Grandy

AB Accused Of Sexual Assault (MERGED)

25 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Are we still always believing the victim?

Are we still impaled butt-first on a pole located squarely on the wrong side of history?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bugg said:

So far, based on anything we have seen on the internet , she never went to the police. If this was 1970, well, that was a very different time. The treatment of rape victims was deplorable.  In 2019, I don't find that plausible.

You don't find what plausible? This is gonna come up, you know. An explanation for why the incidents were not contemporaneously reported (as roughly two thirds of cases aren't) is going to be demanded and provided. How exactly does one assess the credibility of such explanation before it has even been offered?

41 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I agree with due processes, but we need to remember that AB is not innocent of this until he's proven guilty.  He either did it, or he didn't.  He's innocent in the legal system and sense until proven guilty, and that's just fine.  No disagreements.

Emphasis on due. This is a civil suit, not a criminal case. The presumption of innocence and a standard of proof beyond reasonable doubt is not process to which Brown is entitled here. The plaintiff only needs to prove her case by a preponderance of the evidence (essentially, more likely than not) and Boomin better have my money.

This is of course one of any number of perfectly good explanations as to why a victim might not file criminal charges but still pursue civil redress. The different legal standards involved are going to lead to O.J. outcomes in a broad range of situations.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The last time we heard from an athletes Stepfather, it was Laremy Tunsil. Remember how that went? 

It's safe to say that these stepfathers be having that "gold digger" spirit as well. 

His step dad hasnt spoken to AB since he was 17 years old and made a reference about "AB's ways" back when he was 12. AB is 31 years old today. 

Sounds like a non-story, only to fan flames. 

What's the thought process that goes into putting gold digger in quotation marks and slipping be having in there all colloquial and sh*t?

I think this embrace of all things fallacious and counterfactual to the point of reflexively defending a rapist who plays for the Patriots is going to go really well for you here btw.

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company