Jets Aquire Demaryius Thomas

SR24

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It would appear as though some receivers weren’t where they were supposed to be at various times on Sunday and Gase is pissed. Thomas was one of the most physical WRs in the game at his peak, so maybe Gase is counting on him to simply run the play the way he drew it up and, more importantly, be at the spot where Darnold expects the receiver to be when he throws the ball

Bingo. Thomas is wayyy past his prime but still knows how to run a 10 yard hitch.......for 10 yards. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Same tactics joewilly12 resorts to at spongebath time when he wants to secure his preferred orderly with the supple hands.

Female Nurse: "Mr. joewilly, my shift is over in fifteen minutes, would like like a quick spongebath before I'm off the clock?"

joe: "No thanks, I'm still pretty clean."

*15 minutes later a male nurse named 'Sven' walks in the ward*

Sven: "Hey everybody, looks like you'll have me for the next several hours."

joewilly *pees himself*: "Oh, darn, looks like I need a spongebath now. Ohhhhhhh, Sveeeeeeen!"

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay, thomas knows gase' system.  he's a little old and may not have ,uch left.  it could be that robby and or enunwa are injured or maybe they just aren't understanding the new offense so well.

He’s the same age as Antonio Brown and younger than Edelman!  Only issue is his injury and DT claims he’s better than before, feels great, and looked great in pre season!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pac said:

because it's absurd..  you don't trade a draft pick for a 3 game substitute and if anyone will assume the Herndon role it would be Q.

the trade was made because the WR's pissed Gase off last game and he brought someone in that "does what he's supposed to do" which was a complaint he had the other day. 

I'm not going to knock the move yet because DT may have some kind of miraculous comeback but you and the rest of the peanut gallery would absolutely be destroying the last GM if he made this trade and botched the K situation as much as JD has.

This is what you do when your team drafts like Crap for half a decade. Take other teams trash out for them. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Parcells had Pepper Johnson.  Rex had Bart Scott.  Could be Gase sees Thomas as one of his "guys" to help with the offense...

It's about having a veteran on the team at every position...

They traded for a Vet safety 

They picked up a vet CB

They have a vet at LB and have signed another

They have a vet on DL

Bell is a vet and Kahil is a vet... 

The only position they didn't have a veteran was an area that played like sh*t on Sunday... So they got one... 

Washed up or not... He at least knows where to be... How to act... Calming presence for the young WRs... 

• Sympathy 2

I bet this move was in the making for the last couple of weeks.  Even before the Brown pick up, Thomas was not a lock to make roster and Pats were deciding to put their first round pick on IR.  We know Douglas and Gase gave indication that the roster was not set on final cut downs and that they were possibly working on things, and they responded directly to questions about the number of WRs kept on 53. 

We found out the Kalil pick up was in the works for months since Douglas was hired.  I think the same thing applies to Thomas.  

I had a feeling a move like this for a former Gase player would be made.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This is what you do when your team drafts like Crap for half a decade. Take other teams trash out for them. 

I don't buy this line of crap either..  the Pats have drafted like sh-t for a decade.  You guys act like every team is loaded.  We'll see how it looks in a month or 2..  if we're 1-7 like I keep reading then I'll say you were right.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

A couple of things:

- Picking up Thomas shows how ticked off Gase must be with Anderson &
Enunwa.  He riffed on them Monday in his press conference and now they
pick up one of his "boys" from DEN

- Thomas knows this offense like the back of his hand but does he have
anything left after his injury?

- At worst its a good depth pickup the top 4 WR's are now Anderson,
Enunwa, Crowder & Thomas

- Shocked that NE even considered a deal with us.  Is that an indication
of how little Thomas has left? 

• Upvote 2

Just now, jetscrazey said:

Enunwa can thrive in an H-back role where he can either block a DB or beat a LB in coverage, as he did in 2015.  This trade frees him up for that.  Let's hope this is what Gase is thinking

Wrong offense.

Gase wants his guys. Thomas knows the system.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't buy this line of crap either..  the Pats have drafted like sh-t for a decade.  You guys act like every team is loaded.  We'll see how it looks in a month or 2..  if we're 1-7 like I keep reading then I'll say you were right.

I didn’t expect you to agree with me. Not now or in a month or two. I expected you some spit some incoherent straw man. Well done. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I wanted to pick him up when he was a free agent. Made sense given he's played in Gase's offense. Don't like having to give up a pick to the stinkin Patriots after we could have had him for free though. 

I think he'll be a useful situational target for us.

NE cut him on the last day of cut downs. It was solely in order to put N'Keal Harry on IR. Still, they thought enough of him to bring him back last Monday. He was good in the last preseason game with Stidham against the Giants' D. Take all that as you will.

17 minutes ago, KRL said:

A couple of things:

- Picking up Thomas shows how ticked off Gase must be with Anderson &
Enunwa.  He riffed on them Monday in his press conference and now they
pick up one of his "boys" from DEN

- Thomas knows this offense like the back of his hand but does he have
anything left after his injury?

- At worst its a good depth pickup the top 4 WR's are now Anderson,
Enunwa, Crowder & Thomas

- Shocked that NE even considered a deal with us.  Is that an indication
of how little Thomas has left? 

It says that by the time the jets are a threat, BB will have moved on.  

The comments by some of the posters in this thread, should tell everybody why the Jet's will never get respect from anyone throughout the league, the NFL fan base, and the national media. The ridiculous defense of a HC who wants to throw a wide receiver under the bus after one game, is beyond bizarre, and frankly laughable. To make matters worse, if Darnold was close to being on target, Anderson would have scored on both of those deep passes. There was nobody behind him, that would have caught him in time. The result a loss, instead of a win by double digits.

• Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Female Nurse: "Mr. joewilly, my shift is over in fifteen minutes, would like like a quick spongebath before I'm off the clock?"

joe: "No thanks, I'm still pretty clean."

*15 minutes later a male nurse named 'Sven' walks in the ward*

Sven: "Hey everybody, looks like you'll have me for the next several hours."

joewilly *pees himself*: "Oh, darn, looks like I need a spongebath now. Ohhhhhhh, Sveeeeeeen!"

Sven is really Spoot-Face who seems to have an infatuation for joewilly12 once he realizes this Spoot-Face is laying on a gurney on his way to a trauma center. 

Give it a rest chief you are not @T0mShane and you are not funny the board doesn't want to see this sh*t. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

We finally agree on something been saying this for days. 

Anderson is going nowhere, speed is hard to find.  Enunwa is garbage.  They needed size and a red zone target, esp. while herndon is out.  This is why they didn’t want dortch or burnett out there, they wanted size and some experience to help the 22 year old qb.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Anderson is going nowhere, speed is hard to find.  Enunwa is garbage.  They needed size and a red zone target, esp. while herndon is out.  This is why they didn’t want dortch or burnett out there, they wanted size and some experience to help the 22 year old qb.

Robby gets treaded for a CB 

Gase already has him on notice. 

Thomas is going to play the role of big Posession type WR to move chains . Hes not afraid to catch the ball in traffic and hes the type of guy who will go up and make the very tough catches, something we have not had here since Keyshawn and later Brandon Marshall. 

He's not here for his speed he's here to move the chains.