Jump to content
Jetsbb

The play that had Adam Gase mad at Roby Anderson

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, rammagen said:

there is enough blame from the coaching the game plan the play calling to execution  to the players not performing to go around. It starts at the coaching. not once did they move the pocket to try to get Sam time, how about a screen pass to slow the rush as well. Might not have worked but it might have as well.

Blaming Robbie on a route is fine but also blame gase for challenging a possible PI at the end of the game that would have move the ball at least 10 yrds for a first if not more.

is moronic.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I've watched the video 20+ times.  Obviously see a stumble, but I don't see him slacking at all. 

Wonder if Gase and Robby both decided to keep the heat off Sam.  Just blame the WRs and keep Sam confident.

The play was coming right at me where I sit, he slowed up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Sadly true. No rollouts, no play action, no gimmick plays. For a guy who's supposedly a offensive genius, looked like bland thoughtless crap. Once they keyed on Bell, wasn't much else they did to stop that. If Gase took this job to run the usual braindead NFL coach checkdown crap, he should have gone into another line of work. Nobody thinks he made Peyton Manning so...

well there is a faction here that think Gase is genius and he made Peyton so  there is that. I  have had several posts with your comment get bombed by, but note there are quite a few that is wait and see with him. Saying he is missing players is a way out for the Gase lovers here but the same could be said for the last two coaches. 

Coaches put players into position to win games did Gase do this last week? I would say no GW did note Gase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I saw was a QB that held the ball too long. RA was wide open between the 50 and 40 and that is where he should have caught the ball. If he does he probably outruns everyone to the EZ. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Troll breakdown 

Darnold starts his throwing motion the split second after Robby beats his man, clear as day in that video. I don’t see it how it helps Darnolds “confidence” to lie about who missed on that play.. Since... Darnold knows who’s fault it is. Not sure why you seem to think he is so fragile.

You mean 2 seconds after he beat his man did Darnold finally release the pass. The defender was beat the moment Robby got even with him. The defender wasnt even in a backpedal. 

I dont need to lie about a video that is clearly here for everyone to see. Go back and look at the timestamps I mentioned relative to when Robby got even with his man and when Darnold finally threw the ball. 

 

I dont think Darnold is fragile at all, but I clearly see the excuses starting for a guy we're quick to call a franchise guy. Well, lets hold him to that standard and not coddle him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

The play was coming right at me where I sit, he slowed up

looks like anderson thought he needed to do a stutter step to beat his man when darnold probably realized right away that anderson was going to be open and threw it based on his wr never doing the move.  timing issues with these two all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

842916653_ScreenShot2016-08-24at4_35_37PM.png.a8432fdc09a838b3d505ba649ff52736.png

Robby was 3.9 yards behind where he should have been based on my calculations.

LOL that is hilarious & sums up this thread nicely. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You mean 2 seconds after he beat his man did Darnold finally release the pass. The defender was beat the moment Robby got even with him. The defender wasnt even in a backpedal. 

I dont need to lie about a video that is clearly here for everyone to see. Go back and look at the timestamps I mentioned relative to when Robby got even with his man and when Darnold finally threw the ball. 

 

I dont think Darnold is fragile at all, but I clearly see the excuses starting for a guy we're quick to call a franchise guy. Well, lets hold him to that standard and not coddle him

Fake news, second Robby got open the ball was out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I've watched the video 20+ times.  Obviously see a stumble, but I don't see him slacking at all. 

Wonder if Gase and Robby both decided to keep the heat off Sam.  Just blame the WRs and keep Sam confident.

Because he didnt slack. Your eyes are not deceiving you. Robby stumbled and regained himself, on his way to running past a cornerback and a safety. 

Darnold overthrew him. 

 

And my purpose isnt to make this a bigger deal then what it was...which was a miss. However, these coaches need to stop the bullsh*t when it comes to not wanting to blame the QB for lousy play. Hold this dude accountable. He is the franchise. Get it done...end of discussion. 

Matter of fact, this throw wouldnt have even been necessary had he properly thrown the first ball instead of drifting back which caused the underthrow. Robby burnt his defender twice!

I understand that he's young, but man up. That's on Darnold, and there's nothing wrong with saying that. 

