Jets Aquire Demaryius Thomas

SR24

27 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

its a corps

if i see core one more time I'm gonna puke

: a group of persons associated together or acting under common direction

So sorry that my speech to type got cores versus corps wrong I will make sure I double check that my phone can decifer the two... 

I am so glad you spent the time to correct me

4 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

WOW, the Pats have no worries about the Jets at all.

This completes the circuit for BB. He has now traded with every team in the league. I'm sure he takes some perverse pleasure in that. It goes along with them getting their 7th SB, a 19-0 season,  and a ride off into the sunset with every important record a  coach can hold aside from Shulas compiled Ws. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Sven is really Spoot-Face who seems to have an infatuation for joewilly12 once he realizes this Spoot-Face is laying on a gurney on his way to a trauma center. 

Give it a rest chief you are not @T0mShane and you are not funny the board doesn't want to see this sh*t. 

"Not T0mshane."

Oh, thank the lord.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Pac if this was Douglas’ fifth year and he had Macc’s draft record, we’d be killing him for sure. Fortunately, it will be nearly impossible to replicate Macc’s draft record because Douglas seems to have a frontal lobe.

What evidence do you have of that??????

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

So sorry that my speech to type got cores versus corps wrong I will make sure I double check that my phone can decifer the two... 

I am so glad you spent the time to correct me

Sorry didn't mean to single you out but I have seen this term used over and over by numerous posters 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Probably Chris Johnson called up Bob Kraft and said "You just acquired AB and we need a WR.  Do you need Demaryius Thomas anymore?" Then Kraft said "I'll have my GM call your GM to sort out the paperwork".

Isn't that how "Alphas" do business?  (the world according to SAR I)

While a possibility, I would not believe that to be the case as this doesn't involve a high salary or a high draft pick.  That said, CEO's are apprised of all personnel decisions before they are made and I would expect that Gase and Douglas were on the same page and went to Mr. Johnson for his approval.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Call me crazy, but maybe we see how he performs before damning the trade?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Why?  The jets front office can't see how the guy is before coughing up the draft choice.

It's easy to just say that about every single move because then you are never wrong (or never right.)

The comments by some of the posters in this thread, should tell everybody why the Jet's will never get respect from anyone throughout the league, the NFL fan base, and the national media. The ridiculous defense of a HC who wants to throw a wide receiver under the bus after one game, is beyond bizarre, and frankly laughable. To make matters worse, if Darnold was close to being on target, Anderson would have scored on both of those deep passes. There was nobody behind him, that would have caught him in time. The result a loss, instead of a win by double digits.

So which is it? Do we want our coach to hold players accountable or not?

“Throwing a wide receiver under the bus” is something the HC is allowed to do. Sometimes even encouraged to do if that’s what it takes to send a message.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yeah, some people are just plain halfwits. They think "JD charge now he fault" like he didn't come in essentaily after the off-season minus camp. I will say though how hard is it to find a kicker who wants an NFL job that can kick extra points... Did every college kicker now bagging groceries forget how to kick extra points?

They are no longer XP, they are FG's thanks to Goodell.

Not particularly impressed with the trade, but feels a similar pattern to when things went wrong for Gase in Miami - blame the skill guys. 

His comments on Monday (which were pathetic) and this trade indicated he's putting the whole loss on the shoulders of our WR and I suspect Robbie Anderson. Could be wrong it just feels that way. 

Feels like it's trending towards trading Robbie for a low round pick before the trade deadline, and muttering something stupid about "character". 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So which is it? Do we want our coach to hold players accountable or not?

“Throwing a wide receiver under the bus” is something the HC is allowed to do. Sometimes even encouraged to do if that’s what it takes to send a message.

What message is he trying to send. Don't run big play routes, lets turn you into a dink and dunk receiver. Our wide receivers averaged 6 yds a catch Sunday. That's not gonna get it done. it didn't in Miami. it won't here. Gase reminds me of a system coach, like Steve Spurrier. That's not gonna work here. You game plan according too each of your player's strength.

• Upvote 1