Jets Aquire Demaryius Thomas

SR24

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jets fans - we suck and have no talent because Big Mac sucked at drafting.  You need to build through the draft like the best teams do.  Look at all the players who are no longer in the league or on the team he took.  

Also Jets fans - throwing away picks for nobodies with no future on this team, no big deal. 

I love a vicious cycle.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan drafted three defensive players with top six picks over that past four years and they combined—COMBINED—to make five tackles on Sunday, no INTs, no sacks, not even a single useless TFL. Meanwhile, you people are butthurt about the coach being dissatisfied with UDFA psychopath Robby Anderson’s effort level. 

Adams the best Safety in the nfl we need to give a $100 million extend to now had 5 tackles and no picks facing a qb who is supposed to be worse than Bryce Petty

A2365FDB-321F-4754-B779-3D8751D8EB36.jpeg.e1d19fd2519b45e5d123fc01085260fa.jpeg

The question right now about Demaryious is his health. Can he play Monday night. I mean first thing you think of is why BB traded with the Jets unless he wanted to unload a player he was going to cut anyways. And stick it to us. It could come back to bite them. Thomas might have a bigger impact with the Jets than the great AB with NEP. He's already in trouble, controversial and that's probably not going to end. I never saw this as a fit for the BB system. 

This is a big year for Sam Darnold and giving him another professional receiver who knows Gase's offense and will push Enunwa and Robby is not a bad thing.  At the end of the day does DT make us a playoff team?  Probably not, but big picture he'll be a huge help to the development of Darnold.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, section314 said:

I get your point, but it wasn't Adams that dropped the pick that probably seals the game.

Adams is not a ball hawk he would never be in a position to get a pick much less a game winning pick.  When Maye is healthy (granted that is a rare occurrence) Adams is not even the Jets best safety

And yet Adams is considered a superstar

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

This is a big year for Sam Darnold and giving him another professional receiver who knows Gase's offense and will push Enunwa and Robby is not a bad thing.  At the end of the day does DT make us a playoff team?  Probably not, but big picture he'll be a huge help to the development of Darnold.  

The guy we should have signed was Tyrell Williams 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Accountability is good. Public call outs already is a slippery slope, especially with Anderson, who's probably sensitive. Do that behind the scenes. If there was anyone to call out it was himself for letting that joke of a kicker on the field. Then playing stupid about how the situation went down was even worse. Gase playing stupid when its convenient for him, while throwing guys under the bus will get the locker room turned on him fast. We're still left questioning who's actually in charge too. 

He didn't mention any names..He mentioned position groups.  And so now we have to tiptoe around RA because he's too sensitive, according to you? This is the NFL..He's a 3 yr vet..And how do we know what does or doesn't play in this locker room?

Letting the joke of a kicker on the field?  What?  What was he supposed to do?  You don't think Boyer / Douglas didn't want to claim him?  

So now we don't want honesty from the HC?

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

He didn't mention any names..He mentioned position groups.  And so now we have to tiptoe around RA because he's too sensitive, according to you? This is the NFL..He's a 3 yr vet..And how do we know what does or doesn't play in this locker room?

Letting the joke of a kicker on the field?  What?  What was he supposed to do?  You don't think Boyer / Douglas didn't want to claim him?  

That kicker had no business being on an NFL field. I dont know what Douglas thought, he's been in witness protection since he was hired. The Jets spaghetti model of an org chart is still a huge problem. 

Every personality is different. Anderson is probably someone who prefers constructive criticism in private (JMO). Hopefully I'm wrong and he plays well Monday. The Jets need him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

He didn't mention any names..He mentioned position groups.  And so now we have to tiptoe around RA because he's too sensitive, according to you? The is the NFL..He's a 3 yr vet..And how do we know what does or doesn't play in this locker room?

Most of the vets on this team grew up in an environment where there was no accountability, ever. The inmates are no longer running the asylum.

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That kicker had no business being on an NFL field. I dont know what Douglas thought, he's been in witness protection since he was hired. The Jets spaghetti model of an org chart is still a huge problem. 

Every personality is different. Anderson is probably someone who prefers constructive criticism in private (JMO). Hopefully I'm wrong and he plays well Monday. The Jets need him.

They aren't the only team with this model.......

So now we're off Gase and on to Douglas?!? Why is Douglas in witness protection? Do you mean physically, by not talking to the press daily, weekly?  Or inaction? 

