The play that had Adam Gase mad at Roby Anderson

Jetsbb

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My theory is that Robbie habitually quits on routes and it’s screwing with Darnold’s confidence and that’s why Gase singled him out.

If you are correct, then Gase calling him out might fix the problem.

People around here are having a meltdown about calling out players publicly.  Why?

That's what Parcells used to do.  Gase is an all football, no-nonsense hard ass.   That's what this team needs.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Gase and Parcells aren’t on the same level

Are you serious?  How long have we been posting here?  Did you really think you needed to point that out to me?  Of course they aren't.

But at some point a coach needs an actual chance to succeed.   Can we both agree that he didnt have a chance in Miami?  The best QB he had was Tanne, and Gase did quite well when the guy was healthy.   The others were dogsh*t.

The comparison I use for Gase is Mike Shanahan.  That is what I think the Jets have in Gase.

Mike Shanahan was the "mastermind" with Elway.  

How was he with Jake Plummer?  Pretty good, right?

Do you remember him coaching  Brian Griese? Brister?  Cutler?  How about Rex Grossman in Washington?  Old man McNabb? RG3?  

Do you see what I mean?

Shanny was fired from the LA Raiders in 1989 after like 20 games with Steve Beurlein I think before even getting to the Broncos six years later.

I believe Gase is going to work here...

Give it a chance...

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Total nonsense.

At no point does Anderson slow down or give up on the route.

In that video it doesn’t look like he gave up, but I was at the game and that pass was right in front of me, as Darnold threw the ball I said to my friend Robby slowed up, in person it really did look like he slowed up then turned the jets back on. In that video it looks like he ran hard the whole time. 

I don’t think he necessarily gave up on the play but there was definitely a slight hiccup in his run

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok so if I'm following this, now we're to the point where Gase's game plan didn't actually suck, everything was RA's fault, and now he's the one who's ruining Darnold, who was actually really good yesterday... 

Am I caught up now? 

Because it’s unfathomable that a wr made a mistake right? It’s all Darnolds fault.

Did I get that right?

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My theory is that Robbie habitually quits on routes and it’s screwing with Darnold’s confidence and that’s why Gase singled him out.

It would make sense the way he forcefed Enunwa at the begining of last year and Crowder so far this year.  Still learning/getting used to the new offense, needs guys he can trust to be where he is supposed to be.

10 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

In that video it doesn’t look like he gave up, but I was at the game and that pass was right in front of me, as Darnold threw the ball I said to my friend Robby slowed up, in person it really did look like he slowed up then turned the jets back on. In that video it looks like he ran hard the whole time. 

I don’t think he necessarily gave up on the play but there was definitely a slight hiccup in his run

He definitely stumbled after making his move, but to claim he "gave up" is just ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I have issues with a sh*tton of guys on the squad not named CJ, Bell, or Crowder right about now, but anyone that doesn't place the blame of yesterday's absurdity directly on the piss poor performance of the Offensive Line and the total neglect of that unit for the past 8 or so years is a ******* moron who probably shouldn't be talking Football in public. And anyone who has said anything to the effect of "Well, Darnold needed to step up in the pocket...  is a total retard. Pocket? LOL. Get the **** outta here. 

The O line was crap.

The playcalling was crap.

The receivers not named Crowder were crap.

Darnold was crap.

The secondary was crap.

The "pass rush" was crap. 

It was a totality of CRAP. 

Trying to single one guy out is is just...dumb at this point.

Pretty much this.

Let's not pretend that Darnold was dropping dimes all day, and that this play was why they lost.

From that angle it certainly doesn’t look like he slowed down at all.  He did stumble a bit but seemed to speed right back up.
Honestly, it seems like Gase just doesn’t want to blame Darnold.  Not good.

I am telling you as I was sitting in row 12 of the end zone. If Robby doesnt stop its a touchdown. It was a great throw.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app