No **** Johnny...get off to a slow start and feel the boss' wrath

NIGHT STALKER

Feb 02, 2006

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - New York owner George Steinbrenner and new Yankees center fielder Johnny Damon talked in person Thursday for the first time since the former Boston Red Sox star agreed to a $52 million, four-year contract in December.

"He definitely wants to win," Damon said.

Damon spent an hour at Legends Field, which is the Yankees' spring training home and where Steinbrenner has an office. He toured the facility and also had a "great time" talking with the Boss.

"It's the one thing in my offseason I was really looking forward to," Damon said. "We've talked before, but to see him as a Yankee, it means a lot to me."

An All-Star in 2002 and 2005, Damon takes over the leadoff spot in the batting order, with Derek Jeter moving back down to No. 2.

Feb 02, 2006

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - New York owner George Steinbrenner and new Yankees center fielder Johnny Damon talked in person Thursday for the first time since the former Boston Red Sox star agreed to a $52 million, four-year contract in December.

"He definitely wants to win," Damon said.

Damon spent an hour at Legends Field, which is the Yankees' spring training home and where Steinbrenner has an office. He toured the facility and also had a "great time" talking with the Boss.

"It's the one thing in my offseason I was really looking forward to," Damon said. "We've talked before, but to see him as a Yankee, it means a lot to me."

An All-Star in 2002 and 2005, Damon takes over the leadoff spot in the batting order, with Derek Jeter moving back down to No. 2.

yeah....this isn't a Mickey Mouse organization like the one you used to play for in Boston.

yeah....this isn't a Mickey Mouse organization like the one you used to play for in Boston.

I have to assume steinbrenner doesnt care about winning anymore. If he did, he wouldnt be stockpiling over the hill, steroid-abusing, complacent choke-artists. Discuss.

...with Mickey Mouse fans.

I have to assume steinbrenner doesnt care about winning anymore. If he did, he wouldnt be stockpiling over the hill, steroid-abusing, complacent choke-artists. Discuss.

Sheff? Giambi? Yeah, their stats last season showed they are over-the-hill.:roll:

Damon? Let's see how he does. He should be recovered from his shoulder woes of last season, and ignite the Yankee offense in 2006 and beyond.

I don't know what this post means, but you should phrase it with "African Americans"...Red Sox have had plenty of "black" hispanics on their teams.

Anyway, Coco Crisp in an African American.

I can't use the term "black?" Jeeze. I didnt realize Crisp was, I thought he was Dominican.

And no, I dont consider Dominicans African Americans.

It' not really a secret with Boston anyway, everyone knows. Just like everyone knows what the Jazz do.

....Dear Lord, can you please give it a rest. Sure the Sox HAD a pathetic history regarding black players......but that died long ago, thankfully. So, the Red Sox currently have one African American Black Male in it's starting line-up. Those trail-blazing Yankees have one and a half.

I can't use the term "black?" Jeeze. I didnt realize Crisp was, I thought he was Dominican.

And no, I dont consider Dominicans African Americans.

It' not really a secret with Boston anyway, everyone knows. Just like everyone knows what the Jazz do.

OMFG, this is a stupid post.

As Garb pointed the Sox had a questionable race history. It is no secret Tom Yawkey, the owner of the Sox from 1933ish to his death, was a bigot.

Here is a question for you, before Schilling, it is debatable if he is the biggest star on the Sox IMHO it is Big Papi, name the last white player that was the face of the Red Sox?

It was early 90s and Clemens. Since then it was Mo Vaughan, Nomar, Pedro and now Big Papi. It is not like during the segregation issues of the 70s New England opened their arms to hispanics while spurning blacks.

Your post had merit in the 1970s. Not today.

OMFG, this is a stupid post.

As Garb pointed the Sox had a questionable race history. It is no secret Tom Yawkey, the owner of the Sox from 1933ish to his death, was a bigot.

Here is a question for you, before Schilling, it is debatable if he is the biggest star on the Sox IMHO it is Big Papi, name the last white player that was the face of the Red Sox?

It was early 90s and Clemens. Since then it was Mo Vaughan, Nomar, Pedro and now Big Papi. It is not like during the segregation issues of the 70s New England opened their arms to hispanics while spurning blacks.

Your post had merit in the 1970s. Not today.

Wow. People took my response to the village idiot a tad too serious.

Who was the last black guy to play for the Red Sox?

Discuss

Holy crap. Congrats in receiving the award for stupidest, most banal, retarded, irrelevant and desperate to thrust in a completely outdated point when we are are talking two thousand and freaking SIX baseball.

D ic k.

Archived