Jump to content
Skeptable

What is JD Doing?

Recommended Posts

Just now, kevinc855 said:

I got 10 butt fumbles for questions the holy mighty JD. He’s been a scrub so far to me early or not 

How many butt fumbles are you going for now?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

How many butt fumbles are you going for now?

I will always question irrational group think 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

In all fairness to JD. 

JD came in after the draft.

All he has to pick from are UDFA’s, players released from other teams, and has beens who are no longer playing. (Not many good choices)

Douglas has only been here a few months. I believe he’s currently playing the hand he’s dealt. 

Guys if you notice most teams that are contenders have long established coaching and GM positions in their organization. The Jets have been a revolving door everywhere in the organization. 

Most TOP contenders have relatively solid O-lines. I believe this to be critical in having a high powered offensive. Not Rocket science to acknowledge that.

It’s only one game and I personally can’t make any solid judgement on this new coaching staff and GM yet. 

Schedule is tough after the Browns so I’m less hopeful than I was about the Jets prior to the home opener. 

Seems apparent to me that the Jets will need a couple more years with the new regime to get to the promised land. Not sure how long G Williams will stay but I like him. 

Jets are still missing some major pieces to the O and D to be contenders....and most of us knew that.

 

Nobody expected him to bring in pro bowl talent, but getting players that can minimally  do their job should be expected.  Getting a kicker who can kick a freaking PA is not asking too much. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You know what, I am sick of hearing how this mess is all on Mac. He is gone. You can't  tell me that JD couldn't  even fix the kicker situation and went out and put just about the worst C currently starting in the league on this team because of Mac. Is it so freaking hard to find players who can minimally look competent? I mean I was literally watching rushers come right over the middle like or C was just standing there taking tickets to the QB. 

I saw some of that too, he might be done, lets see next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone complains about our scrap heap signings in Vedvik and Kalil. Want more from scrap heap.

This f*cking place. Can we give Douglas one off-season first before sh*tting on him?

There are a lot of terrible players currently with teams. There's a reason these ones aren't.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Nobody expected him to bring in pro bowl talent, but getting players that can minimally  do their job should be expected.  Getting a kicker who can kick a freaking PA is not asking too much. 

He is most likely doing this on purpose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Only problem I see then is youre talking to a forum full of dildos.  LOL

I think this pair,[Gase and Douglass], don't deserve any honeymoon period, considering how this pair came into existence here. This has Nothing to do with Mac, or the job he did as GM, it has to do with how he was let go and under what circumstances. I don't think, we really know the answers to that. Probably never will. Not to toot my own horn here, but i've been saying this for months. Im not judging anything on one game. That would be ridiculous. I am concerned though, considering Gase's past history with MANY of his players in Miami.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That is a crock. The team loaded up. Mosely, Crowder, Bell, the the OL whose  name I can't  spell. This wasn't  supposed to be a lost season unless Gase was such a horrible hire, his ineptness trumps all of that. Yeah, my opinion on Gase has dropped considerably. It would be nice to see this freaking O prepared for once. 

At this point any big moves cost the Jets either a draft pick and/or cap space that can be used next year.  JD knows this team is not making the playoffs next year, so he is saving those resources.

Yes, the big contracts for Bell, Mosely and Crowder indicated that Mac was trying to win this year, because he had to.   Those were not great signings strategically.  Everything done before JD is old news.

The hope is that those three players, plus others, can be the core for a Jets team that starting in 2020 can make noise.   Yes, the Bills this year can maybe make noise, but once Josh Allen is not any good.  Once the Jets fix their easy to fix problems next year they beat the Bills.  

I have questioned why the Jets are paying certain players this year to be on the team, when we know they will not be on the team next year.  I would send Leo to any team that takes his contract.   McClendon is a role model so he stays.  Trumaine is too expensive to cut this year.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, varjet said:

At this point any big moves cost the Jets either a draft pick and/or cap space that can be used next year.  JD knows this team is not making the playoffs next year, so he is saving those resources.

Yes, the big contracts for Bell, Mosely and Crowder indicated that Mac was trying to win this year, because he had to.   Those were not great signings strategically.  Everything done before JD is old news.

The hope is that those three players, plus others, can be the core for a Jets team that starting in 2020 can make noise.   Yes, the Bills this year can maybe make noise, but once Josh Allen is not any good.  Once the Jets fix their easy to fix problems next year they beat the Bills.  

I have questioned why the Jets are paying certain players this year to be on the team, when we know they will not be on the team next year.  I would send Leo to any team that takes his contract.   McClendon is a role model so he stays.  Trumaine is too expensive to cut this year.  

Can I ask jet fans like you when do we actually play to win? You guys have been on this forum for a decade taking about the “next year” 

its a losers mentality 

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

He is most likely doing this on purpose?

No, I don't  think he is putting guys on the team that he knows are going to fail, but there were better choices. I wanted the Jets to pick up Jankowski.  He isn't  great anymore and he will miss some but her would have made both kicks that turd missed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

In all fairness to JD. 

JD came in after the draft.

All he has to pick from are UDFA’s, players released from other teams, and has beens who are no longer playing. (Not many good choices)

Douglas has only been here a few months. I believe he’s currently playing the hand he’s dealt. 

Guys if you notice most teams that are contenders have long established coaching and GM positions in their organization. The Jets have been a revolving door everywhere in the organization. 

Most TOP contenders have relatively solid O-lines. I believe this to be critical in having a high powered offensive. Not Rocket science to acknowledge that.

It’s only one game and I personally can’t make any solid judgement on this new coaching staff and GM yet. 

Schedule is tough after the Browns so I’m less hopeful than I was about the Jets prior to the home opener. 

Seems apparent to me that the Jets will need a couple more years with the new regime to get to the promised land. Not sure how long G Williams will stay but I like him. 

Jets are still missing some major pieces to the O and D to be contenders....and most of us knew that.

 

This. Imagine the stress of inheriting this current situation as your FIRST GM job. 

Chris Johnson deserves the blame in not making this decision MONTHS earlier. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, varjet said:

At this point any big moves cost the Jets either a draft pick and/or cap space that can be used next year.  JD knows this team is not making the playoffs next year, so he is saving those resources.

Yes, the big contracts for Bell, Mosely and Crowder indicated that Mac was trying to win this year, because he had to.   Those were not great signings strategically.  Everything done before JD is old news.

The hope is that those three players, plus others, can be the core for a Jets team that starting in 2020 can make noise.   Yes, the Bills this year can maybe make noise, but once Josh Allen is not any good.  Once the Jets fix their easy to fix problems next year they beat the Bills.  

I have questioned why the Jets are paying certain players this year to be on the team, when we know they will not be on the team next year.  I would send Leo to any team that takes his contract.   McClendon is a role model so he stays.  Trumaine is too expensive to cut this year.  

All this doesn't  excuse him from looking like he doesn't  know how to do his job. I can bring myself to excuse the Kicker fiasco even though I could have picked a better kicker with who was available  but to talk a guy off the couch in the middle of camp to play a key role on the OL, wtf was he thinking?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

No, I don't  think he is putting guys on the team that he knows are going to fail, but there were better choices. I wanted the Jets to pick up Jankowski.  He isn't  great anymore and he will miss some but her would have made both kicks that turd missed. 

How do any of us know that? We need to find a kicker that will be around, however, finding one with more than a pulse seems to be a big problem. Did David Akers have a kid, JD?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Asshat?

That’s a bit harsh. 

 

Get used to it, that is all you get around here with all of the internet tough guys, and why I rarely post anything here anymore. I am not going to waste what little life I have left bickering with strangers in a place where I am supposed to be able to post my opinions freely without being eviscerated every 5 minutes.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Get used to it, that is all you get around here with all of the internet tough guys, and why I rarely post anything here anymore. I am not going to waste what little life I have left bickering with strangers in a place where I am supposed to be able to post my opinions freely without being eviscerated every 5 minutes.

