Jetsbb

The play that had Adam Gase mad at Roby Anderson

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I am referring to Robby stopping during his route. Then he starts running again.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Robby slips at about the 47.

This throws the whole timing off.

Do people really think that in a contract year he's giving up on plays?

I've watched the video 20+ times.  Obviously see a stumble, but I don't see him slacking at all. 

Wonder if Gase and Robby both decided to keep the heat off Sam.  Just blame the WRs and keep Sam confident.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

If you are correct, then Gase calling him out might fix the problem.

People around here are having a meltdown about calling out players publicly.  Why?

That's what Parcells used to do.  Gase is an all football, no-nonsense hard ass.   That's what this team needs.

Gase is such a no non-sense guy, yet he failed to make adjustments on the 2nd half or 4th quarter.

I'm not making apologies for anyone, but wasn't it reported that Anderson was injured prior to the game?

• Upvote 2

More importantly is it the play that made me mad?

I think the sink was much more than one play. Try blowing a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RoadFan said:

But at some point a coach needs an actual chance to succeed.   Can we both agree that he didn't have a chance in Miami?  The best QB he had was Tanne, and Gase did quite well when the guy was healthy.   The others were dogsh*t.

By his choice...he thought Tannehill was good. He also thought Jay Cutler was an acceptable replacement as a starter. 

6 hours ago, RoadFan said:

People around here are having a meltdown about calling out players publicly.  Why?

That's what Parcells used to do.  Gase is an all football, no-nonsense hard ass.   That's what this team needs.

The difference now is kids are sissies and entitled.  Back in Parcells day they could handle criticism and had respect for authority.  I'm still on Gase's side especially when calling out players like RA.  I would have traded him. He is fast and that is all.

I couldn’t tell at the game but after watching the incompletion in the EZ Robby need to grab it in the air instead of waiting for it. That was a TD if he does as the defender didn’t know the ball was on top of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robby did slow a bit, but you got to remember that he did have a leg injury that almost held him out. Just seemed off.

This might be the first time a coach has called Robby out on this stuff... Bowles gave him a pass and covered for him in the media... Be interesting to see how Robby responds. Will he play with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, or will he argue and become a distraction? 

7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Are you serious?  How long have we been posting here?  Did you really think you needed to point that out to me?  Of course they aren't.

But at some point a coach needs an actual chance to succeed.   Can we both agree that he didnt have a chance in Miami?  The best QB he had was Tanne, and Gase did quite well when the guy was healthy.   The others were dogsh*t.

The comparison I use for Gase is Mike Shanahan.  That is what I think the Jets have in Gase.

Mike Shanahan was the "mastermind" with Elway.  

How was he with Jake Plummer?  Pretty good, right?

Do you remember him coaching  Brian Griese? Brister?  Cutler?  How about Rex Grossman in Washington?  Old man McNabb? RG3?  

Do you see what I mean?

Shanny was fired from the LA Raiders in 1989 after like 20 games with Steve Beurlein I think before even getting to the Broncos six years later.

I believe Gase is going to work here...

Give it a chance...

I am and you mentioned Parcells not me

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, what you see is that at the 4 second mark Robby "is even" with the defender and stumbles as he passes, yet the safety is still by the hashmarks. Meanwhile Darnold is still sitting on the route for an additional 2 seconds though Robby CLEARLY beat his man with no safety over the top. 

By the time Darnold releases the ball it's at the 6 second mark and Robby has a full 5 yards of separation on the defender even with the trip. However, because Darnold held the ball too long the safety has now gained some ground on Robby. However, that ground the safety gained on Robby was based on angles that Robby eventually outran by the time we got to the 8 second mark. Robby Anderson outran a flatfooted corner and a Safety that was 10 yards off of the LOS. 

What looks like Robby slowing down or giving up on the play isnt so. Robby understands that the ball should have been out the moment he got even with the defender with a safety still on the hashes. Robby isnt slowing down, he's looking back for the ball since the ball needed to be out 2 seconds ago and placed in between the corner and safety given that by the 5 second mark Robby has 4 yards of separation on the corner and about 6 yards of clearance from the safety. 

Robby is expecting Darnold to see the enormous hole in the coverage. If Sam simply threw the ball at the top of his climb of the pocket (at the 4 second mark) it would be a TD because the defender is clearly flatfooted and isnt even backpedaling. Robby completely smoked this dude. Sam held on to the ball way too long, then overthrew Robby. 

You know what Gase should be mad about? Seeing Sam do this on both plays. 

The first play was the underthrow, and the 2nd play was the play we're talking about and you can clearly see that Darnold is looking directly at Robby but he's hesitating to make the throw. 

And speaking of the backpedal pass that he underthrew, some fans are suggesting that "if he didnt have constant pressure in the game he wouldnt have done it" while at the same time some of these fans also want to talk about "how much we're going to have to pay Darnold". 

Darnold is currently on his rookie deal and hasnt shown what other players on their rookie deals are doing in clutch moments like that. Speaking of which, Watson is on his rookie deal and has constant problems with his Oline yet when crunch time comes the man stands tall in the pocket and makes the throw with proper form KNOWING he's going to take the hit. Want an example? Look at this pass last night to take the lead with less than a minute left in the game vs Brees and the Saints. 

Watson didnt care about whatever pressure he was under throughout the game, he cared about "The moment" and how he was going to do everything he could to get the win. He showed balls at a crucial part of the game and put his body on the line to make the play. When Darnold starts doing this, then maybe we can talk about how much the Jets are going to have to spend to keep him. Darnold completely bitched up on that play and he wasnt even under pressure on the play, while going up against his bestie, Josh Allen. Meanwhile, Watson went out on a rookie contract and tried to snatch the soul away from a GOAT. THAT'S A GUY YOU TALK ABOUT RESIGNING. This is not the 2016 Rosebowl, this is the big leagues. I dont want to hear sh t about Robby Anderson. Robby smoked his guy both times. Darnold needs to make the f'ing play. 

