What is JD Doing?

Skeptable

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you actually going to compare a guy that plays on 100% of the offensive snaps to guy that plays maybe 6 a game  as far as what kind of shape they need to be in?

Absolutely.  Because at least when it comes to the C position, there's theoretically more than one on the team that can do the job.  If Jonatthan Harrison weren't hot garbage, this wouldn't even be a discussion right now.  Kalil's signing, and his status as starting C, is a direct result of our previous GM not finding a capable replacement for Nick Mangold despite several offseasons to do so.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

The whole group, save for Crowder, needs to be overhauled at the end of the season.

Anderson is essentially Donte Stallworth. A one dimensional deep threat who is best suited as a #4 guy who you can bring in for 5-6 plays a game and tell him to run go-routes.

I'll go with Robbie is a good #3 WR ... (Dedrick Wrd)

Crowder is a very good #2  WR - (Wayne Chriebet)

Herndon should help

We still need the solid (doesn't have to be spectacular) #1 WR - (Keyshaun Johnson)

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

Herndon should help

We still need the solid (doesn't have to be spectacular) #1 WR - (Keyshaun Johnson)

Anderson will want to be paid like a WR1, so it won't be helpful that he's a good WR3 for long.

Crowder is the slot guy, not the WR2.  

So like you say, we'll need someone on the outside across from Enunwa.  But we'll also need someone to upgrade from Enunwa as well.  So we may need TWO new starting receivers over the next 1-2 offseasons.  

This is how who starts works in pro sports. The guy who has the bigger contract usually starts unless he is injured. Look how long it took for Long to get benched. 

You are freaking out of you mind if you actually think Jankowski  can't  walk on the field a few minutes a game and kick a football and drink Gatorade the rest of the time. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

No way haha. Give the guy a chance. Only crazy people want constant change and disorder. Joe Douglas messed up the kicker situation after Catanzarro retired out of nowhere but my god, that’s way too short of a leash. This year was not a playoff year and he will prove his worth if he fixes these glaring mistakes. It takes time. 

I don't want change I just want a good laugh ALL IN FUN 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ljr said:

Herndon should help

We should have signed Tyrell Williams but noooooo - Macc the wack

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

Herndon should help

Robbie was wide open twice, on what could have been two touchdowns. Darnold missed him badly twice. Thought Gase was going to use Anderson in a variety of ways. He sure didn't Sunday.

3 minutes ago, genot said:

There's nothing wrong with me. I hit the s key twice and posted. That's neither here nor there. I've been hearing this don't trade away draft capital for 8 years. Im sick of it. What evidence do you have that Douglas is some sort of draft wiz, who'll transform this roster, do to his brilliant talent evaluation. Based on your argument, and others, we should have never wasted money on anybody this off season, because they were signing with a team that had no chance of competing.

You spelled it wrong 4 or so times in this thread and multiple times before.  Forgive me for thinking it might have been intentional.

I have 0 evidence that Douglas is some "sort of draft wiz."  But, why should that change the appropriate strategy?  I had a lot of evidence that Macc was the NFL's worst drafting GM, and I didn't want him to trade away draft capital.

Free agents are a different story, as you don't give up picks for them.  That said, no, I wouldn't have signed CJ Mosely or Leveon Bell.  Not just because we weren't competing for a championship this year, but because RBs and ILBs aren't positions to invest heavily in.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is how who starts works in pro sports. The guy who has the bigger contract usually starts unless he is injured. Look how long it took for Long to get benched. 

You are freaking out of you mind if you actually think Jankowski  can't  walk on the field a few minutes a game and kick a football and drink Gatorade the rest of the time. 

I'm sure he can.  But when you're a 40+ kicker who just retired, the concern is that you can't kick 50+ yard FG's and also can't handle kickoff duties effectively.  Over his last 2 seasons, Janikowski is just 6-13 (46 %) from 50+.  

Certainly Janikowski would be an upgrade because he can make XP's consistently (94+ % over his last 2 seasons), but when you play in an outdoor, cold-weather stadium you need a big leg.  Hence why we gave it a shot with Vedvik.  

30 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No they haven't... No team has ever won the superbowl with a QB making top 5 in Money in the last 30 years. So no 

Brady is paid top $ under the table to TB12

just another on the long list of ways they cheat

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely.  Because at least when it comes to the C position, there's theoretically more than one on the team that can do the job.  If Jonatthan Harrison weren't hot garbage, this wouldn't even be a discussion right now.  Kalil's signing, and his status as starting C, is a direct result of our previous GM not finding a capable replacement for Nick Mangold despite several offseasons to do so.  

If Harrison played Sunday, we wouldn't have had the problems we had against the Bills. Well. Not as much of a problem.

24 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

And the way to do this is by mortgaging the future via trading away the ability to add young talent, with the hope that we can turn this 4 win season into a 7 win season?

No.  No more trading away resources for bandaids.

Stop being the worst team in the league in the draft and we'll perform better.  That's it.  That's the whole strategy.

Always always... next year... next coach... next QB... next GM... next next next... Losers mentality....  

