Nathan Shepherd 6 game suspension for PED's

Icer

IMG_8478a.jpg

The NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero is reporting that Jets defensive lineman Nathan Shepherd is facing a six game suspension for multiple PED use violations.  Perhaps the biggest surprise in this story is Shepherd owing up to his mistake and admitting why he did it.

He reportedly told Pelissero that he made the decision because “all that was going on, I was coming off of a subpar season and a new coaching staff, new playbook, new everything”  Perhaps sensing his roster spot was in jeopardy, Shepherd used a banned substance and will now miss a large chunk of time because of it. 

Whether or not he’ll remain a Jet upon his return remains to be seen.

“I made a rash decision, an unwise decision and a selfish decision.”#Jets DT Nathan Shepherd tells me he’s facing a six-game suspension for two violations of the PED policy while rehabbing from offseason injuries – and he’s not hiding from anything.https://t.co/f0h2omUt0Y

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) September 10, 2019

The post Nathan Shepherd Facing Suspension for PED use appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
jKdf_onnrE4

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

From PFT:

Defensive lineman Nathan Shepherd was inactive for the Jets in Week One and he’ll be missing many more games in the near future.

Shepherd told Tom Pelissero of NFL Media that he is facing a six-game suspension for multiple violations of the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

Unlike most players suspended for such violations, Shepherd has admitted to knowingly taking banned substances. He said he did it while trying to recover from multiple injuries this offseason.

“All that was going on, I was coming off of a subpar season and a new coaching staff, new playbook, new everything,” Shepherd said. “In my mindset, I didn’t feel very confident with how everything had gone thus far. In my mind, I was so prepared to come into this offseason and have a successful offseason and train very hard. I felt that because of these limitations, I wasn’t going to be able to do that. I made a rash decision, an unwise decision and a selfish decision to look to certain PEDs in order to help me with that recovery process so I would be ready to go.”

No official announcement of the suspension has taken place at this point, but it sounds like it should be coming soon.