The play that had Adam Gase mad at Roby Anderson

Jetsbb

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Why don’t you try to actually discuss the opinion I plainly stated?

you said Robb is a homeless man;s Ginn.

yet Robb has more than 3x more TDs in his first three years. 

and Ginn had 4 TDs in his only full year w/ a HOF QB.

anyway...    Robb will be in the NFL for years to come. barring catastrophic injury.

There were 4 poetntial TDs that didnt happen...   MOSTLY on Sam, imo.

go back to the third Q and tell; me why Sam missed him on that crossing route...

the whole stadium OOOOHED.  he keeps doing that? They'll boo.

8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You mean 2 seconds after he beat his man did Darnold finally release the pass. The defender was beat the moment Robby got even with him. The defender wasnt even in a backpedal. 

I dont need to lie about a video that is clearly here for everyone to see. Go back and look at the timestamps I mentioned relative to when Robby got even with his man and when Darnold finally threw the ball. 

I dont think Darnold is fragile at all, but I clearly see the excuses starting for a guy we're quick to call a franchise guy. Well, lets hold him to that standard and not coddle him

Exactly!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sam Darnold had Robby Anderson twice on the Jets' last drive.

First, Darnold underthrew off backpedal and Anderson waited instead of coming back to ball.

I said this yesterday  fundamental football QB in trouble COME BACK TO THE BALL. 

Neither play was Darnold in trouble. Darnold backpedaling and throwing while drifting was unnecessary as he had space to set himself for the throw. Also, on that play Robby made a complete stop to get the ball. The dude runs like a 4.3, you expect him to stop and double back on a time? It's not like he just kept running. He did everything he could on the underthrow and would have caught it had the defender that he left 10 yards behind him wasnt able to affect the play. 

And the 2nd pass Darnold waited too long to pass and then overthrew him. Once again with no pressure int he pocket. 

Sam Darnold was in no trouble or danger on those plays. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sam Darnold had Robby Anderson twice on the Jets' last drive.

First, Darnold underthrew off backpedal and Anderson waited instead of coming back to ball.

I said this yesterday  fundamental football QB in trouble COME BACK TO THE BALL. 

how fast can you put your car into reverse AND ACTAULLY GO BACKWARD when you are going 25 mph?

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You mean 2 seconds after he beat his man did Darnold finally release the pass. The defender was beat the moment Robby got even with him. The defender wasnt even in a backpedal. 

I dont need to lie about a video that is clearly here for everyone to see. Go back and look at the timestamps I mentioned relative to when Robby got even with his man and when Darnold finally threw the ball. 

I dont think Darnold is fragile at all, but I clearly see the excuses starting for a guy we're quick to call a franchise guy. Well, lets hold him to that standard and not coddle him

it really doesn't matter when Darnold throws the ball in Robby's route.  It's a timing route.  Sam is throwing to a spot where he expects Robby to be, based on countless practice reps.

If Robby stutter steps, stumbles or even slightly slows down the ball is going to be overthrown.  He missed him by a couple of yards or less than a second in Robby's sprint/route.

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

it really doesn't matter when Darnold throws the ball in Robby's route.  It's a timing route.  Sam is throwing to a spot where he expects Robby to be, based on countless practice reps.

If Robby stutter steps, stumbles or even slightly slows down the ball is going to be overthrown.  He missed him by a couple of yards or less than a second in Robby's sprint/route.

Sure. 

21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase isn't going to put up with Robby Andersons antics. Book it. 

Maybe Robby won't put up with Gase's antics either. Only a few more dink and dunk games before the locker room grumblings start. Robby threw Bates under the bus quickly.

Maybe Robby won't put up with Gase's antics either. Only a few more dink and dunk games before the locker room grumblings start. Robby threw Bates under the bus quickly.

The Jets WR coaches don’t seem to be pushovers. I’m a big fan of Robby but I’m sure he had a bad Monday at one jets drive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

you say it doesn't matter when and it's about timing    shrug 

The point I was referencing was his initial post where he was saying it didn't matter because Robby slowed down before he beat the receiver.  basically saying because Sam threw the ball after he slowed down then the ball should be accurate.

The point I was making is Sam is throwing to a spot - that spot is predetermined before the play even starts.  

Shrug!