I agree. But your rational voice is missed by majority of the Jets fans who don't need "chill pills" after a one point loss. Waiting for the attack.....

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I know this because he was making long FG last season. 

So where is he, does he want to play? Did JD contact him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, varjet said:

At this point any big moves cost the Jets either a draft pick and/or cap space that can be used next year.  JD knows this team is not making the playoffs next year, so he is saving those resources.

Yes, the big contracts for Bell, Mosely and Crowder indicated that Mac was trying to win this year, because he had to.   Those were not great signings strategically.  Everything done before JD is old news.

The hope is that those three players, plus others, can be the core for a Jets team that starting in 2020 can make noise.   Yes, the Bills this year can maybe make noise, but once Josh Allen is not any good.  Once the Jets fix their easy to fix problems next year they beat the Bills.  

I have questioned why the Jets are paying certain players this year to be on the team, when we know they will not be on the team next year.  I would send Leo to any team that takes his contract.   McClendon is a role model so he stays.  Trumaine is too expensive to cut this year.  

I agree that considering what has gone on in NE over the past week, nobody in the NFL will ever win another SB besides them, granted, but now you have us not even making the playoffs NEXT YEAR? So in your opinion, when is the first time Met Life will host a Jet playoff game, 2075?

Then why bother with any of this? Why bother going to the games? Why bother watching the games? This constant acceptance of losing is mind boggling, it really is.

I feel my sugars rising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JD is still trying to get the coffee stains out of the carpet. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Get used to it, that is all you get around here with all of the internet tough guys, and why I rarely post anything here anymore. I am not going to waste what little life I have left bickering with strangers in a place where I am supposed to be able to post my opinions freely without being eviscerated every 5 minutes.

Meh. I got told to “eat dick with class” by another adult (?) poster here.

I can do asshat standing on my head. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peace Frog said:

Meh. I got told to “eat dick with class” by another adult (?) poster here.

I can do asshat standing on my head. 

ATM

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You know what, I am sick of hearing how this mess is all on Mac. He is gone. 

Yeah yeah buddy.  I get it.  You've been on team Macc all offseason long.  Now that the team looks terrible on the field you're ready to transfer the blame to the new GM whose pickings have been the trash on the streets.  

Macc's solutions at C since Mangold retired have been trash.  Exactly what HOF Center was Douglas supposed to find to upgrade over the great Jonathan Harrison?  The Kalil signing was fine.  The fact that the previous choice at C was trash is not on him.  The blame falls on the same guy who gave big money to Spencer Long, who couldn't even execute a snap properly.  

As for Kicker, like I said, we weren't the only franchise to be enamored with Vedvik's leg strength.  A big leg matters when you're playing in a cold weather outdoor stadium.  Rather than signing an ancient Matt Bryant (whose team didn't even attempt a kick on Sunday, and who as @#27TheDominator pointed out can't handle kickoff duties), he went after a guy with a big leg, who the Vikings coughed up a 5th round pick to get.  

But go ahead, blame the GM who has yet to have an offseason rather than faulting the GM who put the entire roster into a tailspin in his 5 years here.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Can I ask jet fans like you when do we actually play to win? You guys have been on this forum for a decade taking about the “next year” 

its a losers mentality 

I wish it were only a “loser’s mentality” but it’s being realistic based on atrocious drafting and FA for the better part of 10 years. You can’t just “hope” or “want” to win and think that’s enough. Building a successful team involves foresight and a plan which we have not had for literally 10 years.

It’s not going to be fixed overnight and we are stuck always playing for next year because that’s the mess we’ve been in. There is finally some hope with a potential franchise QB on a rookie deal and a new coach and GM. Let’s at least give them 1 offseason to try and fix glaring holes/mistakes before we pressure them to “win now” and fix all the issues in 1 shot.

