Jump to content
Jetsbb

The play that had Adam Gase mad at Roby Anderson

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I get it now,  5 IS MORE than 15 in your world. 

Why don’t you try to actually discuss the opinion I plainly stated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

Why don’t you try to actually discuss the opinion I plainly stated?

you said Robb is a homeless man;s Ginn.

yet Robb has more than 3x more TDs in his first three years. 

and Ginn had 4 TDs in his only full year w/ a HOF QB.

anyway...    Robb will be in the NFL for years to come. barring catastrophic injury.

There were 4 poetntial TDs that didnt happen...   MOSTLY on Sam, imo.

go back to the third Q and tell; me why Sam missed him on that crossing route...

the whole stadium OOOOHED.  he keeps doing that? They'll boo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Robbys days are numbered as a NY Jet

100% he gets picked up.

FOr me, it's just a good story, UDFA an all....

Sam needsa make those throws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

100% he gets picked up.

FOr me, it's just a good story, UDFA an all....

Sam needsa make those throws.

He will be traded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He will be traded. 

i'd love to hear the WR coahc and Hines Ward opinion on these throws/INCS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

Saw that, but he dogged it too on that route for a good five to ten yards after the stumble.

I always ran even faster when I  way open deep and looked back and still waiting for the QB to throw the ball, bu t thats just me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You mean 2 seconds after he beat his man did Darnold finally release the pass. The defender was beat the moment Robby got even with him. The defender wasnt even in a backpedal. 

I dont need to lie about a video that is clearly here for everyone to see. Go back and look at the timestamps I mentioned relative to when Robby got even with his man and when Darnold finally threw the ball. 

 

I dont think Darnold is fragile at all, but I clearly see the excuses starting for a guy we're quick to call a franchise guy. Well, lets hold him to that standard and not coddle him

Exactly!

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

I always ran even faster when I  way open deep and looked back and still waiting for the QB to throw the ball, bu t thats just me....

You might if you wanted to beat the safety. Particularly if the QB then overthrew you. Apparently he needed to also... It isn't like Sam under threw the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
 

Sam Darnold had Robby Anderson twice on the Jets' last drive.

First, Darnold underthrew off backpedal and Anderson waited instead of coming back to ball.

 

I said this yesterday  fundamental football QB in trouble COME BACK TO THE BALL. 

Neither play was Darnold in trouble. Darnold backpedaling and throwing while drifting was unnecessary as he had space to set himself for the throw. Also, on that play Robby made a complete stop to get the ball. The dude runs like a 4.3, you expect him to stop and double back on a time? It's not like he just kept running. He did everything he could on the underthrow and would have caught it had the defender that he left 10 yards behind him wasnt able to affect the play. 

And the 2nd pass Darnold waited too long to pass and then overthrew him. Once again with no pressure int he pocket. 

 

Sam Darnold was in no trouble or danger on those plays. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure Hines Ward chimed in here. Robby was obviously targeted in this game and came up small on two occasions that were TD’s. Again the incompletion in the EZ, where he didn’t jump ball it is unacceptable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.

Sam could have thrown it better....true

Was it catchable? Yes.

Did Robby quit? Maybe.  He looked like he just gave up a second earlier in a crucial moment in the game instead of going full tilt for the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
 

Sam Darnold had Robby Anderson twice on the Jets' last drive.

First, Darnold underthrew off backpedal and Anderson waited instead of coming back to ball.

 

I said this yesterday  fundamental football QB in trouble COME BACK TO THE BALL. 

how fast can you put your car into reverse AND ACTAULLY GO BACKWARD when you are going 25 mph?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You mean 2 seconds after he beat his man did Darnold finally release the pass. The defender was beat the moment Robby got even with him. The defender wasnt even in a backpedal. 

I dont need to lie about a video that is clearly here for everyone to see. Go back and look at the timestamps I mentioned relative to when Robby got even with his man and when Darnold finally threw the ball. 

 

I dont think Darnold is fragile at all, but I clearly see the excuses starting for a guy we're quick to call a franchise guy. Well, lets hold him to that standard and not coddle him

it really doesn't matter when Darnold throws the ball in Robby's route.  It's a timing route.  Sam is throwing to a spot where he expects Robby to be, based on countless practice reps.

If Robby stutter steps, stumbles or even slightly slows down the ball is going to be overthrown.  He missed him by a couple of yards or less than a second in Robby's sprint/route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

how fast can you put your car into reverse AND ACTAULLY GO BACKWARD when you are going 25 mph?

He quit on many routes from what I saw. Anytime you see a WR standing watching the play isn't a good sign in my book. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

it really doesn't matter when Darnold throws the ball in Robby's route.  It's a timing route.

hey mr. debate team dropout!! well played

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

it really doesn't matter when Darnold throws the ball in Robby's route.  It's a timing route.  Sam is throwing to a spot where he expects Robby to be, based on countless practice reps.

If Robby stutter steps, stumbles or even slightly slows down the ball is going to be overthrown.  He missed him by a couple of yards or less than a second in Robby's sprint/route.

Sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase isn't going to put up with Robby Andersons antics. Book it. 

Maybe Robby won't put up with Gase's antics either. Only a few more dink and dunk games before the locker room grumblings start. Robby threw Bates under the bus quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

hey mr. debate team dropout!! well played

 

Are you making a bad joke or do you honestly not understand the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe Robby won't put up with Gase's antics either. Only a few more dink and dunk games before the locker room grumblings start. Robby threw Bates under the bus quickly.
Robby is a WR4 that is the only truth here

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe Robby won't put up with Gase's antics either. Only a few more dink and dunk games before the locker room grumblings start. Robby threw Bates under the bus quickly.


The Jets WR coaches don’t seem to be pushovers. I’m a big fan of Robby but I’m sure he had a bad Monday at one jets drive...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you making a bad joke or do you honestly not understand the point?

you say it doesn't matter when and it's about timing    shrug 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

you say it doesn't matter when and it's about timing    shrug 

The point I was referencing was his initial post where he was saying it didn't matter because Robby slowed down before he beat the receiver.  basically saying because Sam threw the ball after he slowed down then the ball should be accurate.

The point I was making is Sam is throwing to a spot - that spot is predetermined before the play even starts.  

Shrug!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...