Icer

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

The last 5 3rd round draft picks. 

Lorenzo Mauldin

Jordan Jenkins

Ardarius Stewart

Nathan Sheherd

Jachai Polite 

And people are blaming Joe Douglas for not doing enough right now   Lol...

Cant make this stuff up   

Edoga was also inactive week 1. 

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

IMG_8478a.jpg

The NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero is reporting that Jets defensive lineman Nathan Shepherd is facing a six game suspension for multiple PED use violations.  Perhaps the biggest surprise in this story is Shepherd owing up to his mistake and admitting why he did it.

He reportedly told Pelissero that he made the decision because “all that was going on, I was coming off of a subpar season and a new coaching staff, new playbook, new everything”  Perhaps sensing his roster spot was in jeopardy, Shepherd used a banned substance and will now miss a large chunk of time because of it. 

Whether or not he’ll remain a Jet upon his return remains to be seen.

“I made a rash decision, an unwise decision and a selfish decision.”#Jets DT Nathan Shepherd tells me he’s facing a six-game suspension for two violations of the PED policy while rehabbing from offseason injuries – and he’s not hiding from anything.https://t.co/f0h2omUt0Y

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) September 10, 2019

The post Nathan Shepherd Facing Suspension for PED use appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

jKdf_onnrE4

Click here to read the full story...

At least he's being a man and owning up to it.  I like the guy and he was a nice story.  He's not cut out for the NFL but best of luck to him wherever he goes after he is most likely cut coming back from suspension.  

How is it that one one GM can be so consistently and repeatedly wrong in rounds 2-7? Doesn't a squirrel eventually find a nut? Isn't a broken clock correct twice a day? Why do not the rules of the universe apply to the NY Jets?

Maye was the nut the squirrel found, unfortunately he has been hurt at times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

PEDs are usually taken for recovery purposes, not for muscle building. That's a big misconception.

The two failed tests came on June 27 and July 25, while Shepherd was recovering from a shoulder injury that might eventually require surgery as well as a groin injury that resulted in a delay with his offseason training. While rehabbing for the shoulder, he underwent an MRI on his groin that revealed he needed sports hernia surgery. His hunched posture for several weeks after that procedure led to a herniated L4-L5 disc in his back, severely limiting his ability to train at a time he was eager to impress the Jets' new regime.

"All that was going on, I was coming off of a subpar season and a new coaching staff, new playbook, new everything," Shepherd said. "In my mindset, I didn't feel very confident with how everything had gone thus far. In my mind, I was so prepared to come into this offseason and have a successful offseason and train very hard. I felt that because of these limitations, I wasn't going to be able to do that. I made a rash decision, an unwise decision and a selfish decision to look to certain PEDs in order to help me with that recovery process so I would be ready to go."

It's an uncommonly direct admission by Shepherd, 25, a third-round draft pick last year out of Fort Hays State whose upbringing in Ajax, Ontario, and unique path to the NFL made him a feel-goal story. Shepherd said he informed the Jets' coaches and front office quickly upon learning of the failed tests three weeks ago. Shepherd said he addressed the rest of the Jets' defensive linemen Monday and apologized for how his absence will impact them.

Shepherd emphasized he took the banned substances for recovery, not performance: "The only competitive advantage I was really looking for was being able to come to camp healthy and having an opportunity to compete.

"I'm grateful to the league for showing some understanding, leniency and fairness, and I appreciate them dealing with it in a timely manner. I'm grateful to Jets GM Joe Douglas, the personnel staff and Coach [Adam] Gase, Gregg Williams, Blake Williams and Andre Carter and the Jets' training staff for their support and their transparency in supporting me through this and, despite this happening, granting me the opportunity to come in every day and earn my spot on the 53-man roster."

Shepherd's agent, Bardia Ghahremani, said his client takes full responsibility and will accept the discipline. Under the NFL-NFLPA PED policy, Shepherd could've been suspended a maximum of 14 games -- four games for the first violation and 10 for the second -- but the league in essence rolled the two violations into one.

"Nate has proven he is an outstanding athlete by the numbers he put up throughout his college career and at the combine, where has passed all his drug tests his entire career," Ghahermani said. "We want to thank the NFL and the Jets' front office and coaching staff for their continued support of Nathan."

Shepherd said he plans to continue rehabilitation and training near the Jets' headquarters in New Jersey during the suspension. He also hopes to spend more time with his daughter, Halia, who turns 2 in October. And he knows the consequences if he has another violation -- under the PED policy, a third violation would trigger a minimum two-year ban.

"I'm still trying to get my feet under me, literally," Shepherd said. "Most definitely, I want to be able to provide for my daughter and my family and myself, for sure. I don't use that as a crutch, though, or an excuse, because I'm definitely not the only person in the NFL with kids.

"I feel like I used eight of my nine lives. I kind of have to treat it like I have a peanut allergy -- if I get one more, it's going to be over for me. That's just my reality and I accept that."

The XFL should not drug test. They should just let guys take anything they want. Get a cybernetic limb if you want! Have a rocket surgically attached to your ass. People might actually watch.

Also, I get Shephard is bad and all, but 6 games for a 1st offender who doesn't play games, admits it and accepts the punishment?

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Fat and stupid is no way to go through life. 

A truism if there ever was one.

But Maccagnan is the outlier.  The guy finagled with his ex-boss Casserly to totally con Woody Johnson into a GM job when he was just about to get Fired from his scouting job in Houston.

He's like a bottom of his class Medical student who is somehow made Chief of Surgery at a top hospital.

Guy is now a multi millionaire after probably destroying close to a decade of Jet football since his first day sneaking in the job.

Any dog could have a better drafting record if you threw treats onto a draft sheet.

7 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

The XFL should not drug test. They should just let guys take anything they want. Get a cybernetic limb if you want! Have a rocket surgically attached to your ass. People might actually watch.

Also, I get Shephard is bad and all, but 6 games for a 1st offender who doesn't play games, admits it and accepts the punishment?

He had 2 separate violations. 

• Upvote 1

Who cares? Honestly, it's not like we'll ever miss the guy? Unfortunately, he was way, way, WAY, overdrafted. I don't know where Mac gets his logic/belief system from. He thinks these guys prior to their drafting are world-class beaters and sure fire NFL prospects. Then, US, just normal fans watch these guys play and come to a unanimous decision that they SUCK. You'd think after 2 or 3 years that it would have dawned on the dingbat that he had to started drafting better?