There's simply no way im blaming Anderson when Im looking at him establish 5 yards of separation EVEN AFTER stumbling. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Gase and Parcells aren’t on the same level

And Parcells was the same gruff, to the point hard ass he always was from day 1.  

Even after 3-12-1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You mean 2 seconds after he beat his man did Darnold finally release the pass. The defender was beat the moment Robby got even with him. The defender wasnt even in a backpedal. 

I dont need to lie about a video that is clearly here for everyone to see. Go back and look at the timestamps I mentioned relative to when Robby got even with his man and when Darnold finally threw the ball. 

 

I dont think Darnold is fragile at all, but I clearly see the excuses starting for a guy we're quick to call a franchise guy. Well, lets hold him to that standard and not coddle him

Come on, we still have people who think Geno didn't get a fair shake. The excuses for Darnold will be immense. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, funaz said:

Come on, we still have people who think Geno didn't get a fair shake. The excuses for Darnold will be immense. 

I think Geno didnt get a fair shake, but he's gone. But I will say this, KNOWING that it is true. 

 

If Geno Smith or even Mark Sanchez was the QB on Sunday and these were the exact same throws, no one would be blaming Robby Anderson. 

In no way does this make Sam Darnold trash, but im not blaming a guy when the film is literally showing me what happened. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think Geno didnt get a fair shake, but he's gone. But I will say this, KNOWING that it is true. 

 

If Geno Smith or even Mark Sanchez was the QB on Sunday and these were the exact same throws, no one would be blaming Robby Anderson. 

In no way does this make Sam Darnold trash, but im not blaming a guy when the film is literally showing me what happened. 

If Geno/Sanchez play that game we have 5+ turnovers. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because he didnt slack. Your eyes are not deceiving you. Robby stumbled and regained himself, on his way to running past a cornerback and a safety. 

Darnold overthrew him. 

 

And my purpose isnt to make this a bigger deal then what it was...which was a miss. However, these coaches need to stop the bullsh*t when it comes to not wanting to blame the QB for lousy play. Hold this dude accountable. He is the franchise. Get it done...end of discussion. 

Matter of fact, this throw wouldnt have even been necessary had he properly thrown the first ball instead of drifting back which caused the underthrow. Robby burnt his defender twice!

I understand that he's young, but man up. That's on Darnold, and there's nothing wrong with saying that. 

There's simply no way im blaming Anderson when Im looking at him establish 5 yards of separation EVEN AFTER stumbling. 

fwiw, I like robby and think he can play. do i think he's what you would call a #1 WR target? no. thats a joke. he's an UDFA who made th NFL and can help a team. I dont think HE runs about comparing himself to Deandre Hopkins and Michael Thomas and Julio Jones. And no ne here who likes him, inlcuding me, thinks that either. Can he improve? That's unknown. One thing I would bet is he will be in the legue for years to come if not on the Jets. I think he's already better than Ted Ginn ever was... whose been in the league 10 yrs. He's clearly superior to Dedric Ward. I wont bother with the stats to back it up.  

i like Sam Darnold. I think theres a chance that he can be very good. So far he is a young QB who is inconsistent, who show flashes. Can he be great... I think it's way premature to begin that convo cos he hasnt even been consistently good. He avoided throwing INTs in game 1. He hasnt been a fumbler which was an original concern. He isnt a pussy. He said himself..when the big play are there you have to make them. he failed in that aspect in game #1. So did Marcus Maye and Vedvik.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I think he's already better than Ted Ginn ever was

No way in hell did you see the Saints game last night. Ted Ginn Jr goes up and gets the ball with authority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nico002 said:

Hard to tell, do you have endzone view?

I was sitting in 310. first thing I said to my friend after that play was "he slowed down!'

It was obvious watching from above

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I was sitting in 310. first thing I said to my friend after that play was "he slowed down!'

It was obvious watching from above

looks like he stutter stepped to try to shake the defender when he probably could have simply run by him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, what you see is that at the 4 second mark Robby "is even" with the defender and stumbles as he passes, yet the safety is still by the hashmarks. Meanwhile Darnold is still sitting on the route for an additional 2 seconds though Robby CLEARLY beat his man with no safety over the top. 

