View of 2019 Jets from a Bills fan

Billsfan35

1 minute ago, Billsfan35 said:

Hard fought game yesterday. Both teams in my mind are very close and probably around 8-8 type teams. Here’s a few thoughts of the Jets from a Bills fan:

1.) You guys have a good amount of “A” level talent such as Adams, Mosley, Bell, Williams, etc but seem to lack in mid level players. 

2.)Darnold is puzzling to me-seems to make hard throws look easy and easier throws look hard. For example, when scrambling for his life he makes some incredible throws but when he has a clean pocket misses on some easier throws. 

3.) Bell looks like he hasn’t missed a beat and while they say it’s not smart to pay big money to a RB he might be the rare exception. He has 1000 rushing/1000 receiving ability.

4.) Adam Gase to me was a strange hire-he bombed out in Miami and just doesn’t seem like a leader of men, calling out his own guys all the time to the media. 

5.) I like your WR group with a nice mix of speed, slot ability, and size. 

I expect you guys to rebound and be in the wildcard mix along with the Bills by the end of the season. 

Thanks for coming over and for not posting crap. It's been a rough 24 hours.

I have to give Josh Allen some credit. Some bad and fluke turnovers aside, he played better than I think most of us figured he would. Your defense is sick.. at least we hope it is.. otherwise our offense is in a lot more trouble than we thought. 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Both teams sucked balls period stop.

Stop, he's being respectful. I think its great that we encourage that here. Bills have a great defense, and it shown yesterday. I think he nailed it on the head with both teams potential being around the 8-8 mark. Although, I'm feeling a little glass half empty regarding the jets being 8-8 at the moment. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

Stop, he's being respectful. I think its great that we encourage that here. Bills have a great defense, and it shown yesterday. I think he nailed it on the head with both teams potential being around the 8-8 mark. Although, I'm feeling a little glass half empty regarding the jets being 8-8 at the moment. 

I’m being 100% honest don’t care what team he roots for.  I can’t condone anyone who wants to put a positive spin on either team after yesterday’s travesty of a football game period.

6 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

Hard fought game yesterday. Both teams in my mind are very close and probably around 8-8 type teams. Here’s a few thoughts of the Jets from a Bills fan:

1.) You guys have a good amount of “A” level talent such as Adams, Mosley, Bell, Williams, etc but seem to lack in mid level players. 

2.)Darnold is puzzling to me-seems to make hard throws look easy and easier throws look hard. For example, when scrambling for his life he makes some incredible throws but when he has a clean pocket misses on some easier throws. 

3.) Bell looks like he hasn’t missed a beat and while they say it’s not smart to pay big money to a RB he might be the rare exception. He has 1000 rushing/1000 receiving ability.

4.) Adam Gase to me was a strange hire-he bombed out in Miami and just doesn’t seem like a leader of men, calling out his own guys all the time to the media. 

I expect you guys to rebound and be in the wildcard mix along with the Bills by the end of the season. 

I thought the Bills were a sleeper before yesterday's game and I saw nothing that changed my opinion.  I think Josh Allen will progress as well, btw.  I think the Bills beat the Giants week 2 and will even play the Patriots tough when you guys go head-to-head.

And being week 1 which is almost like a continuation of the preseason, you expect a lot of mistakes, sloppy play and turnovers. If Mosley didn’t go out injured which allowed us to run the ball I highly doubt the Bills win the game. He was a BEAST yesterday and showed he’s worth the money. Should be fun to follow both teams all season with 2nd year QBs from the same draft clsss who are both compared all the time. 

• Sympathy 1

"5.) I like your WR group with a nice mix of speed, slot ability, and size. I expect you guys to rebound and be in the wildcard mix along with the Bills by the end of the season."

I don't.

I think our WRs are pedestrian:

• Robby Anderson: let the defender break up a perfectly catchable deep throw. This is the kind of catch a No. 1 receiver comes down with...or gets a penalty called on the underthrow. Anderson has some talent but needs more polish and more determination.
  • Enunwa: I'd rather have him playing H-back and maybe Bellamy as the other WR. The problem I have with Enunwa is that he's not really big enough to absorb the punishment he runs into without injury.
  • Crowder: nothing not to like about him. Great slot receiver.

As much as I didn't like the results yesterday, I do feel that the Jets have something to build on:

• As much as I dislike Winters, I think OL has some potential to be significantly better. I haven't felt that way about Jets OL in the recent past. A few practices together won't hurt.
  • Darnold, once the OL improves, will be an excellent QB. He can make all the throws, is mobile enough, and seems smart enough. I'd like to see a little more fire and clutchness out of him. But he definitely seems to command the huddle and is decisive during the play.

• Sympathy 2

30 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

5.) I like your WR group with a nice mix of speed, slot ability, and size

Glad you like them. If we didn't sign Crowder as a FA, it would have been a blowout yesterday. Our "homegrown" talent can't be counted on. Quincy drafted by Idzik disappears and Robbie, the UFA by dumbass Mac, gets timid and wouldn't fight for a football if his life depended on it.

39 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

put the bottle down.... we suck. Too much Genee  cream ale tonite?

• Upvote 1

"5.) I like your WR group with a nice mix of speed, slot ability, and size. I expect you guys to rebound and be in the wildcard mix along with the Bills by the end of the season."
I don't.
I think our WRs are pedestrian:
  • Robby Anderson: let the defender break up a perfectly catchable deep throw. This is the kind of catch a No. 1 receiver comes down with...or gets a penalty called on the underthrow. Anderson has some talent but needs more polish and more determination.
  • Enunwa: I'd rather have him playing H-back and maybe Bellamy as the other WR. The problem I have with Enunwa is that he's not really big enough to absorb the punishment he runs into without injury.
  • Crowder: nothing not to like about him. Great slot receiver.
As much as I didn't like the results yesterday, I do feel that the Jets have something to build on:
  • As much as I dislike Winters, I think OL has some potential to be significantly better. I haven't felt that way about Jets OL in the recent past. A few practices together won't hurt.
  • Darnold, once the OL improves, will be an excellent QB. He can make all the throws, is mobile enough, and seems smart enough. I'd like to see a little more fire and clutchness out of him. But he definitely seems to command the huddle and is decisive during the play.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Bellamy gets more playing time. He’s Gase’s guy and comes to play without any BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk