SR24

Jets Aquire Demaryius Thomas

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

UDFA

What cartoon is your profile pic?

image.png.6b4fba5c5fc6ea8e40abf26cc7715bca.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

What I'm saying is that Joe Douglas never should have entertained the thought of a trade with the Patriots.  Unless he just fleeced Bill Belichick, we just bought a rusty Chevy from the Ford dealer across the street who does twice the volume and is making us the target of those put-down commercials.

I don't care what others think or what the media spins but I do believe that today's negativity atop Sunday's negativity is creating an avalanche of distraction that's going to make winning on Monday even harder on ourselves than it already was.

We may lose Fireman Ed over this.

SAR I

Probably Chris Johnson called up Bob Kraft and said "You just acquired AB and we need a WR.  Do you need Demaryius Thomas anymore?" Then Kraft said "I'll have my GM call your GM to sort out the paperwork".

Isn't that how "Alphas" do business?  (the world according to SAR I)

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Getting Brown made Thomas a luxury for the Pat's so I'm not surprised they traded him, I am surprised they traded him to the Jets. Hope he can still play. Would be nice to have a legit #1 receiver here. 

Why are you surprised? The Jets gave up a 6th for a completely washed up player. 

Hopefully DT still has something left. 

Corresponding move for the likely Shepherd release?

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree.

He signed one of the few available Ks, one who was thought of enough to have a 5th round pick handed over for him.

Word was that when Minny made him their punter and K'r the punting hurt his K'ing.  Hindsight makes it a bad move but really, hes scrambling at this point.  Sucks, hes athletic and has a strong leg.  How do you miss XTR points and chip shot FGs?

Why not keep last years pro bowl kicker?

Overpaid for Bell.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Same Old said:

Overpaid for Bell.

Bell scored all 8 of the offense's points on Sunday.  He and CJ Mosely seem to be the only guys worth the money right now....and they're being paid a LOT.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

We could use the help at WR, so Im fine with the trade.

Dougie Fresh is wedging open a trade window that has been closed for eons.

Bell scored all 8 of the offense's points on Sunday.  He and CJ Mosely seem to be the only guys worth the money right now....and they're being paid a LOT.

Yet, some were against signing both of them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

We couldn't just wait until he was cut?

Did you see the Jets on Sunday?

Why would he choose to come here under his own free will?

okay, thomas knows gase' system.  he's a little old and may not have ,uch left.  it could be that robby and or enunwa are injured or maybe they just aren't understanding the new offense so well.

Has anyone seen our recent 6th round picks??!?!?!

Hell, has anyone seen our recent 2nd round picks?!?!??!

Christ. This is HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Did you see the Jets on Sunday?

Why would he choose to come here under his own free will?

Same tactics joewilly12 resorts to at spongebath time when he wants to secure his preferred orderly with the supple hands.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay, thomas knows gase' system.  he's a little old and may not have ,uch left.  it could be that robby and or enunwa are injured or maybe they just aren't understanding the new offense so well.

Don;t understand the new offense?  FFS.

22 minutes ago, Same Old said:

Overpaid for Bell.

If you can find Macc you can ask him

We're on to JD now, hes scrambling after Macc decided to let him go.  

And in no way did we overpay for Bell.

Fans want the most productive back over the last 5 years and expect to pay BPowell rates.  Hes been more productive that any back since the merger.  The player who scored every point of this past weeks game.  While complaining that we didnt make Myers one of the highest paid Ks after one goo season here and a bad season the year before?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Same tactics joewilly12 resorts to at spongebath time when he wants to secure his preferred orderly with the supple hands.

Hell yes 

Image result for hot nurse pics

Unlike you who picks this guy 

Image result for male nurse pics

I love all the old washed up comments.   did anyone see Vernon freaking Davis last weekend??  sh*t if DT gives us 1 game like that and we win its worth a 6th

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Crowder can play...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

Why are you surprised? The Jets gave up a 6th for a completely washed up player. 

Thomas had a bunch of 1000 yard seasons. His last full season with Denver was 900+. Last year he was on Houston and some other team (what BB calls the Jets and why I was surprised he traded them to us) so yeah, he was fighting for targets and his production was less. Here he has an opportunity  to be a clear #1. Hope he does it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I have to say, for the first time ever I'm a little disappointed that Maccagnan is no longer here.

I mean, just think of how many "DT" jokes would just be writing themselves right now.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It would appear as though some receivers weren’t where they were supposed to be at various times on Sunday and Gase is pissed. Thomas was one of the most physical WRs in the game at his peak, so maybe Gase is counting on him to simply run the play the way he drew it up and, more importantly, be at the spot where Darnold expects the receiver to be when he throws the ball

Pretty much exactly this. Even crowder was running the wrong routes. 

Hopefully this can help the other guys get on the same page as welll. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It would appear as though some receivers weren’t where they were supposed to be at various times on Sunday and Gase is pissed. Thomas was one of the most physical WRs in the game at his peak, so maybe Gase is counting on him to simply run the play the way he drew it up and, more importantly, be at the spot where Darnold expects the receiver to be when he throws the ball

Parcells had Pepper Johnson.  Rex had Bart Scott.  Could be Gase sees Thomas as one of his "guys" to help with the offense...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

pats ok trading with us  cause  they know we represent zero threat to them

Hit it right on the head. When we play them in a few weeks it may look like the Bal-Mia game last week.