Douglas hasn’t even had a draft or FA. Let’s get behind our coach and GM but let them earn it before praising or bashing them. It’s not that difficult to understand. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That is a crock. The team loaded up. Mosely, Crowder, Bell, the the OL whose  name I can't  spell. This wasn't  supposed to be a lost season unless Gase was such a horrible hire, his ineptness trumps all of that. Yeah, my opinion on Gase has dropped considerably. It would be nice to see this freaking O prepared for once. 

Anyone can spend money on proven FA's.  Because Macc sucked for 5 straight drafts, there's no one behind them.  The minute Mosley got hurt, the defense pissed itself down its own leg.  

And btw, Osemele sucked on Sunday.  

You and @Pac should go create a Maccagnan fanclub page.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah yeah buddy.  I get it.  You've been on team Macc all offseason long.  Now that the team looks terrible on the field you're ready to transfer the blame to the GM whose pickings are the trash on the streets.  

Macc's solutions at C since Mangold retired have been trash.  Exactly what HOF Center was Douglas supposed to find to upgrade over the great Jonathan Harrison?  The Kalil signing was fine.  The fact that the previous choice at C was trash is not on him.  

As for Kicker, like I said, we weren't the only franchise to be enamored with his leg strength.  Rather than signing an ancient Matt Bryant (whose team didn't even attempt a kick on Sunday), he went after a guy with a big leg, who the Vikings coughed up a 5th round pick to get.  

But go ahead, blame the GM who has yet to have an offseason rather than faulting the GM who put the entire roster into a tailspin in his 5 years here.  

Is it Mac's fault Cantazzaro retired. Or Barr reneged on a Fa deal with the Jet's. Barr was a key to the Jet's off season plan's in free agency. Make no mistake about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I wish it were only a “loser’s mentality” but it’s being realistic based on atrocious drafting and FA for the better part of 10 years. You can’t just “hope” or “want” to win and think that’s enough. Building a successful team involves foresight and a plan which we have not had for literally 10 years.

It’s not going to be fixed overnight and we are stuck always playing for next year because that’s the mess we’ve been in. There is finally some hope with a potential franchise QB on a rookie deal and a new coach and GM. Let’s at least give them 1 offseason to try and fix glaring holes/mistakes before we pressure them to “win now” and fix all the issues in 1 shot.

Douglas hasn’t even had a draft or FA. Let’s get behind our coach and GM but let them earn it before praising or bashing them. It’s not that difficult to understand. 

There's not much to fix. You think so. Fine. i don't.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, genot said:

Is it Mac's fault Cantazzaro retired. Or Barr reneged on a Fa deal with the Jet's. Barr was a key to the Jet's off season plan's in free agency. Make no mistake about it.

It's Macc's fault that the entire roster behind Bell, Mosley, Crowder and Darnold absolutely blows.  Whatever little excuses you want to make for the terrible job he did here don't fly.  And transferring the blame to the new GM, while predictable, is rather disgusting.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Because when we look at the list of unemployed football players out there all the answers to our needs are sitting out there.  

Theres a playoff team of available players who JD should have brought in to have won our first game.  

Do you think that other organizations after a loss like that, seeing the inept ability for the defense to hold up after one player goes down or has a kicker that can't make a extra point wouldn't be trying out LBs and Kickers? 

This mess started with Mac, but 3+ months later and here we are... No kicker... and a defense that can't function without its highest priced FA.

Not to mention the fact that WR were running bad routes, and couldn't get open.

And a C that was a revolving door all night... 

Put people on notice. 

Don't let this be acceptable. 

The attitude of the whole organization needs to change or the Jets will be losers forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, genot said:

There's not much to fix. You think so. Fine. i don't.

You're right, the roster is awesome.  Great job Macc.  

#Delusional

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

So where is he, does he want to play? Did JD contact him? 

Apparently  not, that's why we had the turd. He is still retired right now. Strange he thought it was a good idea to drag a C out of retirement but not a kicker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...