The only reason why we scored 16 points is because our defense scored as many points as our offense. 

That pass wasnt on Robby and for all of the franchise talk, potential and comparisons we have regarding Darnold, dude needs to display that during critical moments of games when it matters. Deshaun Watson did that last night. Stand tall in the pocket and throw the football. I dont want to hear about Gase being pissed when Robby had 5 yards of separation in a league where 1.5 yards of separation is considered "wide open". 

We dont need to start coddling this dude. 

Troll breakdown 

Darnold starts his throwing motion the split second after Robby beats his man, clear as day in that video. I don’t see it how it helps Darnolds “confidence” to lie about who missed on that play.. Since... Darnold knows who’s fault it is. Not sure why you seem to think he is so fragile.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

842916653_ScreenShot2016-08-24at4_35_37PM.png.a8432fdc09a838b3d505ba649ff52736.png

Robby was 3.9 yards behind where he should have been based on my calculations.

You Lehigh egghead.  Lol..

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Total nonsense.
At no point does Anderson slow down or give up on the route.
Wrong

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

always gotta have threads slagging robby, its a JetNation staple 
Yeah ... I have no idea why so much time and energy is spent commenting on our WR3/4

Doesnt look like he quit the route but with the game on the line there needs to be a full on extension for the ball, even if it's a bad throw. 

Nope
Can't remember the last time I heard anyone argue so adamantly because they bought a shirt with a name on it ... But please don't change your flawed opinion ... It is making me laugh during my commute. Vraiment.

Theres a reason Robby Anderson went un drafted the NY Jets are finding out why. 

And to think 2 GM's  tout this guy as a #1 WR. 

NY Jets need to improve at the WR position if they want to help their franchise QB get better. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Gase and Parcells aren’t on the same level

Agreed. We are going to need Gase to do something parcells couldn't really do. Win without belichick.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Can't remember the last time I heard anyone argue so adamantly because they bought a shirt with a name on it ... But please don't change your flawed opinion ... It is making me laugh during my commute. Vraiment.

There's really nothing to argue. It's pretty obvious what happened. Robby slipped and the pass was incomplete.

No conspiracy theories, no disgruntled players. Just an incomplete pass.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My theory is that Robbie habitually quits on routes and it’s screwing with Darnold’s confidence and that’s why Gase singled him out.

its actually not a half cocked theory, if you watch there are several times through out the game in which darnold is scrambling and instead of working back to the ball to present a target robbie is just standing around.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Agreed. We are going to need Gase to do something parcells couldn't really do. Win without belichick.

Parcells was only without BB a few years in NE and in Dallas.  In NE he turned the worst Frannie in the sport (on and off the field) into a playoff team year 2 with Drew Bledsoe as his starting QB- Drew was 5-13 with BB.  In Dallas he took a franchise stuck in post dynasty blues that had gone 5-11 three straight years and led them to the playoffs year 1 with Quincy Carter.  In all BP started 6 different QBs in playoff games,. BB has started 2 and only win a WC game with a QB other than Brady (that QB win a division title and made AFC championship game with Parcells).

• Upvote 1

I take back my criticism of Sam's overthrow based on Robby slipping but he still missed him on the underthrow.  Sam and this O cost us the game but I know they will get better and be tough to stop sooner than later.  I'm more worried about D and kicking game.

Either Anderson learns you hustle 24/7 or he'll be at the end of the bench and then gone. Bell, an All Pro, is here 5 minutes and it's not beneath him to stay in as an (effective) blocking back when a play calls for that. Giving up on routes, standing around when the play isn't to him  and lazy crap are not acceptable. And no NFL team is writing big checks to a #3 WR who thinks his job is to run posts and nothing else. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Were going to him to do something most coaches can’t do for the Jets. Win period. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

You can see Robby slowed down a little after beating the defender before the safety came over. If he goes full speed its a TD and game winner

He got the guy to bite.with slight stumble.....which impeded the separation.

5 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Gase is such a no non-sense guy, yet he failed to make adjustments on the 2nd half or 4th quarter.

I'm not making apologies for anyone, but wasn't it reported that Anderson was injured prior to the game?

Sadly true. No rollouts, no play action, no gimmick plays. For a guy who's supposedly a offensive genius, looked like bland thoughtless crap. Once they keyed on Bell, wasn't much else they did to stop that. If Gase took this job to run the usual braindead NFL coach checkdown crap, he should have gone into another line of work. Nobody thinks he made Peyton Manning so...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

sadly true. No rollouts, no play action, no gimmick plays. For a guy who's supposedly a offensive genius, looked like bland thougthless crap. Once they keyed on Bell, wasn't much else they did to stop that. If Gase tok this job to run the usual braindead NFL coach checkdown crap, he should have gone into another line of work. 

I thought Todd Bowles was back on the sidelines in an Adam Gase costume. 

• Upvote 2

there is enough blame from the coaching the game plan the play calling to execution  to the players not performing to go around. It starts at the coaching. not once did they move the pocket to try to get Sam time, how about a screen pass to slow the rush as well. Might not have worked but it might have as well.

Blaming Robbie on a route is fine but also blame gase for challenging a possible PI at the end of the game that would have move the ball at least 10 yrds for a first if not more.

• Upvote 1

Probably because he called out all the players on the phins last year and it caused the team to melt down? He fought with his good players then traded them away for peanuts? Parcells coached in a different era, the sport is softer now and so are the players...something that worked years ago on guys who were raised in a different time may not yield the same results with the kids of today.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1