What is JD Doing?

Skeptable

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's Macc's fault that the entire roster behind Bell, Mosley, Crowder and Darnold absolutely blows.  Whatever little excuses you want to make for the terrible job he did here don't fly.  And transferring the blame to the new GM, while predictable, is rather disgusting.  

No but NE just traded 3 draft picks for depth at OL... The fact that you are ignoring that there are moves happening in the NFL around the Jets to make their teams better. 

And it isn't about signing the FAs... its about how if these players make mistakes like that, then they are going to bring in multiple people to compete to try to replace you. Belichik and Parcells were notorious for that... you have a bad game and they have 5 players trying out for your position the next week.

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No but NE just traded 3 draft picks for depth at OL... The fact that you are ignoring that there are moves happening in the NFL around the Jets to make their teams better. 

And it isn't about signing the FAs... its about how if these players make mistakes like that, then they are going to bring in multiple people to compete to try to replace you. Belichik and Parcells were notorious for that... you have a bad game and they have 5 players trying out for your position the next week.

We have no business trading draft picks right now.  We desperately need those picks.  

And let's let Douglas and Gase see what they have before worrying about accountability just yet.  You would think the team got the message when they moved Darron Lee for a 6th rounder and cut Jachai Polite.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah yeah buddy.  I get it.  You've been on team Macc all offseason long.  Now that the team looks terrible on the field you're ready to transfer the blame to the new GM whose pickings have been the trash on the streets.  

Macc's solutions at C since Mangold retired have been trash.  Exactly what HOF Center was Douglas supposed to find to upgrade over the great Jonathan Harrison?  The Kalil signing was fine.  The fact that the previous choice at C was trash is not on him.  The blame falls on the same guy who gave big money to Spencer Long, who couldn't even execute a snap properly.  

As for Kicker, like I said, we weren't the only franchise to be enamored with Vedvik's leg strength.  A big leg matters when you're playing in a cold weather outdoor stadium.  Rather than signing an ancient Matt Bryant (whose team didn't even attempt a kick on Sunday, and who as @#27TheDominator pointed out can't handle kickoff duties), he went after a guy with a big leg, who the Vikings coughed up a 5th round pick to get.  

But go ahead, blame the GM who has yet to have an offseason rather than faulting the GM who put the entire roster into a tailspin in his 5 years here.  

I'm sorry I somehow find it unacceptable  to bring in a kicker that was cut by another team who a lot of people thought wasn't very good and to bring in a retired C who Panthers fans have been saying is washed up since he retired. He didn't  have to bring in pro bowlers, but getting kicker that can make a PA or a C that wouldn't  get Darnold killed would have been nice. Oh, Kahlil can snap in a shotgun formation, so there is that. All is well now. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Premium positions:

• Franchise QB:  Check (hopefully)
  • Franchise LT:  Not on roster
  • EDGE:  None on roster
  • CB1:  Not on roster
  • WR1/WR2:  Not on roster 

Additional key holes:

• LG
  • C
  • RG
  • RT
  • CB2
  • K

Other than all that.....how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

KO is solid... and between Beachum, Shell and Edoga... One of these should be solid

Center is a major problem making the Guards look worse. Kahil is not NFL ready

Trumaine could be a good CB2

But you are right on all the rest.

• Haha 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I'm sorry I somehow find it unacceptable  to bring in a kicker that was cut by another team who a lot of people thought wasn't very good and to bring in a retired C who Panthers fans have been saying is washed up since he retired. He didn't  have to bring in pro bowlers, but getting kicker that can make a PA or a C that wouldn't  get Darnold killed would have been nice. Oh, Kahlil can snap in a shotgun formation, so there is that. All is well now. 

What Pro Bowl K and C was out there to bring in at this stage of the offseason, exactly?  

Half the board yelled at me all offseason that Harrison was going to be the solution at Center.  Clearly not.  What happened there?  

If you're gonna complain at least provide alternatives.  

