him.  But with JD now GM, my guess is that the Jets could replace Gase easily if he does not show offensive coaching excellence. 

His leash should be one season short 

• Upvote 1

I don't  think the piss poor job of the CS is lost on anyone. 

I could not figure out for the life of me why we didn't  just run Bell every first and second down after half time. We were up by 2 scores. Run the ball. You have a stud RB. 

There was also no adjustment by this great motivator named Greg William's once the Bill's started to show signs of life in the second half. We started to see explosion plays by the Rookie RB and nothing. 

I'm and going to go nuts next Monday if we don't  have a kicker that can kick a PA, and if Kalil plays as badly as he did in Sunday and he isn't  benched by the second Qrt. 

Fix the problems. 

I think it’s on everyone. 

The players were thinking too much, it showed that they’re starting their first game in a new system on both sides. There was confusion on defense a lot. And you don’t have much talent to cover it up especially at corner. 

There was so many mistakes across the board that it’s just on the entire team.  

They have a lot mistakes to fix and need to get on the same page fast.   

Darnold was pressured on every play, had no time to throw and all the HC on the board are complaining about play calls?  Too many quick passes and no imagination?

Really, what were they suppose, call for plays that require the QB sit in the pocket longer, waiting for deeper routes to develop? 

OK

For all the deep analysis it comes down to this, the F'n kicker makes an extra point and a simple FG, the horrendous PF on Anderson isnt called, the Jets win the stupid game that they should have won

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Look- I agree that the offensive gameplan wasn’t great... but you have to deal with facts.

The Jets had three deep ball attempts, that’s three more than buffalo 

I guess if you don't count the 40 yard completion Allen made when he marched down the field and scored the game winning TD. Sure

59 minutes ago, nico002 said:

The terribly underthrown ball that went 20 yards in the air, sure, then we had two more deep attempts.

Dam fine of you to admit you were wrong.  For those keeping track....Nico logic = Darnold under-thrown incompletion > Allen under-thrown completion.

18 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

In all of this criticism the players and the GM are getting, Gases role in this debacle is being ignored. Gase was downright awful yesterday. No imagination, no adjustments or too little too late, ZERO attempts to go long, why not throw more screens when you're getting blitzed to death, why didn't Sam get coached up to stop trying to throw over tall defensive lineman that haven't been blocked? His halftime adjustments worked for the Jets only TD of the afternoon but was quickly adjusted to by the superior HC yesterday in Sean McDermott.

Now I don't want to come across like the guys posting here that think the sky is falling after one game, but objectively Adam Gase was no better than Todd Bowles yesterday.

Precisely.

I held a glimmer of hope Gase's abysmal OC performance in Miami resulted from a crap QB situation among other factors. Thus I wasn't at all surprised by his garbage offense Sunday. Offensive.

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

gase was a terrible choice-some loved it they must be both blind and stupid-his miami  offenses were some of the worst in football-his players got worse under his watch--

To be fair most people hated it... for 24 hours but then the fandom kicked in and opinion completely flip flopped. First instinct is usually correct.