By the time Darnold releases the ball it's at the 6 second mark and Robby has a full 5 yards of separation on the defender even with the trip. However, because Darnold held the ball too long the safety has now gained some ground on Robby. However, that ground the safety gained on Robby was based on angles that Robby eventually outran by the time we got to the 8 second mark. Robby Anderson outran a flatfooted corner and a Safety that was 10 yards off of the LOS even though he stumbled. 

What looks like Robby slowing down or giving up on the play isnt so. Robby understands that the ball should have been out the moment he got even with the defender with a safety still on the hashes. Robby isnt slowing down, he's looking back for the ball since the ball needed to be out 2 seconds ago and placed in between the corner and safety given that by the 5 second mark Robby has 4 yards of separation on the corner and about 6 yards of clearance from the safety. 

Robby is expecting Darnold to see the enormous hole in the coverage. If Sam simply threw the ball at the top of his drop back of the pocket (at the 4 second mark) it would be a TD because the defender is clearly flatfooted and isnt even backpedaling. Robby completely smoked this dude. Sam held on to the ball way too long, then overthrew Robby. 

You know what Gase should be mad about? Seeing Sam do this on both plays. 

The first play was the underthrow, and the 2nd play was the play we're talking about and you can clearly see that Darnold is looking directly at Robby but he's hesitating to make the throw. 

And speaking of the backpedal pass that he underthrew, some fans are suggesting that "if he didnt have constant pressure in the game he wouldnt have done it" while at the same time some of these fans also want to talk about "how much we're going to have to pay Darnold". 

Darnold is currently on his rookie deal and hasnt shown what other players on their rookie deals are doing in clutch moments like that. Speaking of which, Watson is on his rookie deal and has constant problems with his Oline yet when crunch time comes the man stands tall in the pocket and makes the throw with proper form KNOWING he's going to take the hit. Want an example? Look at this pass last night to take the lead with less than a minute left in the game vs Brees and the Saints. 

Watson didnt care about whatever pressure he was under throughout the game, he cared about "The moment" and how he was going to do everything he could to get the win. He showed balls at a crucial part of the game and put his body on the line to make the play. When Darnold starts doing this, then maybe we can talk about how much the Jets are going to have to spend to keep him. Darnold completely bitched up on that play and he wasnt even under pressure on the play, while going up against his bestie, Josh Allen. Meanwhile, Watson went out on a rookie contract and tried to snatch the soul away from a GOAT. THAT'S A GUY YOU TALK ABOUT RESIGNING. This is not the 2016 Rosebowl, this is the big leagues. I dont want to hear sh t about Robby Anderson. Robby smoked his guy both times. Darnold needs to make the f'ing play. 

The only reason why we scored 16 points is because our defense scored as many points as our offense. 

 

 

That pass wasnt on Robby and for all of the franchise talk, potential and comparisons we have regarding Darnold, dude needs to display that during critical moments of games when it matters. Deshaun Watson did that last night. Stand tall in the pocket and throw the football. I dont want to hear about Gase being pissed when Robby had 5 yards of separation in a league where 1.5 yards of separation is considered "wide open". 

We dont need to start coddling this dude. 

but we picked a loud mouthed nobigplay safety so we're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, what you see is that at the 4 second mark Robby "is even" with the defender and stumbles as he passes, yet the safety is still by the hashmarks. Meanwhile Darnold is still sitting on the route for an additional 2 seconds though Robby CLEARLY beat his man with no safety over the top. 

By the time Darnold releases the ball it's at the 6 second mark and Robby has a full 5 yards of separation on the defender even with the trip. However, because Darnold held the ball too long the safety has now gained some ground on Robby. However, that ground the safety gained on Robby was based on angles that Robby eventually outran by the time we got to the 8 second mark. Robby Anderson outran a flatfooted corner and a Safety that was 10 yards off of the LOS even though he stumbled. 

What looks like Robby slowing down or giving up on the play isnt so. Robby understands that the ball should have been out the moment he got even with the defender with a safety still on the hashes. Robby isnt slowing down, he's looking back for the ball since the ball needed to be out 2 seconds ago and placed in between the corner and safety given that by the 5 second mark Robby has 4 yards of separation on the corner and about 6 yards of clearance from the safety. 

Robby is expecting Darnold to see the enormous hole in the coverage. If Sam simply threw the ball at the top of his drop back of the pocket (at the 4 second mark) it would be a TD because the defender is clearly flatfooted and isnt even backpedaling. Robby completely smoked this dude. Sam held on to the ball way too long, then overthrew Robby. 

