SR24

Jets Aquire Demaryius Thomas

Just now, RoadFan said:

Well, it won't help the team much... but it least this will prove to @Barry McCockinner

that Demaryius can't separate.

Q is vastly overrated by Jets. I root for him. He's a Jet. I ain;t killing Q.

But he is constantly hurt. DT has some size. Was w/ GAse in Denver ...  or am i trippin?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s better than Enunwa, and the WR group needed improvement.  

He’s better than the guy they just gave 20 million guaranteed to? He may have been a few years ago, but I’m assuming there is a reason he was cut from training camp and then made inactive when they did bring him back. Oh. And the WRs don’t matter if the QB has no time to throw. You aren’t improving the WRs by trading for Thomas. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Because he apparently didnt get the memo that this season is over.

I just don’t like wasting ANY draft capital. Those late round picks can be used to move around the draft. Flexibility is important and I just don’t see the value of Thomas. He seemed to fall off a cliff. Just hope for the best I guess. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

He’s better than the guy they just gave 20 million guaranteed to? He may have been a few years ago, but I’m assuming there is a reason he was cut from training camp and then made inactive when they did bring him back. Oh. And the WRs don’t matter if the QB has no time to throw. You aren’t improving the WRs by trading for Thomas. 

Ok there Crazy Carl. 

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

pats ok trading with us  cause  they know we represent zero threat to them

Thats what Francessa just said.

• Upvote 1

Hey  Tedd. How bout that Joe Douglass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

remember when Maccagnan traded a 4th round pick for Ryan Clady’s desiccated corpse

5th..  and it was a better gamble than a 6th for 15 games.

I wouldn’t trade a 6th round draft pick for a Pats 1st rounder. Bill never makes a deal in good faith especially not with the hated Jets.

If my memory is correct, this is the first time that the Pats & Jets have engaged in a trade since Belichick has been with the Pats.  He's struck a deal with every other team in the league, but us............until now.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Doesn't this just prove how unthreatened the Cheats are by the NYJs?

Yes, the optics on this are humiliating.  They should have thrown in a few CB's and a K just to rub it in our faces even more.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I wouldn’t trade a 6th round draft pick for a Pats 1st rounder. Bill never makes a deal in good faith especially not with the hated Jets.

Belicheat will use that 6th rounder we just gave up and turn it into Tom Brady part 2

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Belucheat will use that 6th rounder we just gave up and turn it into Tom Brady part 2

I hope they check Thomas for every horrible contagious disease I would not put germ warfare beyond Belicheat.

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I just don’t like wasting ANY draft capital. Those late round picks can be used to move around the draft. Flexibility is important and I just don’t see the value of Thomas. He seemed to fall off a cliff. Just hope for the best I guess. 

I would not have made this trade..  the fact the Pat's agreed should have been a huge red flag...  kind of insulting actually.  They clearly view the jets as a bottom feeder.

• Upvote 4

Love that we aren't sitting on our hands. Clearly an upgrade to our roster - upgrades don't have to be huge upgrades to make a difference. We are not going to fix our problems long term right now, all we can do is apply band aids until next years draft/free agency. I am more than fine with this move. He can be a veteran leader for our WRs and can serve as a big veteran body for Sam to throw to. Good move. A 2021 6th round pick is not a big deal. 

Also to add, according to Gase the WRs weren't making the right reads on their routes as well. DT has experience in Gase's system so he will probably help in this aspect as well. 

• Upvote 4