If the latter, that's incredibly inaccurate w/all the trades, waiver claims etc..There aren't 2010 Revis, Mangold, D'brick's on the street or available w/o a big price. 

14 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Smart move by JD getting this done before the Enunwa injury was announced.  The price would have been much more than a 2021 6th if the Pats knew the Jets were desperate.

Yeah, now we know why the Jets were aggressive (if you call a 2021 6th round pick aggressive) in getting Thomas. Thomas is not the same player he once was but he is a solid guy along with Anderson/Crowder. 

We really need Herndon back asap. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, genot said:

What message is he trying to send. Don't run big play routes, lets turn you into a dink and dunk receiver. Our wide receivers averaged 6 yds a catch Sunday. That's not gonna get it done. it didn't in Miami. it won't here. Gase reminds me of a system coach, like Steve Spurrier. That's not gonna work here. You game plan according too each of your player's strength.

When your Offensive Line blows, you can't run deep routes.  Otherwise you'll get your QB killed.  

That's how he's adapting to the personnel.  

Man, mixed feelings.  On the one hand, the Jets kept Enunway's status under wraps until they could pull off the trade.  But on the other hand, this looks like spending a pick on an old man band aid when the team likely sucks and will lose most of its games.

JD needs to be acquiring picks, not sending them for old guys.  If they can get a couple of decent years out of this guy, it'll be worth it, I guess, and it is a position of desperate need.  But...

All draft picks should be kept by bad teams needing to rebuild.

7 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Man, mixed feelings.  On the one hand, the Jets kept Enunway's status under wraps until they could pull off the trade.  But on the other hand, this looks like spending a pick on an old man band aid when the team likely sucks and will lose most of its games.

I don't see it that way.  Nothing is more important than Darnold's development this year.  Adding a professional WR into the mix will help that development.  So in that way I view it as a band-aid that makes some sense.  Much like the Ryan Kalil signing.  

I don't like giving up draft assets, but this will end up a late 6th rounder in 2021 since we'll be winning the division that year.  :)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Kinda like this signing.  D.T was pushed out of a very deep squad, but he can still play.  I saw some of his highlights in the preseason game 4 and he looked really strong.

He's not going to create any sort of separation and is far from a YAC threat like Enunwa, but he still has decent hands, and still uses his body better than 99% of all wrs and will thus win a lot of 1-1s.

He will stabilize our group and bring some vet savvy.  We wouldn't have found anything like his quality off the JAG wire.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The moves have to work out, it is as simple as that, if they don;t you are being a bad gm.  Kalil has to work out,, ,thomas has to work out. 

hard to say right now if its him being a bad gm... It's really just a guy who looks at a roster void of any depth and says "how with limited resources over the next few years can I build a team that can contend around a qb on a rookie deal" .  Jets spent big in FA last year so this year his $$ will be limited, they also have a number of FA's of their own to sign..  In terms of the draft w'eve been wheeling and dealing for depth so our later round picks are gone.  

So what really does joe have to work with to make this team markedly better this season and next?   I think so far he's doing literally anything he can without trading high end draft assets to improve the quality of depth on the team and to hopefully get someone better than the trash in front of them.  

I expect going forward you are going to see a lot of guys moved either this season or in the offseason to make way for a complete restructuring.  Barring an all star year, i have a hard time seeing Leo back, henry anderson could be gone, Enunwa as well... I think had williamson not gotten hurt you may have seen him moved.  All moves would clear up much needed space and allow joe to rework the roster in the image he sees fit.

As for now, youre going to get these low end trades and moves, and I'm all for it.  I dont love Dem. Thomas, but for a 2021 6th?  Ill take the risk, because 1. it shows the team that this organization isnt messing around anymore, you either play to the expectations of this organization, or we'll find someone else.  This hasnt always been the case here. 

And 2.  it shows this front office and staff arent willing to sit on their hands and hope things get better, they're going to be proactive. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

JD needs to be acquiring picks, not sending them for old guys.  If they can get a couple of decent years out of this guy, it'll be worth it, I guess, and it is a position of desperate need.  But...

All draft picks should be kept by bad teams needing to rebuild.

Not sure why so many have a problem with this, especially after the Enunwa news.

We’re supposed to roll with Josh Bellamy as our #2 outside receiver just to save a 6th round pick two years from now?

Even if the Jets suck this year, providing Darnold with a big veteran X receiver that can still make plays in the redzone and grab contested jump balls is well worth a 2021 6th rounder.

• Upvote 1