You know what Gase should be mad about? Seeing Sam do this on both plays. 

The first play was the underthrow, and the 2nd play was the play we're talking about and you can clearly see that Darnold is looking directly at Robby but he's hesitating to make the throw. 

And speaking of the backpedal pass that he underthrew, some fans are suggesting that "if he didnt have constant pressure in the game he wouldnt have done it" while at the same time some of these fans also want to talk about "how much we're going to have to pay Darnold". 

Darnold is currently on his rookie deal and hasnt shown what other players on their rookie deals are doing in clutch moments like that. Speaking of which, Watson is on his rookie deal and has constant problems with his Oline yet when crunch time comes the man stands tall in the pocket and makes the throw with proper form KNOWING he's going to take the hit. Want an example? Look at this pass last night to take the lead with less than a minute left in the game vs Brees and the Saints. 

Watson didnt care about whatever pressure he was under throughout the game, he cared about "The moment" and how he was going to do everything he could to get the win. He showed balls at a crucial part of the game and put his body on the line to make the play. When Darnold starts doing this, then maybe we can talk about how much the Jets are going to have to spend to keep him. Darnold completely bitched up on that play and he wasnt even under pressure on the play, while going up against his bestie, Josh Allen. Meanwhile, Watson went out on a rookie contract and tried to snatch the soul away from a GOAT. THAT'S A GUY YOU TALK ABOUT RESIGNING. This is not the 2016 Rosebowl, this is the big leagues. I dont want to hear sh t about Robby Anderson. Robby smoked his guy both times. Darnold needs to make the f'ing play. 

The only reason why we scored 16 points is because our defense scored as many points as our offense. 

 

 

That pass wasnt on Robby and for all of the franchise talk, potential and comparisons we have regarding Darnold, dude needs to display that during critical moments of games when it matters. Deshaun Watson did that last night. Stand tall in the pocket and throw the football. I dont want to hear about Gase being pissed when Robby had 5 yards of separation in a league where 1.5 yards of separation is considered "wide open". 

We dont need to start coddling this dude. 

but we picked a loud mouthed nobigplay safety so we're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Sam Darnold had Robby Anderson twice on the Jets' last drive.

First, Darnold underthrew off backpedal and Anderson waited instead of coming back to ball.

 

I said this yesterday  fundamental football QB in trouble COME BACK TO THE BALL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My theory is that Robbie habitually quits on routes and it’s screwing with Darnold’s confidence and that’s why Gase singled him out.

Yay we agree on something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I think Gase is a good coach.  He just hasnt had enough talent to prove it.   He won a lot of games with mediocre to crap QB play.  Give it time...

No weaponz!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell did you see the Saints game last night. Ted Ginn Jr goes up and gets the ball with authority. 

Robbie Anderson is a homeless man’s Ted Ginn Jr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell did you see the Saints game last night. Ted Ginn Jr goes up and gets the ball with authority. 

Ginns first 4 yrs he had a total of 6 TDs. Robby has 15 and JUST STARTED his 4th year. So mofe than 200% Ted production w/ 25% less playing time. Ginn also has had 6 more years to IMPROVE. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Robbie Anderson is a homeless man’s Ted Ginn Jr.

PLease splain how 5 Tds in 3 yrs is better than 15?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

PLease splain how 5 Tds in 3 yrs is better than 15?

If Ginn was top target in NO with Bilall Powell as their top back, he’d have 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PLease go back to the tape and explain to me how Robby effed up the 2 conescutove throws on the opening drive in the 3q? 

1st is a wide open 13 yrd out in the dirt. 

2nd is a corssing route sailed 2 yds over his head that is a TD if on target.

No pressure on either.

Robby is hurting Sams confidence by continually giving up on routes?? ******* waaaah! That's some baby sh*t.

 What dont you blame his granpa for not toughening up enough to be the ******* marlboro man, ffs.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Ginn was top target in NO with Bilall Powell as their top back, he’d have 30.

HOF QB most accurate passer in NFL hx in NO. We have a 2nd yr guy who threw more INTS than TDs last yr. 

I get it now,  5 IS MORE than 15 in your world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...