New Kicker: Jets Expected to Sign Sam Ficken (Per Rapoport)

So the Jets are already looking for a new leg, as SNY's Ralph Vacchiano confirmed that Elliott Fry, Sam Ficken, and Younghoe Koo were among kickers trying out for the team on Tuesday.

One source told Vacchiano that Ficken was the most impressive in the group, however it is unknown who, if anyone, that the Jets signed. Ficken, a Penn State grad, has four games of NFL experience under his belt with the Rams in 2017 and 2018. He is 3-for-6 over his career with all three of his field goals made under 40 yards. His one attempt over that in 2018 was a miss. 

The most experienced out of the five is Joseph, who played in 14 games with the Browns last season. He knocked in 17-of-20 attempts including 5-for-7 from 40 yards and beyond. He also knocked in a 51-yarder, while going 25-for-29 for extra points, too. 

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/elliott-fry-sam-ficken-among-kickers-jets-worked-out-tuesday/310639442

SAR I

Did we sign him?  I didn't see anything.

As a Penn State fan, I pulled so hard for this kid.  He started off his career almost as bad as anyone could missing like his first 7 of 10 or whatever, and eventually became money.

There was also talk of them letting go of Crosby because he was kicking so well for GB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

So the Jets are already looking for a new leg, as SNY's Ralph Vacchiano confirmed that Elliott Fry, Sam Ficken, and Younghoe Koo were among kickers trying out for the team on Tuesday.

One source told Vacchiano that Ficken was the most impressive in the group, however it is unknown who, if anyone, that the Jets signed. Ficken, a Penn State grad, has four games of NFL experience under his belt with the Rams in 2017 and 2018. He is 3-for-6 over his career with all three of his field goals made under 40 yards. His one attempt over that in 2018 was a miss. 

The most experienced out of the five is Joseph, who played in 14 games with the Browns last season. He knocked in 17-of-20 attempts including 5-for-7 from 40 yards and beyond. He also knocked in a 51-yarder, while going 25-for-29 for extra points, too. 

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/elliott-fry-sam-ficken-among-kickers-jets-worked-out-tuesday/310639442

SAR I

Are we still winning the division? Asking for a friend. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  If anything, Sunday's game leaves me more encouraged than ever.

* We may have a Top 5 defense, a complete turnaround from past seasons.  Gregg Williams on point.

* Le'Veon Bell looks like he hasn't missed a step and is the best offensive FA acquisition this year.

* CJ Mosely looks like a beast and is the best defensive FA acquisition this year.

* Jamison Crowder might be the best slot receiver we've had since Chrebet.

* Our OL will only get better-  its clear that they were out of sync and Gase was protecting that weakness.

* Our O will only get better- see above, we ran a conservative playbook due to the OL being challenged.

* Our D will only get better when the O isn't going 3-and-out and tiring them.

We had that game won.  Bizarre circumstances like a K who sucks and an ILB that got injured cost us the win.  I see a very good team out there in the midst of Week 1 growing pains.

SAR I

I'm hopeful, but I want to see what Joe D does with the kicker and other players they are looking at. I want some signings. Need help at CB.

• Upvote 1