Gase: 8 Points for 8 Months as HC

JetsLife

I'm hoping that it was product of the game plan strictly (not a good one though obviously), to be conservative and let allen hand the game to us (which he did). This is a glass half full approach however. 

With mayfield i feel like he knows we have to me more high octane to match CLE in points. I expect us to come out a lot more aggressive on offense this week, hopefully. Browns are very talented, they can put up points if it clicks. 

45 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The boo birds will be out Monday night if this high school offense he is running doesnt score points.

Him and Darnold arent rookies.  This is a results driven league.  Put 25 plus points on the board and beat the pathetic browns.

If they struggle again, its boo time.

Browns 26- Jets 25 ?

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I swear...I don't know why I come to these forums anymore....

I’ve actually asked myself the same thing yesterday and today which is sad. It’s worse than ever around here. I’m not sure why but I seriously see almost every thread as an attempt to troll.
I don’t get it

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I’ve actually asked myself the same thing yesterday and today which is sad. It’s worse than ever around here. I’m not sure why but I seriously see almost every thread as an attempt to troll.
I don’t get it

The Jets fan pendulum swings from irrational exuberance to irrational despair. Same as it ever was. It’s never as good as the sunshiners hope or as bad as the darksiders fear.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I don’t get it

yep - bad enough that I (like you) had to be at that game with my son, and feel awful, but then to come on here and see things like "Darnold sucks", "fire Gase" etc after 1 bad loss....ugh

and I mentioned months ago on this very site:  it's not WHO you play but WHEN you play them".  the next few weeks we play VERY good teams.  it is going to be UNBEARABLE around here....

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

yep - bad enough that I (like you) had to be at that game with my son, and feel awful, but then to come on here and see things like "Darnold sucks", "fire Gase" etc after 1 bad loss....ugh

and I mentioned months ago on this very site:  it's not WHO you play but WHEN you play them".  the next few weeks we play VERY good teams.  it is going to be UNBEARABLE around here....

the first few games of just about every season are pretty much just an extension of pre-season.  even if cleveland had won it really wouldn't say much about this year's browns team.  likewise they lost but it looked like they were playing pretty well early on.  and of course the jets lost their first one.  so these teams are feeling their way at the moment.  both teams really need some work to keep moving forward.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the first few games of just about every season are pretty much just an extension of pre-season.  even if cleveland had won it really wouldn't say much about this year's browns team.  likewise they lost but it looked like they were playing pretty well early on.  and of course the jets lost their first one.  so these teams are feeling their way at the moment.  both teams really need some work to keep moving forward.

I agree, but we are playing the Browns, NE, Philly, Dallas, NE again next few weeks.  we don't have TIME to work things out!!!

By the time we play the Bengals, Skins, Giants, Raiders, etc, it may be too late!!

• Upvote 1

Could you Imagine if we win next week because we’re playing a team that was blown out by the titans at home?? It’s gonna be even funnier yo listen to all the division title talk. lol

I have no idea how anyone can disagree with the OP here. 8 points, especially at home in today’s NFL is an absolute joke. If you’re okay with that, and think it’s acceptable, then you have loser mentality and I can’t relate with you.

Alarm bells should be ringing, because that’s how bad it was. If this continues, it’s another wasted season for Darnold development and rookie contract.

If it changes, I’ll be more than happy to say Week 1 was an aberration. Given, the results when Gase was coach in South Beach though...this seems to be a trend.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The Jets fan pendulum swings from irrational exuberance to irrational despair. Same as it ever was. It’s never as good as the sunshiners hope or as bad as the darksiders fear.

Right. I get that. I’ve been a fan once 82 and have been here since ‘09 so I’m accustomed to the way it goes. Hell, I’m right in on some of that myself of course.
It just seems more troll like this time around. There are so many logical reasons for what we saw on Sunday and almost none of it had to do with firing the HC or trading darnold. lol

It’s seems worse than ever. I hope Max bans a few hundred of them
For a couple of weeks. Lol.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure that Joe Douglas should be asked to move mountains so early in his time here.  The guy has been given few resources and a heap of holes to fill.  He also can't waste future draft picks to fix these near term issues...

Wait a minute....Am I in the right thread?  Is this a Fire Douglas thread or a Fire Gase thread?

Sheesh!  I thought I was heading the right way.  I made a left at a "Darnold is a Bust" thread, crossed three streets about our kicker sucking and then turned in here.  My bad.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. I get that. I’ve been a fan once 82 and have been here since ‘09 so I’m accustomed to the way it goes. Hell, I’m right in on some of that myself of course.
It just seems more troll like this time around. There are so many logical reasons for what we saw on Sunday and almost none of it had to do with firing the HC or trading darnold. lol

It’s seems worse than ever. I hope Max bans a few hundred of them
For a couple of weeks. emoji3.pngemoji3.pngemoji3.png Lol.

The jets scored 8 points and it had nothing to do with the qb or the guy calling the plays?

Jet fans really are clueless.

A team loses after recovering four turnovers and getting a safety. You still turn your head sideways at me like a cinfused dog.

When Ravens won SB, 20 years ago. You said = because  defense. So what you're  also saying is ; Dilfer was wayyyyy  better than Darnold  lol 

Watch Carr win a  SB in a couple years. That will be 2 Fresno QB champions!

Darnold/Sanchez= thank you usc....

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree, but we are playing the Browns, NE, Philly, Dallas, NE again next few weeks.  we don't have TIME to work things out!!!

By the time we play the Bengals, Skins, Giants, Raiders, etc, it may be too late!!

with the possible exception of the patsies none of those teams is unbeatable by the jets.  true enough they need to turn some things around but this is still the nfl and don't think everything is going so right on those other teams.  we'll see.  if they manage to win the next two, what would that mean?

2 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

A team loses after recovering four turnovers and getting a safety. You still turn your head sideways at me like a cinfused dog.

When Ravens won SB, 20 years ago. You said = because  defense. So what you're  also saying is ; Dilfer was wayyyyy  better than Darnold  lol 

Watch Carr win a  SB in a couple years. That will be 2 Fresno QB champions!

Darnold/Sanchez= thank you usc....

aren't you leaving out rob johnson in the usc superbowl tree?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I have no idea how anyone can disagree with the OP here. 8 points, especially at home in today’s NFL is an absolute joke. If you’re okay with that, and think it’s acceptable, then you have loser mentality and I can’t relate with you.

Alarm bells should be ringing, because that’s how bad it was. If this continues, it’s another wasted season for Darnold development and rookie contract.

If it changes, I’ll be more than happy to say Week 1 was an aberration. Given, the results when Gase was coach in South Beach though...this seems to be a trend.

Because its one F'n game?

Think the Jets, Browns, Steelers, Texans etc are 0-16 teams? 

47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The jets scored 8 points and it had nothing to do with the qb or the guy calling the plays?

Jet fans really are clueless.

Yeah, because all the coach has to do is wish for the points or call different plays and poof, we score 34 points.

Or wait, better yet, the HC asked the K to miss the FG and Xtra that would added 4 points.  And of course the HC get 0 credit for the defensive score.  That makes sense too.  But wait, we blame the HC for the defense letting a 16 point lead go away but dont credit him for the entire 16 points, odd.

Clueless, fitting word