Gase: 8 Points for 8 Months as HC

JetsLife

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why the thank you?  Youre not a Jet fan.  

And youve plotted Darnolds career over a game in less than a complete season of games for a 21 year old.  

Good job

It's a Sarcastic thank you, obviously. 

Plotted? Over a game? No, I told you in June he is/was never going to be " the man". Just another name lost in the D section of profootballreference  over time

For me it was, everyone had their choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. I just think it’s funny how today everyone is recalling every thought or feeling they had during the offseason. I hated the Gase hire but didn’t see anything in this game that confirms he was the wrong hire. If he called for 45 deep plays that worked it wouldn’t mean he’s the man either.

It’s one game and recalling how much you loved Matt Rhule seems ill timed fir anything other than whining. That’s all I’m trying to say.

If in 6 weeks were 1-5 and dat old looks lost we can have this conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The team seems that bad...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No it doesn’t. If one of the long passes to Anderson landed it’s a different week. If the FG is made it’s a different week. If Anderson doesn’t make a boneheaded late hit it’s a different week.

This cry baby stuff is laughable

Maybe. I just think it’s funny how today everyone is recalling every thought or feeling they had during the offseason. I hated the Gase hire but didn’t see anything in this game that confirms he was the wrong hire. If he called for 45 deep plays that worked it wouldn’t mean he’s the man either.

It’s one game and recalling how much you loved Matt Rhule seems ill timed fir anything other than whining. That’s all I’m trying to say.

If in 6 weeks were 1-5 and dat old looks lost we can have this conversation.

Your assumption is valid, although he was my choice I did post facetiously in the prevailing state of jet nation....

All good

• Sympathy 1

No it doesn’t. If one of the long passes to Anderson landed it’s a different week. If the FG is made it’s a different week. If Anderson doesn’t make a boneheaded late hit it’s a different week.

If ifs and buts were cherries and nuts everyday would be Christmas.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

But it DIDN’T. And it ISN’T

• Sympathy 1

Adam Gase an offensive minded coach you say.  Couldve fooled me.

Never finished above 21st in yards for as a HC or OC without one of top QBs of all time Peyton Manning.

Never finished above 17th in points.

As a HC his Miami team typically placed at the bottom of the league in 2nd and long and 3rd and long situations.

• 2016: The Dolphins offense ranked 26th on 2nd-and-long and 14th on 3rd-and-long.
  • 2017: The Dolphins offense ranked 32nd in 2nd-and-long and 26th on 3rd-and-long.
  • 2018: The Dolphins offense ranked 31st on 2nd-and-long and 28th on 3rd-and-long.

I dont know if you’ve read this article but it’s pretty telling.  It does not make me feel good now especially after watching what happened yesterday.  One can mKe the excuse that he had Tannehill but Sam needs to develop and based off his past, Gase is not the right guy to do it.  I hope I’m wrong but im pessimistic after watching that offensive performance yesterday.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837130-stats-dont-lie-adam-gase-is-the-wrong-coach-for-sam-darnold-and-the-jets

You’re assumption is valid, although he was my choice I did post facetiously in the prevailing state of jet nation....

All good

Your a good dude.

For what it’s worth, I was mike mccarthy all day but liked Rhule better than Gase. That said I think the game plan was actually strong. I’ll explain why when I’m not driving. ;)

Solid post man.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

It's a Sarcastic thank you, obviously. 

Plotted? Over a game? No, I told you in June he is/was never going to be " the man". Just another name lost in the D section of profootballreference  over time

Right and it stands, he led the league over the games after he came back, you see more than others.  I get it, youre a QB expert, know what he will or wont be off of a small body of work.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Right and it stands, he led the league over the games after he came back, you see more than others.  I get it, youre a QB expert, know what he will or wont be off of a small body of work.

No, off of watching many QBs  in the nfl tv show for over 35 years. He' a bit player,  an extra,  a co-star. A less  than Testaverde, less than Fitzpatrick..etc

1 minute ago, Hackenberg said:

No, off of watching many QBs  in the nfl tv show for over 35 years. He' a bit player,  an extra,  a co-star. A less  than Testaverde, less than Fitzpatrick..etc

That would make you an expert and your opinion worth more than others. 

Whatever makes you feel good.  Because in the grand scheme of things youre guessing and have no idea what will or wont be.  

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I have no idea how anyone can disagree with the OP here. 8 points, especially at home in today’s NFL is an absolute joke. If you’re okay with that, and think it’s acceptable, then you have loser mentality and I can’t relate with you.

Alarm bells should be ringing, because that’s how bad it was. If this continues, it’s another wasted season for Darnold development and rookie contract.

If it changes, I’ll be more than happy to say Week 1 was an aberration. Given, the results when Gase was coach in South Beach though...this seems to be a trend.

1 game...got it.  ALARM bells! Oy!

OL sucks, maybe because they hadn't even played a game together at that point, and it's armageddon.

New coach, new GM and they get 1 game before ALARM BELLS.

Got it.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Alarm bells should be ringing 1000 decibels throughout 1 Jets Drive and the respective offices of Christopher Johnson, Hymie Elhai and Joe Douglas.

Fun fact(s):  A sound of 1,000 Decibels would create a Black Hole larger than our Galaxy.  

Generating the sound would require the power equivalent to 4 billion years worth of our Sun’s energy