Jump to content
SR24

Jets Aquire Demaryius Thomas

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

D Thomas = done, scrap heap, waste of a 6th round pick

A Brown = Pats 19-0, mail it in, why even bother playing them

Yet they are the same age...

#SOJF

 

Comparing the two players is bonkers. Thomas’ numbers have declined every year since 2014. Antonio Brown’s have not. I don’t think Thomas is done, but he’s no Larry Fitzgerald. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

It should also be pointed out that Douglas got one over on Belichick, as there’s no way in hell Belichick hands him Thomas if he knows the Jets are losing Enunwa for the year. 

So, you are going to support every other Jets GM?  Tannenbaum - NO, Idzik - YES, Maccagnan - NO, Douglas - YES.  I guess you were a huge Bradway man, right?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It should also be pointed out that Douglas got one over on Belichick, as there’s no way in hell Belichick hands him Thomas if he knows the Jets are losing Enunwa for the year. 

or if BB knew about the allegations against AB.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It should also be pointed out that Douglas got one over on Belichick, as there’s no way in hell Belichick hands him Thomas if he knows the Jets are losing Enunwa for the year. 

Wait until we find out that Ms. Taylor’s legal team is headed by Joe Douglass’ brother in law. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Comparing the two players is bonkers. Thomas’ numbers have declined every year since 2014. Antonio Brown’s have not. I don’t think Thomas is done, but he’s no Larry Fitzgerald. 

No coincidence Peyton Manning to Brock Osweiler and Trevor Simeon, right?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

So, you are going to support every other Jets GM?  Tannenbaum - NO, Idzik - YES, Maccagnan - NO, Douglas - YES.  I guess you were a huge Bradway man, right?

You forgot Mangini.  

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

or if BB knew about the allegations against AB.  

I figure that he did.

 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It should also be pointed out that Douglas got one over on Belichick, as there’s no way in hell Belichick hands him Thomas if he knows the Jets are losing Enunwa for the year. 

I'm still shocked that he traded with us. Makes me worry that Thomas is 10000000% shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Haunt me over what? 

Sarcastically pointing out that 6th round pick will be the next great QB of the 20’s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

They are no longer XP, they are FG's thanks to Goodell.

And I'm ok with that. Still though a 35 yard field goal which is now an extra point. It shouldn't be that hard at this level.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It should also be pointed out that Douglas got one over on Belichick, as there’s no way in hell Belichick hands him Thomas if he knows the Jets are losing Enunwa for the year. 

Fair point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

good call.

i swear i didn't know a thing about enunwa before suggesting this.  sometimes even a lowly fan like me get lucky with a prediction.  i'm probably right up there with maneesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I figure that he did.

 

I'm still shocked that he traded with us. Makes me worry that Thomas is 10000000% shot

imo the bottom line with the bellichicken is that he knew he had to make cap room for brown so he made the trade instead of releasing thomas outright.  sometimes things do work out in the jets favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

So, you are going to support every other Jets GM?  Tannenbaum - NO, Idzik - YES, Maccagnan - NO, Douglas - YES.  I guess you were a huge Bradway man, right?

Yes. No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imo the bottom line with the bellichicken is that he knew he had to make cap room for brown so he made the trade instead of releasing thomas outright.  sometimes things do work out in the jets favor.

I'm hopeful about Thomas, but I can't help but fear the worst possible outcome.

The loss last Sunday took a lot out of me, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm hopeful about Thomas, but I can't help but fear the worst possible outcome.

The loss last Sunday took a lot out of me, lol

well we can always laugh when the patsies say they knew absolutely nothing about brown before they signed him (not likely).  and while this sounds like just another money grab, if there's any fire to go with the smoke it could be real entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

well we can always laugh when the patsies say they knew absolutely nothing about brown before they signed him (not likely).  and while this sounds like just another money grab, if there's any fire to go with the smoke it could be real entertaining.

Yeah, but it doesn't affect the Pats that much, either way.