KO is solid... and between Beachum, Shell and Edoga... One of these should be solid

Osemele sucked on Sunday, as did the entire OL.  Beachum is a FA after the season.  Shell sucks.  Edoga is an unknown.  

The only current OL on the roster who is likely to be under contract here in 2021 is Edoga.  That's what happens when you don't value Offensive Line in the draft, and instead use your mid-rounders on guys like 26-year old project DT Nathan Shepherd.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We have no business trading draft picks right now.  We desperately need those picks.  

And let's let Douglas and Gase see what they have before worrying about accountability just yet.  You would think the team got the message when they moved Darron Lee for a 6th rounder and cut Jachai Polite.  

I disagree but I get your point... 

There is a losing culture that needs to be removed... 

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Correct.  He's not a CB1.  And he works best in a scheme where there's a pass rush and he can play press corner.  Here he has to play off of receivers because we don't have a pass rush and runs the risk of getting burned over the top.  

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone can spend money on proven FA's.  Because Macc sucked for 5 straight drafts, there's no one behind them.  The minute Mosley got hurt, the defense pissed itself down its own leg.  

And btw, Osemele sucked on Sunday.  

You and @Pac should go create a Maccagnan fanclub page.  

Sorry, I'm calling it as I see it. And I agree Mac was a horrible GM. Anyone who can draft Lee in first round, Hack in the second and wiff on ever skill position player he ever brought in except Herndon sucks. All I ever said was there were some good picks he made and I'm a Mac Fan Boy. Sorry I didn't  just outright hate him. 

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Center is a major problem making the Guards look worse. Kahil is not NFL ready

But you are right on all the rest.

I wouldn't hire any our OL to help move a couch, much less block.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

All I ever said was there were some good picks he made and I'm a Mac Fan Boy. Sorry I didn't  just outright hate him. 

No one ever said he didn't ever make a good pick.  But like...who cares?  Every broken clock is right twice a day.  Over a 5-year period he hit on far lower a % of his picks than any other GM.  That's been proven quantitatively many times here.  

When you can count his good picks on one hand over a 5-year period, he deserves your hatred.  He'll never be done counting the money he made to be terrible at his job .  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What Pro Bowl K and C was out there to bring in at this stage of the offseason, exactly?  

Half the board yelled at me all offseason that Harrison was going to be the solution at Center.  Clearly not.  What happened there?  

If you're gonna complain at least provide alternatives.  

What part of "He didn't  have to bring in pro bowlers" did you not understand?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So in your mind the Jets are at least 2-3 years away from playoffs... 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No but we have 2 kicker threads. Im taking the over 5 kicker threads by the time we sign 1 

I brought up kicker because well JD hasn't got one yet and it is Tuesday Week 2.  Should have had a K the first preseason game instead of a punting battle. 

Not impressed so far, but I would take literally anyone over MacSuck and Idzik before him. 

So in your mind the Jets are at least 2-3 years away from playoffs... 

I don't know how far we are from the playoffs.  I do think we're a long ways away from being a SB contender, which is all that matters. 

Find 1-2 EDGE rushers, a franchise LT and a couple other key pieces in the next 2 drafts and it'll shorten the time until we're ready to make that leap.  

20 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well we can agree to disagree. I think there is PLENTY to fix and holes at most of the impactful/important positions which are more difficult to fill. We will see. 

Just thinking about being a jet fan, and managing too stay away from psychiatric medication. If Barr, didn't renege,on the deal he had with us, if Cantazzaro didn't decide too retire, and Herndon didn't get wasted and get in an accident, this Bills game would have had a different result. Always something to screw things up. life as a Jet fan.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Just thinking about being a jet fan, and managing too stay away from psychiatric medication. If Barr, didn't renege,on the deal he had with us, if Cantazzaro didn't decide too retire, and Herndon didn't get wasted and get in an accident, this Bills game would have had a different result. Always something to screw things up. life as a Jet fan.

These unfortunate events compound with the other misses and it’s a very bad combination of bad luck and bad execution. It seems to “always be something”.