Jets Aquire Demaryius Thomas

SR24

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s better than Enunwa, and the WR group needed improvement.  

He’s better than the guy they just gave 20 million guaranteed to? He may have been a few years ago, but I’m assuming there is a reason he was cut from training camp and then made inactive when they did bring him back. Oh. And the WRs don’t matter if the QB has no time to throw. You aren’t improving the WRs by trading for Thomas. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Because he apparently didnt get the memo that this season is over.

I just don’t like wasting ANY draft capital. Those late round picks can be used to move around the draft. Flexibility is important and I just don’t see the value of Thomas. He seemed to fall off a cliff. Just hope for the best I guess. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

He’s better than the guy they just gave 20 million guaranteed to? He may have been a few years ago, but I’m assuming there is a reason he was cut from training camp and then made inactive when they did bring him back. Oh. And the WRs don’t matter if the QB has no time to throw. You aren’t improving the WRs by trading for Thomas. 

Ok there Crazy Carl. 

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I just don’t like wasting ANY draft capital. Those late round picks can be used to move around the draft. Flexibility is important and I just don’t see the value of Thomas. He seemed to fall off a cliff. Just hope for the best I guess. 

I would not have made this trade..  the fact the Pat's agreed should have been a huge red flag...  kind of insulting actually.  They clearly view the jets as a bottom feeder.

• Upvote 4

Love that we aren't sitting on our hands. Clearly an upgrade to our roster - upgrades don't have to be huge upgrades to make a difference. We are not going to fix our problems long term right now, all we can do is apply band aids until next years draft/free agency. I am more than fine with this move. He can be a veteran leader for our WRs and can serve as a big veteran body for Sam to throw to. Good move. A 2021 6th round pick is not a big deal. 

Also to add, according to Gase the WRs weren't making the right reads on their routes as well. DT has experience in Gase's system so he will probably help in this aspect as well. 

• Upvote 4