Call out the Jets you want to see step up and improve in Week 2!

jetstream23

I'll start with three people.

1) Ryan Kalil - You only get a slight pass for being rusty.  If the coach puts you on the field then they feel that you're ready.  No more mulligans.  We don't need you at your Pro Bowl level, we just need average or better Center play.  Conditioning and practice have now faded as potential excuses.

2) Jamal Adams - You didn't play badly but we're expecting more now.  When CJ Mosely left the game that's when your presence needs to be felt.  I understand that Neville Hewitt was being asked to call the Defense, but this is YOUR DEFENSE....even if there's another guy or two with more talent now on the D.  The team needs your leadership when the game is on the line.

3) Frank Pollack - This is a tough one because I've had really high hopes for this guy.  He's the offensive line coach and considered one of the better ones in the NFL.  His unit was a letdown across the board.  Not just one player, not just one phase (like rush or pass), but unit-wide.  I'll give you that Buffalo has a very, very good D....they're a little underrated.  But you have some experience and decent talent on the Line as compared to when you got here.  We know the talent isn't great but it's decent and it has experience which goes a long way on the OLine.  Technique, preparedness, communication amongst the OLine....those things are 90% on Coach Pollack IMO.

All can bounce back.

Let's Go Jets!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1) Ryan Kalil - You only get a slight pass for being rusty.  If the coach puts you on the field then they feel that you're ready.  No more mulligans.  We don't need you at your Pro Bowl level, we just need average or better Center play.  Conditioning and practice have now faded as potential excuses.
2) Jamal Adams - You didn't play badly but we're expecting more now.  When CJ Mosely left the game that's when your presence needs to be felt.  I understand that Neville Hewitt was being asked to call the Defense, but this is YOUR DEFENSE....even if there's another guy or two with more talent now on the D.  The team needs your leadership when the game is on the line.
3) Frank Pollack - This is a tough one because I've had really high hopes for this guy.  He's the offensive line coach and considered one of the better ones in the NFL.  His unit was a letdown across the board.  Not just one player, not just one phase (like rush or pass), but unit-wide.  I'll give you that Buffalo has a very, very good D....they're a little underrated.  But you have some experience and decent talent on the Line as compared to when you got here.  We know the talent isn't great but it's decent and it has experience which goes a long way on the OLine.  Technique, preparedness, communication amongst the OLine....those things are 90% on Coach Pollack IMO.
All can bounce back.
Let's Go Jets!

I couldn’t agree more with Frank Pollack. I know this isn’t the best OL in the league, but they are NFL caliber and should be able to manage at least moderate protection against a good NFL defensive front. Yesterday was an embarrassment and everyone associated with the OL should be ashamed. Up to their leader to fix it and fast. Cleveland is loaded on DL and won’t be easy to contain.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

All can bounce back.

Let's Go Jets!

all good choices.  throw in trumaine and the rest of the secondary and winters.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

All can bounce back.

Let's Go Jets!

Basically, EVERY Jets veteran. The only players besides Jamal Adams that played well were players that were added through free agency. Bell and Crowder were excellent in their roles. EVERY veteran Jets player was GARBAGE on Sunday. That's why I've been constantly saying Mac is trying to spit shine a TURD. The shine being guys like Bell, Crowder. The TURD is the roster Mac assembled. Oh, and let's not forget how truly awful Adam Gase was.  Imo, his performance first and foremost must get better.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

All can bounce back.

Let's Go Jets!

Those are my top 2 for absolute sure. .

The entire line was confused. I think a lot of people are discounting the number of missed blocks and assignments yesterday... I get that. Some of the other stuff that went wrong is much flashier and easier to talk about. But oh man. If they don't completely miss 2 or 3 of those assignments it could be an entirely different game. And I think Sam saw and felt that too. I don't think he had any trust that his line knew what was coming. I think it's really hard to play like that. 

So it starts with the center and the coach. Get 1,000 snaps as a unit in practice this week and figure each other out. Work on the communication and get better at identifying things. Learn each other's strengths and weaknesses. Learn how to recognize when someone maybe needs a hand or is about to get beat... Just gel more. 

Yes, they're going to get beat a bunch just on a talent vs talent level. We all know that... But if they can cut down on mistakes and missed assignments it opens up a little bit more of a window to succeed.

And my #3 is whoever the heck kicks... Cynical and easy answer but man. Whoever comes out of the tryout tomorrow needs to come ready to play, and play well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Quincy Enunwa was a tragedy. 

This was the guy I was most disappointed in by the way - The other letdowns I could all see coming.

With the offensive line crumbling he's the sort of guy who should be getting involved with quick plays and YAC, which he's normally very good for. We weren't even looking to get him involved so he may have been hurt. Injuries are destroying his career.