They were one of the favorites to win it all before AB and were as impressive as any team in the league in week 1 without him. Even if he ends up not playing a down for them, it was still a gamble worth taking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 6:13 PM, Augustiniak said:

Wonder if they saw the tape of the buffalo game and realized that enunwa is a waste.  

I think they realized Enunwa was hurt for the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Comparing the two players is bonkers. Thomas’ numbers have declined every year since 2014. Antonio Brown’s have not. I don’t think Thomas is done, but he’s no Larry Fitzgerald. 

Antonio Brown had Ben Rothlesberger throwing to him, what has DT had at QB since 2014?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I figure that he did.

 

I'm still shocked that he traded with us. Makes me worry that Thomas is 10000000% shot

Oh please. Belichick doesn't have the power to see into the future nor does he have the gift of the second sight. I hope Thomas balls on the Pats. Show em up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TNJet said:

Oh please. Belichick doesn't have the power to see into the future nor does he have the gift of the second sight. I hope Thomas balls on the Pats. Show em up!

Well, when I wrote this, I was falsely under the impression that the league knew about it before they actually did. 

 

I agree with you, the Pats knew nothing when they made that trade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

Antonio Brown had Ben Rothlesberger throwing to him, what has DT had at QB since 2014?

Doesn’t matter. Great receivers can overcome bad QBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's really worth pointing out how Douglass in 1 week of reg season as signed us our best starting WR from a league rival team. 

It's sounds better when you say it like that and not the guy was probably one of there worst and still better than all of our guys.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well it's really worth pointing out how Douglass in 1 week of reg season as signed us our best starting WR from a league rival team. 

It's sounds better when you say it like that and not the guy was probably one of there worst and still better than all of our guys.

 

That's nonsense. Over the past couple of years, Robbie and Crowder have been more productive than Demaryous.

Most of our problems on offense have to do with our awful O-line.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's nonsense. Over the past couple of years, Robbie and Crowder have been more productive than Demaryous.

Most of our problems on offense have to do with our awful O-line.

Saying below avg production from Robbie is greater than DT doesn't make our problems at WR any better... If anything it amplifies the situation. Yes the oline sucks.. just means both positions are lacking.

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’ll be interesting to see if and how he’s used on Monday night. Sure he’s no spring chicken but he looked good in the preseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, static14 said:

It’ll be interesting to see if and how he’s used on Monday night. Sure he’s no spring chicken but he looked good in the preseason.

Is he going to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Is he going to play?

I'd be amazed if he doesn't.

Already familiar with Gase's scheme, and we have literally no-one else to replace Quincy on the outside - unless we fancy starting Bellamy or Berrios opposite Robby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not like he’s coming in off the street, and Gase said he knows a lot of the playbook. Maybe he plays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Is he going to play?

He almost has to. We are super thin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JetsRay said:

Antonio Brown had Ben Rothlesberger throwing to him, what has DT had at QB since 2014?

Who is the QB on that team that just decided he was worth a late rounder in 2 years?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

That's nonsense. Over the past couple of years, Robbie and Crowder have been more productive than Demaryous.

Most of our problems on offense have to do with our awful O-line.

That isn't really true.  Over the past two years: 

Thomas: 1628+10TDs

Anderson: 1693+13TDs

Crowder: 1177_5TDs

Yes, Crowder missed some games in 2018, and Thomas is a bit of a target hog.  Still, if you go back before that, Thomas put up numbers for five years that were probably better than anything that Crowder or Anderson ever did.  His numbers in 2017 were better than Enunwa ever put up, and his 2018 wasn't much worse.  For a team in our situation he might fit the bill.  They should certainly be looking to develop some younger players for the future. He spent most of 2016 and 2017 catching passes from Siemian and went for a combined 2K with 10 TDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 11:30 AM, peekskill68 said:

No coincidence Peyton Manning to Brock Osweiler and Trevor Simeon, right?

he's gotten older , but to go from HOFer to THAT dreck...     oy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

he's gotten older , but to go from HOFer to THAT dreck...     oy!

2015 Peyton Manning was pretty much the definion of dreck.  Paging @nyjunc for an unending, exceedingly dull statistical analysis.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...