Just now, genot said:

If Harrison played Sunday, we wouldn't have had the problems we had against the Bills. Well. Not as much of a problem.

And you know this how?  Are you the one watching the Centers perform in practice?  Recall that this is a completely different system than the one we were running last year.  If Harrison wasn't making proper pre-snap judgments in practice, it became a risk trotting him out there as the unquestioned starter.  

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Always always... next year... next coach... next QB... next GM... next next next... Losers mentality....  

A winners mentality, in your view, is a guy who has 10/4 off-suit and goes all-in.

You should really change your username.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

You keep repeating this.  It doesn't apply to what EY is saying. 

The biggest part of a GM's job is planning for the long-term health of the franchise.  Trading away future assets for short-term and short-sighted results is much more of a losers mentality than what you're saying.  It would suggest he doesn't trust in his own capabilities.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

The biggest part of a GM's job is planning for the long-term health of the franchise.  Trading away future assets for short-term and short-sighted results is much more of a losers mentality than what you're saying It would suggest he doesn't trust in his own capabilities.  

People are really going to bug the **** out when we have to play teams without a QB who'll spot us 4 turnovers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

A winners mentality, in your view, is a guy who has 10/4 off-suit and goes all-in.

You should really change your username.

No, not at all... You are being extreme.. nobody said all in except you... I am saying make some moves because they need players in here beyond the starters... if no starters get hurt this is still a 10 win team.

Speculation... Maybe Tom just takes less money because he wants to win... and he doesn't need 40 Mil a year and 20 Mil is enough.

still the team is circumventing the cap

players association should have field day with Brady's on the books salary .... instead, not a peep

people who run this league make me sick

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The biggest part of a GM's job is planning for the long-term health of the franchise.  Trading away future assets for short-term and short-sighted results is much more of a losers mentality than what you're saying.  It would suggest he doesn't trust in his own capabilities.  

Depends on what you are trading for and who you are trading for. This isn't one-dimensional like you make it seem

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Well then that makes this decision  even worse

we'll see eventually...    if your gonna compare 16 games of spencer/harrikson against a 5 time probowler who hasnt practiced at all and has only played 1 game...

still no excuse to just make up fake sh*t up about how the dude retired out of pure ignorance

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ljr said:

still the team is circumventing the cap

players association should have field day with Brady's on the books salary .... instead, not a peep

people who run this league make me sick

Every player has the opportunity to take less money. It is their choice. So you cannot blame a person for not forcing top dollars out of an organization if they don't feel they need it.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah go ahead and believe that.  He's just a saint of a person and doesn't like money, I'm sure.  

There may be some truth to that.

Unquestionably, the Pats are circumventing the cap by using his snake-oil nutrition company.  But, between his wife's net worth, and the fact that Brady's earning's potential is greater anyway by winning, then by a few million more from the Pats, he's actually smart to do what he's doing, with or without the side payments.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

No, not at all... You are being extreme.. nobody said all in except you... I am saying make some moves because they need players in here beyond the starters... if no starters get hurt this is still a 10 win team.

No, it's not.  Not at all.

You do realize those building in Vegas keep getting taller for a reason.  They put us at 7.5 wins.  That's about right.  After failing to win on Sunday despite getting spotted a 16-0 lead on turnovers, we look closer to 6-10 than 10-6.  Have you seen the upcoming schedule?

And injuries are part of the game.  You can't assume all starters will stay healthy.  It's baked into the equation that players will get hurt.  Le'Veon Bell hasn't played a full 16-game season since 2014.  What happens if/when he goes down?  

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You spelled it wrong 4 or so times in this thread and multiple times before.  Forgive me for thinking it might have been intentional.

I have 0 evidence that Douglas is some "sort of draft wiz."  But, why should that change the appropriate strategy?  I had a lot of evidence that Macc was the NFL's worst drafting GM, and I didn't want him to trade away draft capital.

Free agents are a different story, as you don't give up picks for them.  That said, no, I wouldn't have signed CJ Mosely or Leveon Bell.  Not just because we weren't competing for a championship this year, but because RBs and ILBs aren't positions to invest heavily in.

This isn't rocket science. You identify positions of weakness and you do what you need to do to fill those positions. As long as your not getting ripped off. Mac tried to trade for Mac. The price was too high. two 1st rounders, i believe. I'm not giving up on this season. I see a defense that desperately needs a #1 corner. We desperately need a competent field goal kicker. Hit the phones, and work something out. That's his job. That Dougalsss guy.

Depends on what you are trading for and who you are trading for. This isn't one-dimensional like you make it seem

Anything we try to trade for of significance will require a heavy price-tag.  No one is looking to just dump players right now if they can avoid it, especially as injuries start to pile up. 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

There may be some truth to that.

Unquestionably, the Pats are circumventing the cap by using his snake-oil nutrition company.  But, between his wife's net worth, and the fact that Brady's earning's potential is greater anyway by winning, then by a few million more from the Pats, he's actually smart to do what he's doing, with or without the side payments.

Exactly... Whether he has deals on the side or not... would you like to make 40 Million a year and have to play with the montcriefs of the league or play for 20 and get AB and Gordon